MITSUGIRLY BREAKAWAY's 1 last time for the year-review/pictorial

mitsugirly

Wow! You're not even off the airport tram and already the adventures begin! Great job seeing and grabbing your DH's luggage! I'll bet that guy who grabbed it was shocked when you yanked it out of his hands! :eek: I think your DH owes you big time for that one! :D

Haven't you noticed that adventures follow me everywhere I go? I think it's just me I swear. Someone likes to see just how far my buttons can be pushed and what my reaction will be each time. :p

Actually the funny thing is, he did not have ANY reaction. None at all. He didn't even look back or anything. He just kept walking. It was weird.

DH does owe me big time. I think another cruise will do. LOL

How awesome is it that I couldn't sleep so I hopped on here and found this?? Yay!!

And what in the world...this guy was actually trying to take your luggage?? Crazy! What did he do when you grabbed it back? Thank goodness you noticed it!

I knew you couldn't sleep and thought "hey, why not start my review tonight to give mickev something to do"...or either bore you to death and make you tired and sleepy. :D

He did NOTHING. He kept walking and never looked back once.

I didn't know you were going on another cruise. So glad i saw this. I love your pictures and reviews!!!

That's just horrible about the guy trying to steal your husbands suitcase. So glad you were able to grab it back from him. What a horrible start to a vacation that would have been.

Yep, last cruise of the year for me. Thanks for the comments.

I don't look at it as a horrible start to the vacation...that would have been if they actually got away with the luggage. :p It was just an adventurous start. :D

YAY, I've been looking forward to this review, esp since we were on this sailing too!!! I'm eager to read your POV on all of the adventures that occurred[emoji6]

Once again, I'm sorry that I didn't get the chance to meet you, I enjoyed chatting with you on the roll call/"other" page. If we are on the same sailing again I will definitely not shy away from approaching you lol!!

Stacey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Stacey. Sorry we didn't meet. Maybe "next" time. :D I'm a very approachable person and love to talk...especially cruise talk. :p

I'm so excited to be reading another one of your awesome cruise reviews!!:)

Thanks so much and glad you're here. :)

WooHoooooooooooo!!!!! You're back!!!!:D:D

I have been checking daily to see if you started.

Cannot wait to read this one.....

Already starting out with the adventures and you haven't even left the airport.

lol

This is gonna be good.......

Patiently waiting for more.........:o

Aww, thank you. Glad you found it.

I'm improving on the adventures. At least I made it out of my home airport without missing my plane. I have upgraded to at least making it to my destination airport now. :D

I've been waiting for your review - this is first time you're reviewing a ship I'm well experienced with (3x on BA) so can't wait to hear what you think. Looking forward to it.

Oh my. I feel like I must live up to your expectation of the BA now. :p Just kidding. I was already on the Getaway last year, so kinda knew what to expect in advance. hehe :)

"Someone just tried to get off with our luggage? What type of place is this? Who are these people? What did I get myself in to?"

Oh I see you have received your official Welcome to New York City

Can't wait to read more

Yes, I most certainly did. From that point on, I didn't let things out of my site...or grasp. :D

Your review is off to a great start. Your adventures begin with a bang- well an almost theft. A little cliche for New York.

Glad I know this little detail about NY now. :o

Can't wait for more, sailing on her next month! Thanks for taking the time to write.

You are very welcome. Thanks for joining me.

I am happy you are busy posting this latest review! Thank you for the time and effort it takes.

Thank you for acknowledging the time and effort it takes for the review. I hope you enjoy it.

Interesting review so far. Looking forward to reading more. I will be on the Breakaway next September. My first time on NCL.

Thanks for your comments and I hope you have a wonderful time on the BA next year. She's a beautiful ship.

I am so happy to find another of your wonderful reviews! I love them! Love to see your sweet Sakari and your family's adventures.

I am finally going to get to do cruise on NCL next year, if all goes well here at home with my parents' health. I was booked briefly on the Getaway for next year, then thought that since I am cruising this year (next week on CCL Victory:D), that it was too much expense, so I cancelled Getaway for next year. I kept feeling so bad about it, that I ended up booking again for next year, but this time on Escape:), and NCL, bless them give me a break on the Canadian dollar exchange rate, which Carnival does not....anyway...now I am soaking up all the reviews on the "away" ships. Yours promises to be very entertaining and fun. Thanks for posting it.:)

Edited by SMSACE6

I, like many of your CC fans have been waiting for your latest adventure Kim! Thanks so much for what I know will be another great trip report!

