Amber Cove Cabanas now available for rent on website

imluvncruzn

Been waiting for this. Thanks!

I just don't like the price. $350 can go a long way with drinks and other fun activities such as riding an ATV or a Jet Ski with several people. I can relax in my cabin if I wanted to sit down with AC and a TV. Just my opinion.

EXCURSION DETAILS (from Carnival site)

"Get away from the crowds, relax and enjoy the unspoiled beauty of Maimon Bay’s western shore and the distant mountains beyond from the comfort of your own private Tahitian-style overwater cabana.

Your cabana will be outfitted with air conditioning, wifi, cable tv, table and chairs inside, as well as deck chairs, outdoor shower and private dock.

A dedicated server will always be close at hand to take food and drink orders. **Price listed is per cabana, (not per person) and good for up to 4 persons, therefore only one person needs to book. For groups with more than 4 guests, an 'extra person surcharge' for the Cabana rental must be purchased for guests 5 & 6 (a maximum of 6 guests per cabana).

Housekeeping will begin cleaning 1 hour before departure. *Please note, this excursion’s duration is “At Your Leisure” which means it’s yours until one hour prior to your ship’s departure (not necessarily 6 hours as listed above)."

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser

Does anybody know if you can swim from the over water cabanas?

Wondering this myself, but I think probably not. In pictures I don't see any ladders or access to the water directly from the cabanas. We really want one but I was hoping there would be more info and reviews on them before they opened for our August 6th cruise. We ended up grabbing one water and one hillside and will cancel one when we know more. Water looks beautiful, but if you look at aerial pictures of Amber Cove, they look very isolated. Not sure I see the benefit if we're not able to access the water from them.

Does anyone know why they are so expensive in comparison to other cabanas they rent? Is there something extra?

Get away from the crowds, relax and enjoy the unspoiled beauty of Maimon Bay’s western shore and the distant mountains beyond from the comfort of your own private Tahitian-style overwater cabana.

Your cabana will be outfitted with air conditioning, wifi, cable tv, table and chairs inside, as well as deck chairs, outdoor shower and private dock.

A dedicated server will always be close at hand to take food and drink orders. **Price listed is per cabana, (not per person) and good for up to 4 persons, therefore only one person needs to book. For groups with more than 4 guests, an 'extra person surcharge' for the Cabana rental must be purchased for guests 5 & 6 (a maximum of 6 guests per cabana).

Housekeeping will begin cleaning 1 hour before departure. *Please note, this excursion’s duration is “At Your Leisure” which means it’s yours until one hour prior to your ship’s departure (not necessarily 6 hours as listed above).

Edited by KenMo

I see people renting them. It's no more expensive than a resort hotel for a night. In this case it's for a day, but people won't care. They'll sell out easily.

Not even a full day, only 6 hours minus 1 hour for cleaning :eek: I agree people will buy them regardless of price, especially after a few drinks on the ship and a trip to the excursion desk lol

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser

...your own private Tahitian-style overwater cabana...

Seems like the pricing is also Tahitian-style. Yes, $350 may seem steep for a few hours, but it's at par with this type of accommodation. I have friends who just returned from a trip to Tahiti where they stayed in an overwater bungalow at $1,000 a night, and that was with ZERO extra amenities! Beers were $12 apiece. [emoji85]

Edited by Tapi

ImageUploadedByForums1444996604.623976.jpg.2530628c885ca7b5497ddd2030c425e3.jpg

From another thread. Says food will be included. Waiting to hear details from people who have actually booked them. So far only one ship has docked at Amber Cove and the cabanas weren't ready yet.

Not even a full day, only 6 hours minus 1 hour for cleaning :eek: I agree people will buy them regardless of price, especially after a few drinks on the ship and a trip to the excursion desk lol

Keep reading:

*Please note, this excursion’s duration is “At Your Leisure” which means it’s yours until one hour prior to your ship’s departure (not necessarily 6 hours as listed above).

All yours, from ship's arrival to departure, and since you have to be back onboard 1 hour prior to ship's departure, the cleaning won't affect you anyway.

:)

Amber Cove Pool Cabana was just added to Carnival's excursion list. Slightly cheaper at $300

EXCURSION DETAILS

Be right in the middle of the action at Amber Cove’s 300,000 gallon pool and Coco Caña Pool Bar yet above it all at the same time from the comfort of your own VIP poolside cabana.

These cabanas offer an awesome view of the pool and rockin’ pool bar. Your cabana will be outfitted with a mini refrigerator, air conditioning, wifi, cable tv, table and chairs inside, as well as deck chairs and outdoor shower. A dedicated server will always be close at hand to take food and drink orders. , and will be taken on a first come, first served basis.

**Price listed is per cabana, (not per person) and good for up to 4 persons, therefore only one person needs to book. For groups with more than 4 guests, an 'extra person surcharge' for the Cabana rental must be purchased for guests 5 & 6 (a maximum of 6 guests per cabana). Housekeeping will begin cleaning 1 hour before departure.

*Please note, this excursion’s duration is “At Your Leisure” which means it’s yours until one hour prior to your ship’s departure (not necessarily 6 hours as listed above).

So that's 12 cabanas ranging from $300-$350.

We've already reserved ours. Can always cancel but I doubt it. We like the idea of having one. Time frame is fine. I would be heading back at least an hour before the ship leaves anyway. And I was told that they will include the same food and drink items as the cabanas on HMC.

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone on here actually rented one of the cabanas? I've read the posts and have also read the description on the Carnival website but was hoping for some information from someone who has rented.

I would like to know also....pictures, experience etc. I will be there in a few weeks and can't decide what to do :confused: Our cruise switched HMC for Amber Cove :( Had a cabana booked for HMC

Edited by reno3