Celebrity reflection versus Royal Caribbean adventure of seas

hgl279

Given those itineraries I would go with the Adventure of the Seas. I love leaving from San Juan....Puerto Rico is beautiful! Go a day or two early and enjoy the town....we found a couple of amazing restaurants!

Even though the Adventure is 10 years older than the Reflection, Royal Caribbean does an exceptional job of keeping their ships fresh and new looking. And always very clean, just like Celebrity.

On the other hand, if they have never been to St. Thomas or St. Maarten, they are very nice to port in.

I have a cruise on the Reflection coming up in April, our first time on a Solstice class and we are very excited. We spent 29 days on the Mariner of the Seas 2 years ago, sister ship to the Adventure, and we loved that class of ship. And it was in wonderful shape, even though an older ship.

I have been on the Adventure and the Silhouette, sister ship to the Reflection. Both are wonderful ships, but as the poster wrote, the Adventure is older. The Adventure has the Royal Promenade, a wonderful feature and cruises a Southern Caribbean itinerary. You can't go wrong with either ship. If it were me, I would pick the ship based on itinerary and price, if it matters. Where would you rather go?

Ok guys, so I would like to book a holiday for my mum and I at the end of November - adventure of the seas or celebrity reflection - which do you think?

We have not been on the Adventure, but it is a Voyager class ship, and we have sailed on a sister, the Mariner. We are C & A Diamond.

We sailed on the Reflection in Nov 2013. Just reached C.C. Elite.

Think close to 4000 people with a Six Flags theme park feel on Adventure, verse 2600 spread out around the country club on the Reflection.

If your Mum like's relaxing and elegance, it is Reflection. If she still likes hairy leg and portly men :rolleyes: trying to one up each other with a bigger splash, it is Adventure.

Our 1st RCCL cruise was in 1990, 1st Celebrity in 1994.

The Reflection is my wife's ( 58 ) and mine ( 62 ) favorite ship.

Edited by wallie5446

Both are great ships. You will have a real good time on both. You should review the itinerary and compare price. Both do not have a crowded feel.

Be advised that you really only have two port stops on the Reflection. The stop in San Juan is rather short with a late afternoon arrival. I like the Southern Caribbean itinerary with more ports and warmer weather. I think the entertainment is also better on RCL. I would give the edge with the food on Celebrity.

I just love spending time with my mum and chilling out - she hasn't travelled much and loves it. I like to spoil her but she isn't posh, she is just lovely and great company. I love my mum!

So do you think the adventure one would be warmer? She loves swimming x

Have you considered the Summit out of San Juan? We've sailed on the Summit 6 times and on the AOS once and definitely prefer the Summit. We're in the same age range as Wallie or a little older. :rolleyes: You would still be on a celebrity ship but with more ports than the Reflection.

Sue

Edited by MartinsCruise

Have you considered the Summit out of San Juan? We've sailed on the Summit 6 times and on the AOS once and definitely prefer the Summit. We're in the same age range as Wallie or a little older. :rolleyes: You would still be on a celebrity ship but with more ports than the Reflection.

Sue

WONDERFUL idea Sue! Look at the Summit also, great ship.

We were hoping for a Pirate/Ranger Series so we would have a reason to come up your way again! :D But alas, it was not to be.:(

EW

Does your mom want to fly to PR, some think it is a hassle and can be a little more expensive. If not an issue, sailing from SJ is great and so is the Adventure. Just took that cruise 2 yrs ago. Have fun

• 2 weeks later...
Ok guys, so I would like to book a holiday for my mum and I at the end of November - adventure of the seas or celebrity reflection - which do you think?

Fans of both RC and Celebrity. However the Solstice class Celebrity ships, especially the Reflection and the Silhouette cannot be beat. I believe you and your mum will love the reflection- perhaps not so much the Adventure of the Seas. The Reflection has wonderful diverse venues. If you consider a Oasis class ship on RC, you as a previous cruiser said comparing apples to apples- the Reflection vs the Adventure of the Seas- are two different categories.

I would imagine the Adventure is cheaper. We also like to Celebrity Summit which now needs dry dock and new decor, but is a good value for adults.

However if her first cruise- perhaps a smaller, older, no frills, less expensive ship might work for her. Enjoy your cruise

Edited by Cruise a holic

Hello local person!! :D I am from Ipswich, so we are almost neighbours!

What a lovely person you are to treat your mum to a cruise, am sure she would love either, but, ship wise, the Reflection is like the queen mother of all ships, she is soooooo beauitful and new, so that would be my vote, there is a lovely inside pool, jacuzzis, etc too which she will love.

Sounds like the itineraries might be a consideration though, so see what price difference there is, and take it from there. I run a blog with lots of cruise photos and videos, the link is below, if that helps you.

Have a great time whichever you choose, cruising is amazing!!

Louise :)