Help me decide!

guthss

I have never cruised but have been given the option of 3 cruises to pick from through my employer for my years of service. My husband and I are in our 40's, going with my sister and BIL. We love to eat good food, dance, have a few cocktails, swim and sun. The 3 choices are the following:

1. Carnival Elation-Port of New Orleans-4 nights-Cozumel

2. Norwegian Sky-Port of Miami-4 nights-Grand Bahama Island, Nassau, Great Stirrup Cay

3. RC Enchantment-Port Cnaveral-4 nights-Cococay and Nassau

Your replies are greatly appreciated!!

Sara

I would choose between NCL and RCI....the Carnival ship only has the one port....and the others have their private island day...that's really my favorite stop!!! Nassau is ok if you've never been there, but once is enough, IMO! I'm not a fan of Mexico, so Coz is out for me!!!

We were on the Enchantment last year. Enjoyed the ship- Coco Cay

is a fun private island and we went to the Blue Lagoon (Nassau) on the ship's tour last year and really liked the beach there and the Dolphin Encounter.

However, there are many good excursions in Nassau- including resorts on Cable Beach and places like Ardastra Gardens and Zoo. We don't stay near the pier in Nassau or go to the Straw Market, but do an excursion.

Hello Sara--congratulations on your upcoming cruise!

I think I would choose either NCL or RCL. Each ship has more than one port of call, and will be a little less "party" oriented than Carnival. As was mentioned earlier, the private island stops are always a lot of fun, and there will be many options for good food and drinks (along with the sun and surf you're looking for). Start doing a little research on these boards to learn about the "personality" of each ship so you can make the best choice for your needs.

Follow this link and go to the cruise reviews section at the top of the page. Plug in the name of the cruise line and ship to get an overview of your choices. You can also research your selected ports of call further down on the page.

Have fun!

I have never cruised but have been given the option of 3 cruises to pick from through my employer for my years of service. My husband and I are in our 40's, going with my sister and BIL. We love to eat good food, dance, have a few cocktails, swim and sun. The 3 choices are the following:

1. Carnival Elation-Port of New Orleans-4 nights-Cozumel

2. Norwegian Sky-Port of Miami-4 nights-Grand Bahama Island, Nassau, Great Stirrup Cay

3. RC Enchantment-Port Cnaveral-4 nights-Cococay and Nassau

Your replies are greatly appreciated!!

Sara

Cruise agent here & veteran of 31 cruises on many including these 3 you mentioned...I would rule out the Carnival Elation- oldest ship, few dining options..I have done the Sky twice, and LOVE her specialty restaurants, which cost a few $$ more..Le Bistro & Cagney's Steakhouse are wonderful AND as others have said, starting Jan 2016, drinks are FREE on the Sky..also very good entertainment..the 3 ports in 4 days means you have NO days at sea, which I kinda like to relax...the Enchantment is the largest & classiest of the ships..Boleros has great latin dancing & nice dining room..Coco Cay is a nice private Island, Nassau is OK, but I like the one day at sea..If you like to drink & can go after Jan, I would choose the Sky..if drinking is not a big deal, and a day to relax at sea sounds appealing, take the Enchantment..any questions or concerns, let me know...

Big Al

While some short cruises on Carnival may be a bit more livelier than others, it's not accurate to say that ALL three and four day cruises are "party" cruises. And besides, unless you hate to smile and see others having a good time, what's wrong with a little partying? That being said, since this is your first cruise, I would choose the RC Enchantment of the Seas. Although it's been several years since we've been on her, I recall the Enchantment being a beautiful ship, and any time someone mentions Coco Cay, I immediately think of being under a shade tree and drinking a Coco loco (if you go you'll find out what I mean ;)). Royal Caribbean's a good choice for your first cruise.