Anthem - Food in The Grande

Ukap

We found the interior of Anthem to be quite warm. We had a ton of long sleeved clothing we never wore. Could have left half our clothes at home! :) (And this was on the TA, where the outdoor temps were quite chilly.)

Interesting. We're on the first Caribbean run next week and we'll see if that changes as the temperatures outside heat up (I hope it does!).

I've read this whole thread and now I'm not sure. We're booked in the Grande for two nights during our cruise next week and we took the description of the dress code as "formal" quite literally. BF has rented a tux and I am going to take two pretty dressy dresses. Are we going to look like morons if everyone else is fairly casual? I guess no one can know how the next sailing will dress for that dining room. I was really hoping it would actually be formal since I do love to dress up and play grown up on a cruise.

I've read this whole thread and now I'm not sure. We're booked in the Grande for two nights during our cruise next week and we took the description of the dress code as "formal" quite literally. BF has rented a tux and I am going to take two pretty dressy dresses. Are we going to look like morons if everyone else is fairly casual? I guess no one can know how the next sailing will dress for that dining room. I was really hoping it would actually be formal since I do love to dress up and play grown up on a cruise.

We will be there next week too and will be dressed formally. Not a tux but I will have a suit and tie and my wife will have on a different formal gown for each of the two nights. To us, formal means formal and we enjoy it.

No, you won't look like morons, there will be others who will be dressed formally or at least quite dressed up. The point I made above, though, is that the dress code requirement is an absolute joke, given the attire that is considered acceptable for this venue.

And I meant what I said about the food and service -- nothing so special about either that formal attire should be required.

The ship itself is awesome, and I hope you have a great cruise!

No, you won't look like morons, there will be others who will be dressed formally or at least quite dressed up. The point I made above, though, is that the dress code requirement is an absolute joke, given the attire that is considered acceptable for this venue.

And I meant what I said about the food and service -- nothing so special about either that formal attire should be required.

The ship itself is awesome, and I hope you have a great cruise!

Thanks turtles, we shall go forth and be formal!

Were just back from 14 nights on Anthem, oh how I miss her she's a wonderful ship.

We ate in Grande three nights it's a lovely restaurant and the food was good but it wasn't any better than the food in the other three restaurants IMHO ..my favourite was chic but its down to personal taste

My better half wore a dark suit and I had a couple of black dresses , some people had tux and evening dresses ,there was a Royal night when the captain was around the ship for photos and the usual glass of champagne a lot of people got dressed for that even though they weren't dining in the Grande.

I think to be really honest you can wear what you feel comfortable in, nobody takes any notice if your in a tux and the person next to you around the ship is in shorts ,it's kind of how it is which was a bit strange.

Any idea which night was the Royal night?

There were two of them on our 8-night TA. By chance, one of them was the night we were booked for Grande, so we were dressed up. The other one we just ignored. :)

I'll be writing more about this in my review, but the servers in Grande (as in several of the other "complimentary" restaurants) were totally harried. My entrée, however (duck à l'Orange), was one of the best dishes I had in any of the included restaurants, although the lobster bisque that I ordered to start was totally inedible.

The first one was on the first sea day but can't remember when the second was that was more low key the first night was the captains speech.

I never had the duck,they changed the menus every four days and as luck would have it we were out of sync so we got the same menu each time. .... Typical. Lol

No you will be fine. The Grande is a lovely restaurant with great food. You will fit in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Won't be sailing on Anthem until June, but on Quantum last April ate in Grande 5 of 12 nights. It was our favorite. Dress ran the gamut from sports jackets to tuxes. Some wore ties, some did not. Lighting was subdued and no one stood out. No men were allowed in without a jacket, period. Loaners were offered to those who arrived without one. Not sure about children. There were very few on our sailing. Wore a suit and tie the first couple of times. Tie disappeared later in cruise. Atmosphere in Grande was similar to MDR on other ships, other venues felt more like fast casual restaurants

Absolutely entertaining read for this post. I was planning to hopefully just pack a black suit for my husband for us to dine in the grand. I can't decide if a really nice black dress will be sufficient for myself or if I should go with a longer more formal gown. There really is some different to a nice cocktail dress and a formal gown. I would actually love to go and buy a gown in possible, but I don't want to be over dressed.

As someone else said about being over dressed, I would fell really uncomfortable if I seem to stand out quite a bit from what others are wearing. I really do worry quite a lot about whether my attire is OK or not.

With the dynamic dining does Royal still do a so called formal night? I would even fell odd being overdressed just walking to the restaurant, but I really like the menu and I know my husband will want to eat their at least once if not twice.

Our daughter loves fancy gowns, and is already planning what to wear to dinner. DW & I don't worry about what others are wearing. We're just trying to keep up with DD:D My tux will be brought out of the closet once again.

That's the way to do it!!! Why would you care about what strangers are wearing? That's the perfect person to care about wearing it for.