Can't book iFLY 1 minute flight online?

I'm on Anthem in January and when I go to the Cruise Planner. it allows me to put the "RIPCORD BY IFLY 1 MINUTE COMPLIMENTARY FLIGHT" in my cart, but when I search for available times, none are available. I know it's not a matter of having sold out, because it only became available a couple of weeks ago and there haven't been any times available since the start. Someone on my roll call called RCI and was told it was not available for pre-booking and we'd need to do it on the ship. I don't understand why they'd have it show up online if they didn't want you to be able to pick a time and make the reservation.

I was able to make show reservations (which opened up at the same time), and the other non-free activities (the FlowRider lesson and the All Access Tour) have available dates/times. Has anyone else had this problem on their cruise and should I keep looking and hope that RCI will actually fix this before my cruise?

I'm on Anthem in January and when I go to the Cruise Planner. it allows me to put the "RIPCORD BY IFLY 1 MINUTE COMPLIMENTARY FLIGHT" in my cart, but when I search for available times, none are available. I know it's not a matter of having sold out, because it only became available a couple of weeks ago and there haven't been any times available since the start. Someone on my roll call called RCI and was told it was not available for pre-booking and we'd need to do it on the ship. I don't understand why they'd have it show up online if they didn't want you to be able to pick a time and make the reservation.

I was able to make show reservations (which opened up at the same time), and the other non-free activities (the FlowRider lesson and the All Access Tour) have available dates/times. Has anyone else had this problem on their cruise and should I keep looking and hope that RCI will actually fix this before my cruise?

You have to book the iFly flights onboard, at the iFly welcome desk. it's really not like attending a show or other tour. They really ought to not have listed it on the website (other than perhaps to remind people that it IS an available activity). You can't reserve (for example) bumper cars online, either.

Dynamic Dining was doomed, I think, by the stupid idea to urge people to reserve all their meals ahead of time online. It would have been different to allow them to book ahead online SPECIAL events (birthday, anniversary, etc) but they created a monster (that didn't have to exist) by the "reserve everything ahead" idiocy.

Just go to the iFly welcome desk and reserve your slot when you're aboard.

When the online bookings opened for our cruise, for some reason they only had slots for day 1 initially. Maybe that's what happened for you and they've already been booked up? A few weeks later, timeslots for the other days appeared and we were able to book, so just keep checking.

You have to book the iFly flights onboard, at the iFly welcome desk. it's really not like attending a show or other tour.

Sorry, that's not correct as to Anthem. The ability to book a single one-minute session for Ripcord by iFly will turn up at some point in your Cruise Planner. (It did for our TA, and from the numerous posts I have read on here, it has on other Anthem sailings as well.)

OP: just keep checking. When RCI started loading things into our Cruise Planner, they would initially show up as though you could book them, but for about a week or so, you could not. They were not fully loaded at the outset. It was a huge, stupid tease that caused people to make needless phone calls to RCI, only to be told the stuff wasn't fully loaded.

Keep checking, and have a great cruise!

Dynamic Dining was doomed, I think, by the stupid idea to urge people to reserve all their meals ahead of time online. It would have been different to allow them to book ahead online SPECIAL events (birthday, anniversary, etc) but they created a monster (that didn't have to exist) by the "reserve everything ahead" idiocy.

I have no problem with pre-reserving dining, if the reservations are honored when you get there. I don't think it's any different than reserving specialty dining in advance. If you have to reserve shows in advance, it's important to know that your dinner is not going to conflict with the show. If they're seating walk-ups and reservations the same way (which i read in another thread), then I have a problem with making us make reservations.

I was on an NCL Hawaii cruise once several years ago and you could only make dinner reservations a day in advance and they had an absolutely horrible way of doing it (you had to be there in person at some ridiculous hour in the morning, or at 5:30pm as I recall). I'm pretty sure that NCL lets you pre-book all dining now.

Before our Anthem cruise a couple of weeks back, only 1 day was showing as bookable for I-Fly on the planner for a month or so then suddenly the rest of the days appeared and we booked. I would recommend booking it early in your cruise so you have time to do it again if you wish. We did it 5 times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You have to book the iFly flights onboard, at the iFly welcome desk. it's really not like attending a show or other tour.

This is not the case. We booked our 1 minute flight on line months ago. The ability to pick it and "check out" to add it to activities will work eventually. Keep trying. That's annoying but that's how it works.

Edited by Sascol

It's exactly like booking a show or tour. You book in advance on the cruise planner however all dates might not be loaded at the same time. You can attend the I-Fly desk but might not get your ideal choice or might not get any slots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk