Perks for Diamond

Not sure if this is correct or not.... Been awhile since we traveled on RCCL

Do Diamond members get vouchers for house wine @ some bars between 5:30 and 8;30 pm or is this only available in the diamond lounge?

Thanks

The vouchers are for any bar, but no restaurants.

You get 3 per evening, to be used during the hours the DL cocktail hour. The vouchers can be used for soda, house wine, selected beers, and basic mixed drinks.

Edited by clarea

You get 3 per evening, to be used during the hours the DL cocktail hour. The vouchers can be used for soda, house wine, selected beers, and basic mixed drinks.

Thanks....Thats nice getting vouchers also along with having access to the Concierge and Diamond lounge. :)

Thanks....Thats nice getting vouchers also along with having access to the Concierge and Diamond lounge. :)

If you are just Diamond you won't get into the Concierge lounge unless you are in a full suite.

Just off Navigator/Oct. 4-11, Western C., not only were we able to visit Diamond Lounge between 4:30 - 7:30, we could also frequent any bar on ship for cocktails as well during these hours. We were not limited to number of drinks!!

There was a flyer in our cabin - with a card attached which explains the spirits offered.

I'd like to jump on here and ask a few other questions too...

You get a list in your cabin of the discounts that are preloaded onto your card, and that includes the 3 drinks vouchers. How do you know what other benefits you have? I knew through CC that I can access the Diamond Lounge, but I never received anything telling me about the diamond lounge.

Part way through my cruise last week I mentioned queues for breakfast, and someone said that as diamond there's a separate MDR breakfast queue. From the Royal website, here's a list of the benefits. I didn't hear anything about a private departure lounge on board.

What other standard Diamond benefits are out there that you're just supposed to stumble across?

• Onboard Offers are preloaded to your SeaPass card. Refer to your onboard Welcome Letter for details.
  • Exclusive Invitation to Welcome Back Party
  • Private departure lounge with Continental Breakfast
  • Exclusive Top Tier Event
  • Signature Lapel Pin
  • Welcome Amenity upon arrival
  • Milestone Recognition
  • Chef’s Choice Gift/Amenity
  • Priority wait list for Shore Excursions/VitalitySM Day Spa Services/Main Dining Room
  • Diamond Lounge (on select ships)
  • Priority Departure & Lounge with Continental Breakfast
  • Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event
  • Nightly Complimentary Drink Vouchers

... How do you know what other benefits you have? ...

You should get a letter in your stateroom with a list of your coupons. If you don't have this go to Guest Services and they will provide one.

You should get a letter in your stateroom from the Diamond Concierge describing other benefits, such as the drink vouchers, access to the Diamond Lounge, and other services the concierge can provide. This is the letter that will list things like priority departure, if that is offered on your ship.

Wow... I am impressed...We elected to get a full suite for the April 23 Pacific crossing on Explorer of the Seas... Looks like we wont need a a drink package... maybe some AA counseling when get home... 5:30 to 8:30 pm is all we would ever need and then some...LOL

On Celebrity you only get the drink package in a Royal or Penthouse Suite.

Wow... I am impressed...We elected to get a full suite for the April 23 Pacific crossing on Explorer of the Seas... Looks like we wont need a a drink package... maybe some AA counseling when get home... 5:30 to 8:30 pm is all we would ever need and then some...LOL

Perhaps it does not matter in your case, but the drinks available in the Concierge/Suite lounge are a small subset of the drinks you can get with an unlimited beverage package.

Just did our first cruise as Diamond. We didn't visit the Lounge often (Adventure OTS, 5PM to 8PM by the way) mainly because we were cruising with our 6 yr old DGD. She was allowed in the Lounge for lunch, but not when alcohol was served freely. Anyways, seems you get a fuller glass of wine in the Lounge.

Our favorite Diamond perk: breakfast in a Diamond/D Plus area. Fast service, no crowds.

You should get a letter in your stateroom with a list of your coupons. If you don't have this go to Guest Services and they will provide one.

You should get a letter in your stateroom from the Diamond Concierge describing other benefits, such as the drink vouchers, access to the Diamond Lounge, and other services the concierge can provide. This is the letter that will list things like priority departure, if that is offered on your ship.

Aha - I got the list of coupons (which mentioned the diamond drink vouchers), but didn't get a letter from the concierge with the other benefits/services. As it was my first cruise as diamond I didn't know that I was missing the letter, but will know next time :)

I kept every bit of paper that was delivered to my cabin, so I can double check, but it looks like I just got missed out.

Aha - I got the list of coupons (which mentioned the diamond drink vouchers), but didn't get a letter from the concierge with the other benefits/services. As it was my first cruise as diamond I didn't know that I was missing the letter, but will know next time :)

I kept every bit of paper that was delivered to my cabin, so I can double check, but it looks like I just got missed out.

Sometimes they put the letter from the concierge on the other side of the letter with the coupons, so it's easy to miss.

Some people like to eat dinner at some point during those hours, but whatever suits you.

How many people in your party do Diamond benefits apply to? I am Diamond but it has been a while since I had more than just my spouse with me. If I am booking for an "extended family" party of 12 (6 adults, 6 kids) how many people get the Diamond benefits? (Harmony OTS, July 2016)

Edited by thetoolman

How many people in your party do Diamond benefits apply to? I am Diamond but it has been a while since I had more than just my spouse with me. If I am booking for an "extended family" party of 12 (6 adults, 6 kids) how many people get the Diamond benefits? (Harmony OTS, July 2016)

The only people that get Diamond benefits are those at the Diamond level. Being in a party does not in itself convey any Diamond benefits.

As long as it says Diamond on their cards... all of them. Otherwise, as per the flyer in your cabin, only people who have reached that status.

Just off Navigator/Oct. 4-11, Western C., not only were we able to visit Diamond Lounge between 4:30 - 7:30, we could also frequent any bar on ship for cocktails as well during these hours. We were not limited to number of drinks!!

There was a flyer in our cabin - with a card attached which explains the spirits offered.

Are they cutting back the hours from 3.5 to 3 hours? It looks like someone posted on Navigator it was 4:30-7:30 and now on Adventure 5-8 per another reply.. Anyone confirm? On Jewel it was posted 5p-8p but they went until 830.

Are they cutting back the hours from 3.5 to 3 hours? It looks like someone posted on Navigator it was 4:30-7:30 and now on Adventure 5-8 per another reply.. Anyone confirm? On Jewel it was posted 5p-8p but they went until 830.
It all depends on what time dinner in the MDR is to what hours it's open. So varies by ship.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I am working as hard and fast as I can to become a Diamond member! And by "working" I mean taking cruises :cool: So come next summer if things go as planned - I will get to enjoy these wonderful Diamond Perks. I just hope they don't change them (for the worse) before I make it there.