Onboard credit

Coyote10

Hi everyone,

this is my first post and apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

I have booked a cruise with my family leaving from Sydney on the 30th of March.

We are sailing on Royal Carribbeans Explorer of the seas and I have a few questions please for anyone who may know.

We booked during a sale with $400 credit per stateroom. I have booked 3 staterooms for my family. How does the onboard credit work? Do they load it onto your room key at the beginning of the cruise? And is it divided up evenly among the passengers cards or does one nominated adult recieve the credit? Can you nominate? Because there are 8 of us and some are teenagers/children.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

I don't know about RCI but if they do it the way NCL does, the per stateroom credit will be divided evenly among the people booked in that stateroom. It will be put on the Onboard Account for each person.

You might want to ask your question on the Royal Caribbean board where you will get a more knowledgeable answer.

Edited by NMLady

When we cruise on Royal Caribbean, the OBC is assigned to whomever gives the credit card to cover shipboard expenses. For example, if it's a husband and wife, and you use one credit card, the credit is just applied to the couple as a whole. It's never been divided among everyone in the cabin, it's just applied to the cabin as a whole.

When we cruise on Royal Caribbean, the OBC is assigned to whomever gives the credit card to cover shipboard expenses. For example, if it's a husband and wife, and you use one credit card, the credit is just applied to the couple as a whole. It's never been divided among everyone in the cabin, it's just applied to the cabin as a whole.

^^^^^

That's always been my experience too.

Fantastic. Thanks for responding.

If it is all linked to the credit card then all is good.

I will double check on the Royal Carribbean board but I think that sounds

right, that it will be linked to the credit card.

:)

Probably silly but I was thinking they might apply credit to my three year olds card

Just a suggestion - early in your cruise stop by the Purser's desk or visit the kiosk or whatever you do on your ship to check your account and verify that the expected amount of OBC has been applied. Last Christmas, when I checked most of my $1100 OBC had gone missing. Between the ship checking with the shore side booking department and my travel agent checking with the line from his end we got it fixed but weekends and holidays added to the delay.

Good responses so far...another point, unless you're already seeing the OBC on your booking online, make sure to take something in writing (email, etc.) stating that you are entitled to the OBC. Depending on whether the credit is coming from the cruise line or your TA, you may or may not see it on your account online before departure. If it's from a TA, it probably won't show up until a day or two into your cruise. Occasionally, they do go missing and you'll need to take your paperwork to the service desk to sort it all out.