current shows Equinox

hcat

As off last week there were two shows with two different female singers, both very nice, two or three production shows, pretty good, a good comedian, Beatles group, pretty good, first nights show we missed, juggler we missed on purpose, also magician was missed on purpose, and the last night the violinist was horrible. We walked out. One night, no show.

On board now. Thursday was embarkation so show was Equinox singers and dancers with Sid Bowfin who reportedly is a comedian and combines with classical recital. Friday was Remix, a tribute to pop, rock and international music. Sat was a Beatles Celebration. Sun was Gareth Oliver, a ventriloquist. Mon was Limelight The Broadway Dream. Tonight is Jon Courtenay, a pianist with a twist.

We have not attended any of them so have no comments.

Hope this helps.

Thanks..for the responses

we've seen Limelight, I think...but never caught the Beatles show...when violin is bad, it is usually very bad and even worse if electrifed.....on Connie they had a great string trio from Russia...they were outstanding! We have no interest in jugglers, magicians or ventriloquists!

we don't cruise on Equinox til Jan so I expect most of it will change as ship returns from Europe. Not sure when the new productions roll out...some of them seem interesting but quite a few were described as having laser type lights and canned music....predictably loud?

Thanks..for the responses

we've seen Limelight, I think...but never caught the Beatles show...when violin is bad, it is usually very bad and even worse if electrifed.....on Connie they had a great string trio from Russia...they were outstanding! We have no interest in jugglers, magicians or ventriloquists!

we don't cruise on Equinox til Jan so I expect most of it will change as ship returns from Europe. Not sure when the new productions roll out...some of them seem interesting but quite a few were described as having laser type lights and canned music....predictably loud?

We'll be there in January, too. I'm with you....no interest in jugglers or magicians...and acrobats. We were on a TA once with very good entertainment. Stayed on b/b for next two cruises and entertainment was changed and not in a good way from our point of view. It was explained that they had to go for entertainment that didn't depend on speaking English. (This was another line.) Perhaps there will be less of the non-verbal entertainment when they move to the Caribbean. Those types of entertainment come cheaper I'm thinking so that may be a reason we find them whatever line we cruise.

Hoping for something fresh but not too loud!

Still can't locate the link I had that gave summaries of all the new shows...but I did come across a link to an audition schedule...so it seems the new shows may not be rolled out as early as i thought...maybe one ship at a time?????

Some of the descriptions I saw would be ship specific...some are actual shows and others are what i call events or happenings....anyhow...looking forward to Equinox in 2016!

Hoping they will not be on our Equinox cruise this December...Saw them last year and really didn't enjoy the show at all.

I think Celebrity cannot compete with NCL when it comes to Beattles show - I wont go see it in a theatre - on Epic - they have The Cavern Club - a replica of the original Liverpool club - dance floor, retro seating etc - its an amazing show.. in a theatre - nah - just no atmosphere..

We are hoping for the loud Miami DJ! Some people posted on FB that its still happening - fingers crossed and hope he plays current music/calvin harris etc.

I think Celebrity cannot compete with NCL when it comes to Beattles show - I wont go see it in a theatre - on Epic - they have The Cavern Club - a replica of the original Liverpool club - dance floor, retro seating etc - its an amazing show.. in a theatre - nah - just no atmosphere..

We are hoping for the loud Miami DJ! Some people posted on FB that its still happening - fingers crossed and hope he plays current music/calvin harris etc.

I read that many cruisers didn't care for Miami DJ...We loved them last year!

Hoping for a good island band for our Carib cruise,,....would also enjoy jazz in the Ensemble Lounge and a Latin band...and new shows if not too loud.

I think Miami DJ was best on Reflection...seemed more of a Miami vibe on that ship....

we prefer live music of most types...esp if it is good...

Hoping for a good island band for our Carib cruise,,....would also enjoy jazz in the Ensemble Lounge and a Latin band...and new shows if not too loud.

I think Miami DJ was best on Reflection...seemed more of a Miami vibe on that ship....

we prefer live music of most types...esp if it is good...

Love live music too!!

• 2 weeks later...

We will be sailing on the Eclipse in January - 14 nights. We look forward to the shows every night. We cruise in the Caribbean every January to get a break from the miserable weather in the northeast. I know that the production shows are very expensive and can play for years. The production shows we dislike the most are the cirque de soleil shows. Does anyone know if there are any new production shows beginning in 2016?

• 2 weeks later...

We got off the Equinox on Monday. They are in the process of changing productions companies and all the shows should be new on the current cruise. We had to have the 3 productions shows in eight days of the 13 day TA cruise, so they could break up the old sets and get the new ones ready for the next cruise.

We got off the Equinox on Monday. They are in the process of changing productions companies and all the shows should be new on the current cruise. We had to have the 3 productions shows in eight days of the 13 day TA cruise, so they could break up the old sets and get the new ones ready for the next cruise.

Thanks Mike! We are on in 7 so they should have things fine tuned a bit by then! :D

I am anxious to hear about the new shows. Come back and let us know. I don't another X cruise until May.:eek:

Will do my best, the wifester is not big anymore on the production shows.

But likes the comedy and some magic acts.

The Ensemble Lounge by the specialty restaurants' is where we find ourselves lately.

EW