Aww, thanks so much. Glad you are here. :)

Happy Birthday to me!!! I love your reviews! We are going to a couple places you've reviewed in your previous travels when we go to the western Caribbean in December. Excited to read more from you!

full_6617_51458_TropicalCruiseBirthdayCake_1.jpg

I hope you have a wonderful birthday and thanks for joining me.

Have a great time in December on the Dawn. I hope where ever you are going that we went to, that it lives up to its expectations. :o

I am so happy to find another of your wonderful reviews! I love them! Love to see your sweet Sakari and your family's adventures.

I am finally going to get to do cruise on NCL next year, if all goes well here at home with my parents' health. I was booked briefly on the Getaway for next year, then thought that since I am cruising this year (next week on CCL Victory:D), that it was too much expense, so I cancelled Getaway for next year. I kept feeling so bad about it, that I ended up booking again for next year, but this time on Escape:), and NCL, bless them give me a break on the Canadian dollar exchange rate, which Carnival does not....anyway...now I am soaking up all the reviews on the "away" ships. Yours promises to be very entertaining and fun. Thanks for posting it.:)

Well look who we have here. :D Glad to have you over here and thanks for finding my review. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and your family with the health issues and that you'll make it on your Escape cruise. You may make it on the Escape before me. :p Either way, welcome to my review.

Yep, last cruise of the year for me. Thanks for the comments.

I don't look at it as a horrible start to the vacation...that would have been if they actually got away with the luggage. :p It was just an adventurous start. :D

Thanks Stacey. Sorry we didn't meet. Maybe "next" time. :D I'm a very approachable person and love to talk...especially cruise talk. :p

Thats what I said..or meant. What a horrible start to the vacation that would have been.

Good job on your quick thinking and quick action snatching your husband's luggage from the grasp of that thief. He had no reaction, because he knew he was caught and just wanted to make a quick getaway. Awful how some people are always looking for an opportunity to take what's not theirs.

Looking forward to more of your always wonderful review.

Our choice of hotel was the Embassy Suites located at 95 Glimcher Realty Way in Newark NJ. After checking prices everywhere, since there were so many of us going, we needed to find something cost effective for 10 people.

12107986_1214960938529669_8187241206581518053_n%20copy-L.jpg

After locating the Embassy Suites and finding out they could accommodate 6 per room, we knew this was a good deal. We split into 2 rooms with 5 people each. I was quick on my toes and snatched up the "paying" couple and gave Kendra the "non-paying" party. (Long story with my oldest son).

For $204 per room, that meant each family only had to pay $102. BINGO! We found a winner. Now we normally try to stay in places like Drury since they have the larger rooms with the small wall splitting the bed and the "living room", which has a sofa that goes into bed. We scored even bigger with this place that actually had a separate BEDROOM, with a door, than the living room. It was perfect for 2 families.

12115883_1214960968529666_5156500293454416883_n%20copy-L.jpg

It was a free shuttle ride to the hotel and pretty quick pick up service I might say.

We arrived and quickly checked in and was given our room keys. We informed the front desk that we were the first to arrive and that the rest of our family would be arriving shortly. (Yes, we flew there and yes, all the kids drove...AND ARRIVED 1/2 HOUR AFTER WE DID!!!) LOL

My first impressions of the hotel is "Wow, this is super nice!" Let me show you around. (I swear no matter where I go, people always stare at me and act like I must be crazy because I'm walking around taking tons of pictures of everything...I'm sure they wonder why I have to have all these pictures.)

PA030065%20copy-L.jpg

PA030066%20copy-L.jpg

PA030043%20copy-L.jpg

PA030045%20copy-L.jpg

The pool was small, but I guess it would get the job done if you wanted to swim. We decided there just wasn't enough time when we had arrived so late...food was the only thing on our mind.

PA030071%20copy-L.jpg

The kids came in, checked in, then up to the rooms they went. Our room was on the 2nd floor, but for some reason, they put the other kids room up on the 6th floor.

Now to show you around our fabulous room.

As you entered the room, you walked into the small "kitchen" area with the microwave, refrigerator, sink and desk for your computer.

PA030034%20copy-L.jpg

PA030040%20copy-L.jpg

PA030035%20copy-L.jpg

To the side of that was a small closet equipped with an ironing board and iron.

PA030036%20copy-L.jpg

Straight ahead was the "living room/extra bedroom".

PA030038%20copy-L.jpg

PA030039%20copy-L.jpg

Off to the living room was a door leading into the bedroom, which had 2 beds.

PA030027%20copy-L.jpg

PA030028%20copy-L.jpg

PA030033%20copy-L.jpg

From the bedroom, there was a door leading into the bathroom:

PA030029%20copy-L.jpg

PA030032%20copy-L.jpg

There's also a door leading into the bathroom from the main area as well:

PA030037%20copy-L.jpg