NCL vs RCCL

AndyT3

You are making the right choice and you are going to love your cruise. And let me go ahead and apologize right now for post #24. As with any anonymous internet board, there are people who get really worked up and say contentious things when their favorite cruise line is not worshiped. Kinda odd actually, but oh well.

If you have any more questions, ask away. Most of us are happy to help. :)

We are so looking forward to all the Anthem has to offer! When we were booked on the Dawn, I watched and rewatched every YouTube video I could possibly find; and so the search begins for the Anthem videos.

I appreciate the invitation to ask questions! I was just starting to recognize the "allies" on the NCL board, and it's good to see I'm starting to find them on the RC board now as well (not that I'm downing anyone else, however, some are more willing to answer the stupid "newb" questions as well ;)).

So, therefore, how exactly does the C&A points system work? Number of nights = number of points earned? Then double for suites? Am I getting that so far?

Thanks!! :D

We are so looking forward to all the Anthem has to offer! When we were booked on the Dawn, I watched and rewatched every YouTube video I could possibly find; and so the search begins for the Anthem videos.

I appreciate the invitation to ask questions! I was just starting to recognize the "allies" on the NCL board, and it's good to see I'm starting to find them on the RC board now as well (not that I'm downing anyone else, however, some are more willing to answer the stupid "newb" questions as well ;)).

So, therefore, how exactly does the C&A points system work? Number of nights = number of points earned? Then double for suites? Am I getting that so far?

Thanks!! :D

Totally understand!!! One thing you'll find on these boards is, the best advice usually comes from those who aren't married to one line....no real loyalty if you would. We make mistakes sometimes, but mean no malice by it.

As for C&A on RCI, it is a points-per-night system. Additional points are awarded for booking a Junior Suite or higher. So, a 7 night cruise in a suite would earn you 14 points. They also have a spending bonus. This is where I'm not certain on the numbers...you can receive extra points for certain amounts spent on board. $250 maybe????

Totally understand!!! One thing you'll find on these boards is, the best advice usually comes from those who aren't married to one line....no real loyalty if you would. We make mistakes sometimes, but mean no malice by it.

As for C&A on RCI, it is a points-per-night system. Additional points are awarded for booking a Junior Suite or higher. So, a 7 night cruise in a suite would earn you 14 points. They also have a spending bonus. This is where I'm not certain on the numbers...you can receive extra points for certain amounts spent on board. $250 maybe????

Are you sure about spending bonus? never heard of this on RCCL. Hal has bonus like that, I know I always get my cruise lines mixed up, since we do not stick with any line.

Are you sure about spending bonus? never heard of this on RCCL. Hal has bonus like that, I know I always get my cruise lines mixed up, since we do not stick with any line.

I went back and did a little more research into it because so far, it's only been something I've heard of. It is not fleetwide yet. So far, it has only been a bonus on the Freedom of the Seas. I was also off on the number. You get awarded 3 points for $450 spent.

According to this blog from RCI, it is a pilot program that to date only applied to certain FOS sailings:

http://www.******************.com/2015/09/07/royal-caribbean-offering-bonus-crown-anchor-society-points-select-freedom-of-the-seas

Ok...the link isn't working. I Googled "crown and anchor spending bonus" and the blog was the 3rd hit, dated Sep 7 2015.

Edited by Aquahound

You are making the right choice and you are going to love your cruise. And let me go ahead and apologize right now for post #24. As with any anonymous internet board, there are people who get really worked up and say contentious things when their favorite cruise line is not worshiped. Kinda odd actually, but oh well.

If you have any more questions, ask away. Most of us are happy to help. :)

Don't apologize for me just because I corrected your misinformation ! There is nothing to apologize for.

I just posted Correct information.

I do not worship any cruise line, nor do I bash any cruise line.

I just try to post FACTS so that people can make their own decisions.

Lois