Question for Bonnie re-Shuttles in Sydney

G2G

I am hearing there will be a shuttle but I have no other details. If I hear more I'll be sure to post.

Thank you that is better news. Hopefully we can hear the drop off point whenever it is known as that's what affects most people's replanning now

I am new to the message board process and just in the process of learning how to navigate this site, however, as my wife and I are on B2B on the Quest from Cairns to Auckland (Jan 5- Jan 31) so this caught my attention as we too are looking at how best to spend our time in Sydney. Based on our first cruise with Azamara, it surprised me that we don't have excellent connections from the area we dock into Sydney. I will be following this closely. Thank you everyone for bringing up the various options/points. Garry

I am new to the message board process and just in the process of learning how to navigate this site, however, as my wife and I are on B2B on the Quest from Cairns to Auckland (Jan 5- Jan 31) so this caught my attention as we too are looking at how best to spend our time in Sydney. Based on our first cruise with Azamara, it surprised me that we don't have excellent connections from the area we dock into Sydney. I will be following this closely. Thank you everyone for bringing up the various options/points. Garry

Hi Garry,

We just found out that the cruise ship has cancelled the Syndey blue mountain 4wd tour. We are going to use Context Travels. We have used them in Floence, Venice, Rome, Naples, Amsterdam, Budapest, Prague and Montreal.

They are tours for " the intellectually curious." History or art or architecture tours usually.

They are usually history professors from the universities, Ph.D. or masters level. The information we get from them gives us a unique insight into the real history and they make it come alive. They only take a max of 6 people. We do have to meet them somewhere in Syndney but in the past when we weren't sure ahead of how to get there, if it is only us, they can make special arrangements.

We are going to book "Convicts, Strumpets and the Plague" tour on January 15.

"Making of Sydney-Hyde Park barracks" on January 16.

Three hour tours for $69 each but if we want to do it alone, we can pay for a private tour. Look them up. If you want to join us, we can make it a private tour for 4. If 2 more want to join, we can do a private tour for cheaper.

They are great to get in contact with ahead of time and when you meet with them, they will also give you hints for anything else you want to know.

Guest relations has informed me that there would not be a shuttle. We chose Azamara as we thought that a small ship would be in town, not in the suburbs. Azamara should recognize that people are not happy that a shuttle is not being offered. If they do decide to do a shuttle they need to inform everyone.

Maureen

Guest relations has informed me that there would not be a shuttle. We chose Azamara as we thought that a small ship would be in town, not in the suburbs. Azamara should recognize that people are not happy that a shuttle is not being offered. If they do decide to do a shuttle they need to inform everyone.

Maureen

after 28 cruises i do not believe or trust Mia 100%. The ship gets the shuttles and not sure who- travel desk or front desk-ship or the ports how late they run. I had them in every port they are allowed- some ports including Singapore does not .but there there were taxi's.i think this is a wait and see until we are on ship. as i am B2B i am seeing a hotel for 2 nights by the places i want to be.

after 28 cruises i do not believe or trust Mia 100%. The ship gets the shuttles and not sure who- travel desk or front desk-ship or the ports how late they run. I had them in every port they are allowed- some ports including Singapore does not .but there there were taxi's.i think this is a wait and see until we are on ship. as i am B2B i am seeing a hotel for 2 nights by the places i want to be.

No Robin we are not waiting and seeing, that's not an option, nor is spending extra money on Sydney hotel rooms, I appreciate this may be an option for you, it's not an option for most guests.

Bonnie said there would be shuttles, we will hold her to her word though I know several people are seeking clarification from contacts in Azamara on where the drop off will be etc

Edited by uktog

No Robin we are not waiting and seeing, that's not an option, nor is spending extra money on Sydney hotel rooms, I appreciate this may be an option for you, it's not an option for most guests.

Bonnie said there would be shuttles, we will hold her to her word though I know several people are seeking clarification from contacts in Azamara on where the drop off will be etc

Well taxis for three days could run many people a couple hundred and that is one night in a hotel. Bonnie still did not say there are no shuttles it was a follow cruiser. I have been given the run around so much in Mia I just stopped. Enlivening in them.

I have two nights and three days while you have and others have less time. Many of us are staying on so I hope to see an answer before we sail.

How would you or anyone change plans for two days based on shuttles or taxis. Mine involved walking and eating and the beach.

I am still trying to get more info on this elsewhere and have a commitment for an answer.

