Cost of Wi-fi on Rhapsody of the Seas

steveso

I'm just back from a 9 night night on Rhapsody. It was a fantastic cruise but I have one major niggle with their wi fi pricing.

If you wanted Wi-fi every day then it would have been $20 for each day of the cruise. If you wanted one days access then it was $40.

This seems outrageous pricing to me and silly on their part as well since days 3 to 8 were spent in port so who would spend so much on wifi.

Previously, the packages have been priced in minutes.

Anyone else think this needs RC to revise their policy?

I'm just back from a 9 night night on Rhapsody. It was a fantastic cruise but I have one major niggle with their wi fi pricing.

If you wanted Wi-fi every day then it would have been $20 for each day of the cruise. If you wanted one days access then it was $40.

This seems outrageous pricing to me and silly on their part as well since days 3 to 8 were spent in port so who would spend so much on wifi.

The old pricing model was ~$30 for 60 minutes of "use any time" minutes, and cost a small fortune/minute if you went over, so for us at least the unlimited two-device plan at $30/day is a bargain by comparison.

The old pricing model was ~$30 for 60 minutes of "use any time" minutes, and cost a small fortune/minute if you went over, so for us at least the unlimited two-device plan at $30/day is a bargain by comparison.

I agree. Considering how slow the internet is on most of the ships, I would sometimes use 10 minutes just to log in and check email. I'd rather have the unlimited.

We were on Rhapsody Sep. 15 sailing. The $20 per day was a special rate they were running that was 50% off. It was a pretty good deal. We are D+ and I signed up for 8 days and got $80 off for my D+ benefit so I got 8 days for $80. No complaints here.