Question for Bonnie re-Shuttles in Sydney

G2G

Sydney port timetable shows Quest at white Bay, in Jan sorry.

I know it does but my documentation from AZ says Circular Quay. My TA checked with AZ yesterday and they confirmed it as Circular Quay not White Bay. Now slightly confused!

461662450_AZEmbarkation.jpg.14168d345a24aac876e9914134db2033.jpg

Edited by robbieandjimmy

The port schedule that is easiest to find was last updated late December.

I did some digging around. I found a reference on the port site to checking the Daily Vessel Movement if the embarkation is within 2 weeks. The link did not work but google did:

https://ships.portauthoritynsw.com.au/marineoperations/DailyVesselMovements.aspx Check for Sydney Harbor arrivals

Azamara Quest is arriving at White Bay on the 14th. Does this coincide with the date that the preceding cruise arrives? I am running out the door and can't check right now.

Now in the departures it has Quest listed as departing White Bay on the 15th. Which is weird because we all know it is an overnight. I looked farther down and it has the Quest departing from the OPT on the 16th.

Is the ship repositioning for 1 night?!

I'm onboard. They are talking about maybe changing maybe not, so a lot of us have arrangements with taxi firms we don't know whether to keep or not. Just waiting to see will post if I can but the internet is absolutely lousy and as its small towns we call at Free wifi is very hard to find which has been a huge issue for us

We just received the email:

Hello, this is Azamara Club Cruises. In early December we provided you with information on a change in terminal in Sydney, Australia on January 15, 2016. With this notification we wanted to confirm that your check-in for the Azamara Quest will be at the White Bay Cruise Terminal, with access via James Craig Road, Rozelle. We are asking that all guests are checked in at the White Bay Cruise Terminal no later than 5:00 pm. As your first night of the voyage is overnight in Sydney, we also want to make sure you enjoy your time there, so at 6:00 pm the ship will depart from the White Bay Cruise Terminal and move to the Overseas Passenger Terminal at Circular Quay which is in the heart of Sydney adjacent to the famous Sydney Opera House. The ship will remain at Circular Quay until 5:00 pm on January 16, 2016, at which time the Azamara Quest will depart Sydney for your voyage to Auckland, New Zealand.

We just received the email:

Hello, this is Azamara Club Cruises. In early December we provided you with information on a change in terminal in Sydney, Australia on January 15, 2016. With this notification we wanted to confirm that your check-in for the Azamara Quest will be at the White Bay Cruise Terminal, with access via James Craig Road, Rozelle. We are asking that all guests are checked in at the White Bay Cruise Terminal no later than 5:00 pm. As your first night of the voyage is overnight in Sydney, we also want to make sure you enjoy your time there, so at 6:00 pm the ship will depart from the White Bay Cruise Terminal and move to the Overseas Passenger Terminal at Circular Quay which is in the heart of Sydney adjacent to the famous Sydney Opera House. The ship will remain at Circular Quay until 5:00 pm on January 16, 2016, at which time the Azamara Quest will depart Sydney for your voyage to Auckland, New Zealand.

Hi Bonnie

I've just seen this on the forum. Sorry to be a pain but is there anyway you can find out how long the transit from White Bay to the OPT will take? We are having dinner with friends at their house in Sydney on the 15th and we are wondering whether to "escape" the ship before it leaves White Bay or wait until it berths at the OPT. I presume that shortly after it has docked at the OPT we can get off the ship. If we go to their house from the OPT it will be a more pleasant journey as we can take a ferry which will go under the bridge Thanks

David

Those onboard now have been told one return trip on a local ferry is all the shuttle arrangements in place on 14th. And this stops at 5pm - not quite what many expected or hoped for in a port with overnight stay

Here's a copy of a shipboard letter explaining a bit more.

Dear ________,

As we are getting closer to our arrival in Sydney, Australia, I wanted to provide you an update on where the Azamara Quest will be docked in Sydney, and a few logistical details.

January 14: When arriving in Sydney on January 14, we will be docked at Sydney's newest terminal - White Bay Cruise Terminal, which has access via James Craig Road, Rozelle for those of you familiar with the area. We will be staying overnight at White Bay, and guests who are leaving us in Sydney will disembark at this terminal. Disembarkation information will be provided in a separate communication.

For guests staying with us to Auckland, New Zealand, please note the following.

January 15: After our embarking guests have arrived in the afternoon, the Azamara Quest will depart the White Bay Cruise Terminal at 5 pm and move to the Overseas Passenger Terminal at Circular Quay. The Overseas Passenger Terminal is in the heart is Sydney, and adjacent to the famous Sydney Opera House. All Land Discoveries on January 15 for in-transit guests will leave from the White Bay Cruise Terminal. If your tour is scheduled to arrive back at the ship after 5 pm, we will bring you back to the ship at the Overseas Passenger Terminal at Circular Quay.

If you are not participating in any of the Land Discoveries, or if upon your return from a tour you want to enjoy Sydney, we will provide you with a ticket for a pleasant ferry ride from White Bay to Sydney Harbor. Tickets and time tables are available at the Guest Relations Desk. You can choose to return to the ship at White Bay terminal by no later than 4:30 pm, or rejoin the ship at the Circular Quay terminal after 5 pm.

January 16: The Azamara Quest will remain at Circular Quay until 5 pm on January 16, at which time we will depart for Auckland, New Zealand. We ask all guests to be back onboard no later than 4:30 pm. Land Discoveries on January 16 will depart from and return to Circular Quay, or should you choose to enjoy Sydney on your own, the heart of Sydney is within walking distance.

We wish you a wonderful time in Sydney.

Please contact our Guest Relations team should you have any questions.

Sincerely,

________

The follow up communication on board is that for guests disembarking in Sydney the outcome of any late negotiations have not been good.

We have all to go to the lounge after 0745 on 14th when we will be given one return ticket for a public ferry (not a day pass). The ferry is running it's advertised schedule to Circular Quay, no additional service so it's about every 40-50 minutes and the last ferry back is around 5pm so any guest wanting to explore Sydney at night will have to pay for taxis. Likewise anyone whose daytime exploration times/tours run after 5 will have to get taxis.

From what I'm hearing, the spin that we will have such a lovely view of the harbour on the ferry ride is not being seen as compensation by all guests!

• 8 months later...