It's now becoming clear being on this inaugural year is far from ideal - no details on shuttles, incomplete land discoveries information etc. I know as ever the onboard experience will be great but the pre cruise experience regarding information and excursions issued to all guests together with the follow up nformation is not a patch on Celebrity - running out of time for Azamara to catch up on this one.

It used to be that shuttle information could be found out here if it was not generally available - is that beyond your remit Bonnie?

I am still trying to get more info on this elsewhere and have a commitment for an answer.

It's now becoming clear being on this inaugural year is far from ideal - no details on shuttles, incomplete land discoveries information etc. I know as ever the onboard experience will be great but the pre cruise experience regarding information and excursions issued to all guests together with the follow up nformation is not a patch on Celebrity - running out of time for Azamara to catch up on this one.

It used to be that shuttle information could be found out here if it was not generally available - is that beyond your remit Bonnie?

It is presently beyond my remit. There is an ACC team in Australia now and I've asked if they can find out about the plans for the shuttle. I promise to post when I have something...anything!

Glad to hear from Bonnie that there will be a shuttle in Sydney. We like to explore on foot whenever possible and the prospect of taking taxis whilst in Sydney does not appeal to us. After all as someone has already pointed out the ship is our hotel so why pay for a night in one when we have already paid for it!!

RE: SHUTTLE IN SYDNEY

Our team on the ground has confirmed the following shuttle plan from White Bay Cruise Terminal:

Timing: Buses will run every 30 minutes from both city and ship.

Travel Time: 25 minutes each way while berthed at White Bay Cruise Terminal

Drop Off Point: George Street outside Fleet Park, near The Rocks.

I apologize to all booked guests, on behalf of all of us, for the delay in getting you this information.

Bonnie

RE: SHUTTLE IN SYDNEY

Our team on the ground has confirmed the following shuttle plan from White Bay Cruise Terminal:

Timing: Buses will run every 30 minutes from both city and ship.

Travel Time: 25 minutes each way while berthed at White Bay Cruise Terminal

Drop Off Point: George Street outside Fleet Park, near The Rocks.

I apologize to all booked guests, on behalf of all of us, for the delay in getting you this information.

Bonnie

Great thanks now we can plan!

Hi Gary, I am hosting the roll call for these 2 cruises (5 Jan & 15 Jan). If you go to the Roll Call pages for Azamara you will find each of these cruises where fellow guests have been posting excursion ideas for many months now. I have posted the current roll call recently so you will be able to see where all your fellow passengers come from. You will also find the link to the Azamara Meet & Mingle. This is an event hosted by Azamara, usually on the first sea day, for all people who have registered with them via Cruise Critic.

I will add you to my roll call list but you still need to register directly with Azamara. Please also let me know the name of your wife and your cabin #.

Hope to meet you onboard. Jeanette (Auckland, NZ)

Edited by maygrovecruisers

Thank you Bonnie. Do you have any information as to the time of evening/night the last bus will run from the city to the ship berthed at White Bay Cruise Terminal?

this was the big point. i knew we have them but is it to 10 or midnight. taken shuttles one way and taxi's the other.. but it seems with 2 trips a days you are talking 2 hours of your day wasted. .tough on B2B people.

Thank you Bonnie. Do you have any information as to the time of evening/night the last bus will run from the city to the ship berthed at White Bay Cruise Terminal?

I was given only a range for the last return buss from 9-11pm on 1/15, the night the ship overnights in Sydney. The final decision will be made by the ship personnel.

The shuttle will start the next morning around 8am.

I was given only a range for the last return buss from 9-11pm on 1/15, the night the ship overnights in Sydney. The final decision will be made by the ship personnel.

The shuttle will start the next morning around 8am.

you jsut said they are running on turn around day!! you did not mention the 14th or the 16 when we sail l think at 5.

you jsut said they are running on turn around day!! you did not mention the 14th or the 16 when we sail l think at 5.

All other days, everyone must be aboard one-hour prior to the ship's departure time. The shuttle will leave the Rocks accordingly; I'd guess 3:30pm on the dates the ship departs at 5pm.

Of course, the ship personnel will have the final say on the exact times.

All other days, everyone must be aboard one-hour prior to the ship's departure time. The shuttle will leave the Rocks accordingly; I'd guess 3:30pm on the dates the ship departs at 5pm.

Of course, the ship personnel will have the final say on the exact times.

I'm sorry to labour the point, but would you clarify the times for the 14th please, for those of us on the previous cruise from Cairns?

Thank you for the information you have acquired for us thus far it is very helpful. G :D