What would you do

chet the jet

I have a room booked for Escape on deck 14 balcony. For $500 more I can get an aft balcony also on deck 14. I will be able to keep my UDP if I move. I have been on lots of aft balcony's so I know what they are. Some I have used much more and some just a little time in the room.

One thing to consider...

The design of the Breakaway+ ships is that if your cabin is forward or aft, you are actually closer to the elevators. There are no midship elevators.

This being said, if you have an aft cabin you may find yourself doing a lot of back and forth walking on decks 6, 7 and 8 to get to where you would like to be.

Other than that, I think an aft cabin is usually pretty great as far as view goes.

I would take an AFT Balcony any day over a regular Balcony. In fact we were upgraded to aft balcony once on the Gem not thinking we were going to love it. It was quiet, no winds when you open the door, the balcony felt larger and the room felt larger as a whole so we did end up loving it. A week before our travel agent calls us to upgrade us to a mini suite and we said no just because we love the AFT section so much. We have only been in aft staterooms twice and have not had luck purchasing one ever since, they are that popular. I have yet to cruise on the bigger ships so don't know how they would be but hopefully whatever you choose you will love it...Good luck

Our friends just had an aft on 14 on the Breakaway and as long as they had their slider shut they heard no noise from above.

14 does have the smaller after balconies. We had one on 9 and it was very large. :)

I do not think I would spend 500 more for the aft view with that small balcony.

Edited by janetz

what is so great about aft balcony

The rooms have less foot traffic in the halls (so more quiet), the view of the wake of the ship is soothing, depending on the floor, the balconies can be much larger than side balconies. Oh! On Jewel class ships you get the scents of baking bread and baking cookies. :D:D