Wait time after red eye flight.

ojaidenny

I usually fly in the day before my cruise but this year I am going in on a red eye from the west coast to Ft. Louderdale. What do those of you doing this do to kill the time from, say 6am to boarding around 11am?

We catch breakfast somewhere then head to the pier about 9:30 and people watch. :D

If it were me, after a sleepless redeye, I'd have that nice breakfast with lots of coffee. Then I'd go sit on a bench and the cruise terminal with a sign hung around my neck. That sign would say, "Wake me up when boarding starts."

If it were me, after a sleepless redeye, I'd have that nice breakfast with lots of coffee. Then I'd go sit on a bench and the cruise terminal with a sign hung around my neck. That sign would say, "Wake me up when boarding starts."

Or will dance for gratuities.

I agree with what's already been said.

I also take a red eye flight from the Left Coast to FLL. Guess I'm fortunate that my flight arrives about 10:00 so I gather my luggage grab a place in line for a cab to the pier. I'm onboard by about noon.

Yes, that would be me too. I don't do redeye flights well and unless there is an emergency. I just took my last one. :):eek::)

We know people who have done this exact thing. They hooked up with another couple on their roll call who had a room for the night. The left coasters took their bags over to the other couple's room and dropped them. Had bkfst, went shopping etc then went back and all of them went to the port around 11:30 ish.

Much more relaxing than just hanging out - check out your roll call and make friends!! :D

Flights East to West are not always very convenient. We were forced with the same decision for our cruise from FLL in Feb. There is at least one hotel which rents "day rooms", not sure of hours and the hotel may be a little sketch.

We ended up deciding to fly from Seattle to Austin, then Austin to FLL on two different days, arriving the afternoon prior to our cruise. (we had airline points so three of the four legs were free, or $5.10).

You will be arriving about 3 am pacific time so I would grab some food, limited coffee, board as soon as you could and take a nap till muster.

We've learned our lesson! Flying out the day before takes all the stress out of the sailing day. Instead of getting up at 3:00am and rushing around all day, we book a midday flight the day before and stay the night in Ft. Lauderdale. We have a nice room service breakfast and relaxed ride of the pier at about 11:00am. It adds a day to the vacation for the price of a hotel room for the night! We like the Ritz but there are much cheaper alternatives.

Thanks for starting my day off with a good laugh! i guess i can't complain about my 2 1/2 hour drive to Port Everglades huh?

Thanks for starting my day off with a good laugh! i guess i can't complain about my 2 1/2 hour drive to Port Everglades huh?

Oh now that was just mean! I am wearing a little green suit of envy. Even Cape Liberty, the closest RCL port, is a 61/2 hour drive.

Flights East to West are not always very convenient. We were forced with the same decision for our cruise from FLL in Feb. There is at least one hotel which rents "day rooms", not sure of hours and the hotel may be a little sketch.

We ended up deciding to fly from Seattle to Austin, then Austin to FLL on two different days, arriving the afternoon prior to our cruise. (we had airline points so three of the four legs were free, or $5.10).

You will be arriving about 3 am pacific time so I would grab some food, limited coffee, board as soon as you could and take a nap till muster.

That is why I will stay overnight in FLL then catch the 6 a.m. flight back to the Left Coast. After my first Caribbean cruise I took a flight back the same day and it got me home early evening. I'd rather get up at 4 in the morning, for the 6 flight which gets me home about mid-day; plenty of time to catch up on things and run errands before crashing.

Edited by Treven