Freedom of the seas airport transfer/excursion

Alfielou

Hi

We are going on the freedom of the seas early 2016 and don't yet have transfers back to the airport. We thought we would be able to get an RC coach transfer and just book it during the cruise but I emailed RC to check and they said that because we haven't booked direct with them that we can only book RC transfers via our travel agent (which I imagine will be loads more expensive!)

Also our flight back to the uk isn't until 6pm so we thought we would do the Kennedy space centre trip that takes you to the airport afterwards but now I don't know if we will be able to book this either?! Are there other trips that end at the airport? I don't know whether to just book a taxi from port canaveral to the airport and have done with it! Is there anything to do at port canaveral before going to the airport?! Any suggestions as to what to do would be gratefully received as I'm feeling flummoxed and would like to organise before we go. Many thanks in advance.

Florida is very easy to drive. We rented a car, they pick you up in shuttles and take you to the rental office. We had a nice lunch near the terminal at Fishlips. Shopped a little, stopped at an orange grove and headed to the airport when it was time. The car lets you be flexible to do what you want.

Hi

We are going on the freedom of the seas early 2016 and don't yet have transfers back to the airport. We thought we would be able to get an RC coach transfer and just book it during the cruise but I emailed RC to check and they said that because we haven't booked direct with them that we can only book RC transfers via our travel agent (which I imagine will be loads more expensive!)

Also our flight back to the uk isn't until 6pm so we thought we would do the Kennedy space centre trip that takes you to the airport afterwards but now I don't know if we will be able to book this either?! Are there other trips that end at the airport? I don't know whether to just book a taxi from port canaveral to the airport and have done with it! Is there anything to do at port canaveral before going to the airport?! Any suggestions as to what to do would be gratefully received as I'm feeling flummoxed and would like to organise before we go. Many thanks in advance.

When we sailed out of San Juan we had our travel agent arrange for the Royal shuttle from the airport to the ship....it was very very reasonable. I don't believe it was any more expensive than if were could have booked it ourselves. I expect that if we needed to book it for the trip from the ship to the airport it would have been any different.

We instead of going directly to the airport, did an excursion that took us to the airport, since we had a late afternoon departing flight from San Juan. It worked quite well for us.

I would rather take an excursion from the ship that handles getting the luggage to the airport and also gets me to the airport in time for my flight than hassle with renting a car and finding something to do for the day.

Just sharing my experience.

Just got off the Freedom a couple of weeks ago.

We had originally booked the Cape Canaveral tour online and then decided to cancel that prior to the cruise as we thought getting to the airport for 2/3pm and after being up early for the excursion and not flying till 8pm would be too tiring.

So we booked a day room at the Hyatt ($99) at the airport and once on board Freedom we went to the Customer services desk and booked a ship transfer from the port to Orlando airport. It was $37.50 per person and the shuttle coaches ran from 7am till 1015am on the day on disembarkation.

You don't need to book a time you just go out when your ready, get on a coach and when its full it goes and this is how it works.

We got a coach at about 830am and were at the airport by 0930am, checked in to the Hyatt and spent the day relaxing as we had the room from 10 - 1800 hrs.

We had a wander around the terminal and did some shopping.

Checked out at 1800, went through security to the gate, got on the plane and came home.

Lovely hotel, nice restaurant, it has a pool and you can watch the planes too.

So poss another idea if your not feeling the excursion and want to relax before coming home.

I think it also has a bookable for fee shuttle bus to go to a nearby mall, Sea World and somewhere else if you wanted but we didn't so did not look into that further.

Hi

I took this excursion back in May of 2015 and they delivered us to the airport around 3pm.

Thanks for these replies they are really helpful! If anyone knows what's at port canaveral (if anything) or has any other comments I'd be most grateful!

There are several restaurants within walking distance of terminal 1.

I would do the rental car, if you want to go sightseeing....google Port Canaveral...tons of things will pop up!

You could also head to Orlando....google that, too! You won't have time for Disney or Universal, but there are other things to do!

Hi

You should be able to book the space center excursion right on the website or at the service desk on the ship. Its a great excursion!!

I am just back from the freedom and live in Canada. I found a web site called goportcanaveral.com. I flew into Florida the day before the cruise. This web site has options. I choose the one that picked me up at the airport, took me to the hotel of my choice (from their site) picked me up the day of the cruise and took me to the ship, then lastly met me when we got back and took me back to the airport. I have no complaint I would recommend and use this site again. Never had to wait long for any of the pickups.