Ji-Ji restaurant on Sunshine

JJC

Is it strictly an up-charge dinner restaurant, or do they offer a free smaller menu for lunch. I know on the Dream a few years ago, you could eat at Cucina del Capitano for lunch for free...

It is the mongolian wok for lunch. And yes it is free.

Edited by 420cruisin

Just off the Sunshine and went twice. The first time I was with a group of eight and the second time we organized a group of 16 to go. If you take a larger group they will bring a wide variety of appetizers, main courses, and desserts. When we went with 8 people they brought 4 of each. When we went with 16 we got to try every single item on the menu. It was all served family style, and there was literally no room left on the table. We had a great time and the staff treated us like gold.

And yes, during lunch, they have the free stir-fry.

So you don't actually order anything?

They just bring what they want?

No they have a menu you choose from. With our group of 4, we got to pick 3 apps and 3 entrees and they brought out enough of each of those items for 4 people.

• 5 months later...
Does Carnival Sunshine offer a three or four upcharge restaurant package at a reduced price?

No. JiJi's and Cucinia are only like $15 pp. The sushi if memory serves is a pay for each item thing. And the steakhouse is $30 or $35 pp - don't remember off the top of my head. They are all worth it...well I haven'

t done Cucinia but read nothing but good things.

• 2 months later...

Wow... I was just looking at the Sunshine for a cruise next year and saw the Ji-Ji restaurant and wondered why I hadn't read anything good or bad about it here on CC. Hmmm, Sunshine is looking better and better.

We were on the Magic for our first cruise 2 years ago and saw the Cuchina and just never got around to going to it. It was our first cruise, afterall. Now I regret it. Me and DH both love Italian, so it needs to be on our list of wants for next year.

Jiji's is awesome! We went on our Sunshine cruise last month and enjoyed it so much that when we decided to book Sunshine again for November and bring my parents, one of our first thoughts was to make sure we book Jiji's so my folks can experience it. Wonderful, flavorful dishes creatively prepared. I enjoyed everything, but the big surprise to me were the green beans served with crumbled pork. Did not sound particularly exciting, but man they were terrific! The $15.00 charge is an absolute steal!

We received a coupon in our cabin for a free meal. Liked it so much we went back again! The duck and pork belly were our favorite appetizers. Pepper beef (I think that's what it was called) was our favorite entree. Sides- go with the noodles! We tried two and both were awesome- better than the rice. Rose brûlée was the best dessert. My husband really isnt a custard guy and even he ordered it on 2nd visit.

Edited by Runaway Parent