On line check in and self disembarkation questions!

Texascruiser2008

Hoping someone can offer some advise or suggestions on my scenario.

Background.....I am a Canadian with a valid green card who lives in the U.S. with my American husband.

1) While doing the online check in yesterday I entered Canadian for my Citizenship and then later on it asked me how long was I staying in the U.S. post cruise...well I live here so no option for this answer. I called customer service and they say its their system that does not have a prompt for green card holders so I either have to say I am an American Citizen or put down that I do not plan to stay in the U.S. after my cruise. Either option makes me uncomfortable as they are both lying and this is the section called immigration docs so I don't want to get in trouble. I emailed CS to get them to say this to me in writing but no one has responded as of yet. Surely I am not the only green card holder to cruise. Anyone?

Our last two cruises we used a TA and she retired so I have no idea how she got around this issue.

2) Last cruise we wanted to do the self disembarkation but I was told it is for U.S. citizens only? again CS said this is not true. Not sure why only U.S. citizens as everyone needs to show passports etc.

Anyone with any experience with these issues I would love to hear your take.

Can't wait to be back on the Reflection again in December !

I'd phone back and speak to a supervisor regarding your first question. As you say, this isn't a unique situation and I suspect the person you were speaking to simply didn't know the answer.

As for the second question, there's no prohibition on Canadians or any other nationalities self-disembarking. Again, whoever told you this the first time around simply didn't know.

You can get by without doing an Xpress pass. We had trouble once because our Amex card has a US address (our PO Box) and we live in Canada. The system couldn't deal with that and neither could a supervisor. We had no difficulty at all boarding without the Xpress pass.

As for only US people being allowed to self embark....balderdash, whoever told you that. We do it all the time.

If your a per alien you can hold a U.S. Passport too

A green card holder has many benefits in the US, but three noticeable exception are the right to run for all public offices, the right to vote and the right to have a US passport.

I agree, you do not need the Express Pass. However, just put any date you want for how long you will be staying in the US. This doesn't go to Homeland Security or anything...its just the way their form is set up. For example, I am sailing on two consecutive cruises on Reflection. Celebrity has only recently changed their form to allow me to check Consecutive Cruiser on both forms. Previously I had to check that I was departing the ship on X day when in fact I was not departing at all. It meant nothing....

And anyone can do self-debark, no worries.

It is my understanding from these boards, that you can disembark to tour, but that you will go through security with all the newcomers to the 2nd cruise upon your return to the ship. Although we have done b2b, we have never left the ship to tour.

Perhaps someone with experience will comment on the veracity of my understanding.

Bill

It is my understanding from these boards, that you can disembark to tour, but that you will go through security with all the newcomers to the 2nd cruise upon your return to the ship. Although we have done b2b, we have never left the ship to tour.

Perhaps someone with experience will comment on the veracity of my understanding.l

Whenever we have done a b2b, we each received a transit pass that allowed us to come and go freely on the turnaround day .

True, we do need to go through security again each time we return to re-board the ship, but we bypass the check-in lines for the new passengers who are boarding for the first time.

In any case, if we go out touring or shopping that day, the security lines are usually short or non-existent by the time we return to the ship later in the afternoon, after the mad rush is over.

So the re-boarding process is quick and easy.

We just place our packages on the conveyor for the x-ray machine, walk right through the metal detector, pick up our belongings and get back on the ship.

Even if we do not plan to tour that day, it can sometimes be worth getting off the ship for a while just to browse through the shops, take a look around the port area, and pick up brochures or coupon books.

Whenever we have done a b2b, we each received a transit pass that allowed us to come and go freely on the turnaround day .

True, we do need to go through security again each time we return to re-board the ship, but we bypass the check-in lines for the new passengers who are boarding for the first time.

In any case, if we go out touring or shopping that day, the security lines are usually short or non-existent by the time we return to the ship later in the afternoon, after the mad rush is over.

So the re-boarding process is quick and easy.

We just place our packages on the conveyor for the x-ray machine, walk right through the metal detector, pick up our belongings and get back on the ship.

Even if we do not plan to tour that day, it can sometimes be worth getting off the ship for a while just to browse through the shops, take a look around the port area, and pick up brochures or coupon books.

I knew someone with more accurate information would assist the OP!:D