Newbies

ShipsAhoy425

You guys are so awesome! For the food found at the International Cafe, is that "included" or is that extra cost? On Carnival they had a similar sounding area, but the mostly desserts found there were an extra cost. Just like to make sure I know ahead of time ;)

As far as formal wear goes, would we be out of place in a nice dress and DH in a jacket with (or without?) a tie or does he have to actually wear a tux?

On some ships, the IC sells gelato (I think maybe the Caribbean Princess is one of them) while some ships that were retrofitted for the IC (the Golden, Star, Sapphire, etc.) do not sell gelato. Other than that, there's no charge for the items there, but you can buy a specialty coffee there.

My hubby wears a sports jacket, festive tie, and dress shirt on formal nights and I usually wear a cocktail length dress. But on our last cruise, on all three formal nights, one man at a nearby table wore a solid color dress shirt (one night it was mustard color:eek:) without a jacket or tie.

On some ships' date=' the IC sells gelato (I think maybe the Caribbean Princess is one of them) while some ships that were retrofitted for the IC (the Golden, Star, Sapphire, etc.) do not sell gelato. Other than that, there's no charge for the items there, but you can buy a specialty coffee there.

Caribbean does not have gelato at the IC. It was one of the ships that was retrofitted to have the IC.

The only ships that have gelato at the IC are Crown, Emerald and Ruby.

Regal and Royal have a separate gelato venue.

Caribbean does not have gelato at the IC. It was one of the ships that was retrofitted to have the IC.

The only ships that have gelato at the IC are Crown, Emerald and Ruby.

Regal and Royal have a separate gelato venue.

Wasn't sure. I know the Golden didn't have gelato. But I do recommend their chocolate chip cookies.

Let's not forget the warm cookies and milk served around 3:00 at the pool area. Also there is often quiche and meat pies at IC at lunch. Someone mentioned the afternoon tea. I find it pleasant and try it at least once.

Dying to try the afternoon tea; however, I suspect that my afternoons will probably be spent on deck watching glaciers go by.

Here are a few tips you don't have to look for:

When you board go directly to your cabin it will be ready. The muster drill is held inside in the lounges. Carry don't wear your life vest to the drill, you will be instructed to put it on at the end of the drill. If you want a seat arrive 10/15 mins. early. If you enjoy espresso drinks consider the coffee card. Reservations for all specialty is done on board only. Call the dine line or visit the restaurant the first afternoon. If you wish to book The Sanctuary go directly there after boarding before you go to your cabin. In warm weather cruises lounges fill quickly. French Toast is available in the DR even if it isn't on the menu. The DR is only open for lunch on sea days, open for breakfast every day.

AND the French Toast is available on the lunch menu under the "brunch" section on the top left of the menu! It's really yummy and you get one thick piece, so if you are extra hungry, order two! ;)

Is this something that is included?

What is IC?

Rather than provide a link to the helpful information, I will answer your question (straightforwardly): The afternoon tea happens in one of the dining rooms at 3:30, and it is free. They have little sandwiches, pastries, cookies, and many people like the scones. It's possible to ask for coffee rather than tea, but I haven't. The IC is the International Cafe, a venue with small plates of salads, sandwiches, soups and desserts, all complimentary. It's located (in most instances) in the atrium. (On some ships, it serves gellato for a charge.)

Here is a link to some menus and pictures, it is pretty much what we have seen on our last few Princess cruises although of course some changes may occur:

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/Princess/EmeraldPrincess/ep_mdr_dinner.htm

Thank you! I love zydeco's website, but wasn't sure how up to date these menu's were. I feel better seeing you recommend them though! I know that things can always change but it gives me a thrill to drool over this until we leave :)

Newbie here too. Rather than starting a new thread, I'd like to know what beverages, if any, are included if you don't have a drink package.

Coffee (from syrup), iced tea and lemonade, and I think orange juice in the morning.

Besides OJ, a number of other juices are available for no cost at breakfast from room service, in the buffet and in a dining room. In the buffet you may not see all types, just ask a server if the one you want is available.

Milk is also available 24 hours a day at no charge (there is a charge for chocolate milk for adults).

Besides OJ, a number of other juices are available for no cost at breakfast from room service, in the buffet and in a dining room. In the buffet you may not see all types, just ask a server if the one you want is available.

Milk is also available 24 hours a day at no charge (there is a charge for chocolate milk for adults).

Glad I read this, on DCL, I probably drank my weight in chocolate milk! I have been considering the drink package (the sodas and more) so I do plan on drinking my weight in virgin pina colada's :D

Rather than provide a link to the helpful information, I will answer your question (straightforwardly): The afternoon tea happens in one of the dining rooms at 3:30, and it is free. They have little sandwiches, pastries, cookies, and many people like the scones. It's possible to ask for coffee rather than tea, but I haven't. The IC is the International Cafe, a venue with small plates of salads, sandwiches, soups and desserts, all complimentary. It's located (in most instances) in the atrium. (On some ships, it serves gellato for a charge.)

Thank you.