Shopping!! Allure

mtm103

Hi all

Having only ever been on the Disney Wonder, where the shopping wasn't really for me, I have seen that the Allure has a lot more shopping options.. and well, I live somewhere tiny (island) and the shopping here isn't great, so I am looking forward to a different selection of shops.. but... Are they any good? Are they cheaper than what you would normally find? I normally do all my shopping online and get it shipped, so be nice to browse..

Also, am I right in thinking there is a Michael Kors handbag place?

Thanks all!

Mary

2 weeks to go!!!!

Variety of name-brand , duty-free shopping in Central Park® and the Royal Promenade including the GUESS® Store, Coach®, teen and kids’ shops, plus jewelry, perfumes, and apparel

Designer boutiques from both Kate Spade New York and Michael Kors

Keep in mind.....these shops IMO, are extremely expensive. I don't consider any of them to be "good deals".

None of those "designers" discount their stuff...you might not have to pay tax, but that's the only savings.

Thank you, shame, I don't pay sales tax where I live, so guess I will just window shop.

Thank you, shame, I don't pay sales tax where I live, so guess I will just window shop.

Looks like maybe you live by me:D

just come off the Allure and my wife didn't buy anything on board as to expensive, what she did say is that the Michael Kors shop had a good selection

Looks like maybe you live by me:D

just come off the Allure and my wife didn't buy anything on board as to expensive, what she did say is that the Michael Kors shop had a good selection

Oh yes, very very very close!!! small world.. But yes, why buy anything on the ship if I can order it to be delivered to my home VAT free!!

Oh yes, very very very close!!! small world.. But yes, why buy anything on the ship if I can order it to be delivered to my home VAT free!!

How close is close, Herm, Alderney, Sark, Lihou, Brecque, Jersey, Jethou :D

Here is a link on the Allure page with some photos that I took 2 weeks ago

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2265658&highlight=allure

How close is close, Herm, Alderney, Sark, Lihou, Brecque, Jersey, Jethou :D

Here is a link on the Allure page with some photos that I took 2 weeks ago

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2265658&highlight=allure

Nope, same island as you. So it is a small world!

Great going to read your review now!!

Hi all

Having only ever been on the Disney Wonder, where the shopping wasn't really for me, I have seen that the Allure has a lot more shopping options.. and well, I live somewhere tiny (island) and the shopping here isn't great, so I am looking forward to a different selection of shops.. but... Are they any good? Are they cheaper than what you would normally find? I normally do all my shopping online and get it shipped, so be nice to browse..

Also, am I right in thinking there is a Michael Kors handbag place?

Thanks all!

Mary

2 weeks to go!!!!

Mary

If you are staying in Ft Lauderdale pre or post cruise, there is a store called TJ Maxx which is in within walking distance from Embassy Suite on 17th St. that carries many designer bags and other clothing at a nice discounted rate. You will find many MK bags there along with K Spade, Gucci, YSL, Fendi, etc. It happens to be a TJMaxx Runway store that carries European designer clothing and bags. It is one of my favorite stores at home.

I did not found any good deals in the stores, on board Allure with the exception of some cosmetics.

Enjoy your cruise on Allure, she did wow us, so we booked her again :D

Mary

If you are staying in Ft Lauderdale pre or post cruise, there is a store called TJ Maxx which is in within walking distance from Embassy Suite on 17th St. that carries many designer bags and other clothing at a nice discounted rate. You will find many MK bags there along with K Spade, Gucci, YSL, Fendi, etc. It happens to be a TJMaxx Runway store that carries European designer clothing and bags. It is one of my favorite stores at home.

I did not found any good deals in the stores, on board Allure with the exception of some cosmetics.

Hi, thank you for your reply, I think there will probably be plenty for me to do without shopping! And you are right, might as well wait til we are in the U.S.. We have a TK maxx in UK (k instead of j) but tends to be like a jumble sale with unknown designers, so will definitely try the tj maxx! Thanks for the heads up! And enjoy the Allure!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None of those "designers" discount their stuff...you might not have to pay tax, but that's the only savings.

We have many outlet stores in NY and with the exception of the designer A ilst like Gucci, Prada, louis V you can get discounts on the designers the ship has. Even many jewelry designers can be discounted.

Have purchased leVian jewelry cheaper on sale at Macy's. When we buy because we want the item as a reminder of the cruise. No bargains just nice merchandise. Enjoy your cruise

Mary

Thanks for the info about this store and location.

There is also Sawgrass Mills close to FLL for great shopping. I've hired a car to drive out there. Are you staying in FLL afterwards??

Waving at the OP and Tonkie from Alderney....!

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

Edited by little britain

Thanks for the info about this store and location.

There is also Sawgrass Mills close to FLL for great shopping. I've hired a car to drive out there. Are you staying in FLL afterwards??

Waving at the OP and Tonkie from Alderney....!

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

Pre cruise only, maybe next time.