Is Starbucks on Oasis 'pay cash upon purchase'

h-sar

or charged to cabin? Thanks

Charged to stateroom, or your Starbucks gift card if you have one. Not sure if it will work with CAN denominated cards.

Edited by clarea

Which, of course, makes sense. :)

It makes sense to me because those are the only ships with a standalone dedicated Starbucks venue, as opposed to other ships that serve Starbucks coffee products with other items at Cafe Promenade or Cafe Latte-tudes.

Using your onboard credit would be my choice. If you have a card save it for home use.

.Why? If you have a gold starbuck's card, you get points for free stuff. So if you don't use it, than you don't get free stuff. It cost the same either way, and both ways you pay by handing over a "card" and getting it "swiped". Which means it makes no difference in effort or money to use either method.

.Why? If you have a gold starbuck's card, you get points for free stuff. So if you don't use it, than you don't get free stuff. It cost the same either way, and both ways you pay by handing over a "card" and getting it "swiped". Which means it makes no difference in effort or money to use either method.

I agree,

I always load an extra $50.00 on my starbucks gold card before I sail allure or oasis, it's just easier for me and I get the points ( as others have mentioned)

The one thing to note. If you dont have the physical card... they DO NOT have a scanner to scan the barcode on your phone. They will , however, type the numbers in manually from the bar code on your phone.. just takes a few minutes longer. but for me... Gold card is the way to go( sorta the same philosphy people use with drink packages) I preload my card, and then I know I have the funds and If i dont use them I will use them at home, and I dont have to worry about what hits my sea pass card.

Just a note. On the oasis in september, when we were in port ( I think St Maarten) the computers were down and they could not take the starbucks card.. they had to hand write the thing, and then of course, I got charged like 16.00 for my 3.00 drink. Had to go to guest relations. blah , blah, blah

However, please don't go expecting to be able to use your Gold card on Oasis/Allure. Coincidentally, I cruised Allure in 2012 and last month and both cruises the machine/technology wasn't working to accept Gold cards for the majority of the cruise.

However, please don't go expecting to be able to use your Gold card on Oasis/Allure. Coincidentally, I cruised Allure in 2012 and last month and both cruises the machine/technology wasn't working to accept Gold cards for the majority of the cruise.

worked for me on the oasis last month no problem and I was on the same sept 19th sailing you were.. ( with the exception of the one afternoon as noted)

Edited by TheTruthCanHurt

worked for me on the oasis last month no problem and I was on the same sept 19th sailing you were.. ( with the exception of the one afternoon as noted)

I tried 3 different times and each time they told me it wasn't working and I had to use my seapass. It has to be very time sensitive.

I used the app on the Allure to pay. I seem to remember it is like using at Starbucks in Target. You can pay with the GC or app but you don't garner any points

INCORRECT. Oasis and Allure are different in regards to the actual Starbucks that are on board those ships. You CAN use Starbuck's gift cards at those locations. Earlier this year, my wife used her Christmas stocking stuffer Starbuck's gift card many times on the Oasis.

Everything you buy will be put on your seapass....EVERYTHING.