16 nights for $550. Why so cheap?

supermax

I'm looking at the Splendour Suez Canal cruise this November. The cheapest option is only $550 pp. The taxes kind of high at $300pp, but still it looks like an incredible deal. Why would they offer it so cheap? Anything I should be concerned about? Planning to send my mom and aunt, who are in their 70s.

The cruise: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/SP16R006

It's considered last-minute, they obviously didn't fill the ship, and airfare may be a deal-breaker.

If you haven't already, snap this one up, because a price that low may only show for an hour, and then it could increase to thousands.

Lots of sea days, not a round trip, not a megaship, inside stateroom.

We have a 14-night TA next year where the insides are starting at $736.

Also I think that a lot of people would think twice before cruising in that region right now.

Suez cruises are often very well priced, probably due to many sea days and getting air can be difficult.

In 2013 we did the Suez on the Mariner JS $2400, 2015 Rhapsody outside solo for $1200 and I have the Ovation booked solo in May 2016 for $1240 - all including taxes and fees.

Pete

My husband and I did a similar cruise (repositioning, but going Dubai to Rome), and it was fantastic. It was the best vacation ever. Going through the Suez was amazing. When we went, they were stopping in both Egypt and Jordan (which, they are not stopping in currently).

It looks like you would do Athens, two stops in Israel, Oman, and Dubai. Honestly, Oman and Dubai are totally safe. Israel--I would just stick with cruise tours in those areas (they will ensure you have the appropriate security, etc).

There's nothing for you guys to worry about. Have an enjoyable trip!

DG

Thanks for your replies. Not terribly concerned about the security situation in Israel- after all we live in Baltimore, which has more murders than the whole Israel. However this cruise will sail past Somalia... They tried to attack a smaller cruise ship a year ago. I doubt they have means to board a taller Vision Class ship.

Thanks for your replies. Not terribly concerned about the security situation in Israel- after all we live in Baltimore, which has more murders than the whole Israel. However this cruise will sail past Somalia... They tried to attack a smaller cruise ship a year ago. I doubt they have means to board a taller Vision Class ship.

You will likely have more security measures in place when sailing in those waters:cool:.

Biker, who was on the Legend TA last fall that was only $409 pp for a 16 day sailing.

Edited by Biker19