Internet and drink package pricing - cheaper on board?

mkkao924

We are thinking about purchasing internet package and drink package for our upcoming cruise, but I don't know what's the best time to buy.

Does RCCL offer special pricing for internet and/or drink once you are onboard?

For drink package, we will probably purchase it as soon as we get on board to enjoy right away. Since we have OBC, so I don't really want to purchase in advance on RCCL website (have to pay out of pocket)

For internet package, I can wait a few days if the pricing is better toward to the end of the cruise.

Pricing for drink packages and internet is the same pre-cruise or on board.

However, if you have a C&A discount for the internet, this can only be applied on board.

Also, if you want to buy either a drink package or internet for a partial cruise, then this must also be done on board.

there are no discounts for pre buying or buying on board for full packages.

drink packages you will still pay the same rate per day, but must have at least 4 days left on the cruise and they are consecutive( you cannot buy a 4 day package and only use it on days 2, 3, 5 and 6 for instance)

no discounts on inter web at all outside of the loyalty discount for certain Tier members.

Royal does not have a time limit or drink limit on the package although they certainly still retain teh right to cut you off at any point or to cancel your package entirely(* this happens when you get caught sharing the package or you are a public drunken nuisance who causes problems)

sometimes they will run a special, buy a 5 day package and get the 6th day free type thing but that is only on board.

honestly wait until you board for either.. especially if you want to use On board Credit

Never bought a drink package before. What is a C&A internet discount and how do they work, can you buy a drink whenever you would like or are you allowed so many per hour. Thanks for any help on purchasing drink packages!

The unlimited beverage packages allow as many drinks as you like, but only one at a time.

The C&A internet discount is for previous Royal cruisers who are members of the loyalty organization called Crown & Anchor.

Like above posters stated no discount, however:

When you buy before you sail, it is paid for and not on your sea pass and a new balance..................

If it is the soda package and you buy ahead you get an embossed black coca cola icon on your sea pass.............

RCI I wish you would do this with the drink package, those flimsy stickers gotta go!!!!!!!

Enjoy

Thank you so much spookwife, appreciate your info and Clarea, I have an Emerald membership, but never bought alcohol package before, what is the C&A discount on the internet. Can you explain it to me please. Thank you!

My list of the internet coupons is not up to date, so I'm not sure the figure is accurate. However, you will have some dollar amount (used to be $10) discount off of an internet package. This discount can only be applied to an internet package purchased on board.

Thank you. Is there a website I can go to.

When you get on board, you connect to the wireless with any of your devices and you will be directed to a web page that will ask for some identifying info. Once you enter that info, it will show you all the plans and your discount.

Royal does not have a time limit or drink limit on the package although they certainly still retain teh right to cut you off at any point or to cancel your package entirely(* this happens when you get caught sharing the package or you are a public drunken nuisance who causes problems)

If one person wants to buy the drink package, don't all adults in a stateroom have to purchase the drink package? My wife loves cocktails, I'm more of a beer guy. Drink package makes a LOT more sense for her given drink prices than it does for me, so we'll probably just pay as we go.

If one person wants to buy the drink package, don't all adults in a stateroom have to purchase the drink package? My wife loves cocktails, I'm more of a beer guy. Drink package makes a LOT more sense for her given drink prices than it does for me, so we'll probably just pay as we go.

Not anymore. Any combination of packages (or even no package at all) is permitted.

Not to contradict everyone here but we cruised on the Voyager in April this year. We purchased the Ultimate Drink package through the cruise Planner for $43 AUD, I advise you check every day as the same deal went up a day later to $52 AUD.

I was shocked when we got on board to find the same package at $65USD we had ourselves a bargain. The four couples we were travelling had all done the same curious if anyone else has been able to purchase at the cheaper price.

The Internet discount was 10% off for Gold status. I don't know if the discount is more for other levels. I paid $126 for one device for the week, rather than $140 for one device. I bought it on board on the FOS two weeks ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk