Flights To Barcelona

Oh ok.. Good to know

I just do Transatlantics. Fly over a few weeks early, use the train to hit multiple cities..then take the ship back to the states.

Glad you will check it out! Hope you get some GREAT deals!

As much as I'd like to visit Turkey someday, this trip is about Barcelona. An extra 8 hours in the air is 8 hour we aren't strolling the Barrio Gothic or climbing Montjuic.

While I probably wouldn't take the Moscow option (on Aeroflot I assume), I actually am scheduled to fly to BCN via IST next July - in business class however, meaning I get to spend several hours in Turkish Airlines famous lounge. Were I to do this trip in economy, I would probably schedule an overnight in Istanbul and have a quick visit. However, I don't blame you in the least for booking the non-stop from JFK given that $725 price.

Rec'd notice from Delta today...our 11:45a departure out of Barcelona has been changed to 10:45a. This will be on a Saturday off the Carnival Vista. Can we make this flight? And yes we could be first off the ship. TIA

I'm guessing Delta's plans all just got redone as I got notification that my flights for my July 1 cruise (booked on my own - I try to avoid 3rd parties when booking airfare, just my preference) changed - times and numbers.

Going over not a big deal - puts me landing closer to hotel check-in time, so more of a chance to get in the room early.

Coming back for me isn't a big deal as the flight was scheduled at 1:35pm and changed to 1:00pm. BUT it is an example of why I avoided a couple of other airlines that were a smidge less expensive (like within $50 or so before I went with Comfort Plus on Delta) but the time out was either 10:00 (RCCL's earliest recommended) or 10:35. For me, even with the cruiseline recommendation it was cutting it too close anyway - and had the 30 minute switch happened on those flights, I would then be on the phone with the airline trying to get moved to a later flight. (I may be weird, but I would much rather be sitting at the airport reading (or walking around doing laps) for a bit than pushing it to get there. On Sunday I got to Pearson in Toronto much closer to departure time than I almost ever cut it because I had brunch with a friend - so worth it, and I made the flight, but for me it was weird to barely have time to grab a soda and plane snack and sit for a couple of minutes before boarding. I don't see how last-minute dash people do it!)

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

Rec'd notice from Delta today...our 11:45a departure out of Barcelona has been changed to 10:45a. This will be on a Saturday off the Carnival Vista. Can we make this flight? And yes we could be first off the ship. TIA

Here's a thread from last year with several of us sharing our experiences: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2114845

I also see a newer Thread on this board that addresses this issue. On another Thread there's a very recent report of the ship not being able to get into port at Barcelona until the next day due to the weather. As always, trip insurance is recommended.

Happy Travels!

Our friends flight from BCN to ATL was changed to the same time also, suggest this far out with Delta that you periodically check your flight as Delta does change things periodically.

Our friends flight from BCN to ATL was changed to the same time also, suggest this far out with Delta that you periodically check your flight as Delta does change things periodically.

Definitely keep an eye out for minor (as in less than 10 minute) time changes, but for larger time changes and/or flight number changes, I've found that all airlines, Delta included, have been good about notifying me. I think if the time change is over a certain number of minutes (maybe at least 30, but I'm not positive), they have to give you the option to contact them for other options (generally at no charge, but if there is a huge difference they can charge something I believe) if the new schedule doesn't work for you.

We flew in and out of BCN for our RCCL Vision cruise last month and bought our tickets from cruiseline Choice Air. We flew on AA and connected in Philly and thought flights were great. Would do it again! We had looked at flights for BOS and NYC but the airfare was the same as it was for us to fly from Hartford/BDL (we live in CT)

Airfare everywhere - kayak, airline sites - had been right around $1300 for months, but booking via Choice Air was only $901 each. It was our first time using choice air so I was a little nervous (kept checking my AA itinerary!) but it all worked out great!

We flew in and out of BCN for our RCCL Vision cruise last month and bought our tickets from cruiseline Choice Air. We flew on AA and connected in Philly and thought flights were great. Would do it again! We had looked at flights for BOS and NYC but the airfare was the same as it was for us to fly from Hartford/BDL (we live in CT)

Airfare everywhere - kayak, airline sites - had been right around $1300 for months, but booking via Choice Air was only $901 each. It was our first time using choice air so I was a little nervous (kept checking my AA itinerary!) but it all worked out great!

Definitely worth checking all ways. I booked through Delta directly - got my window seat in Delta Comfort+, so I'm happy. (I have issues with third-party bookings as when I took a trip to Florence a few years ago everything was booked through Expedia, and in spite of my preference for window seats being stated (and this was booked pretty soon after the flight schedules were released) I ended up on the going over leg on the aisle of the middle section.)

I just looked at the air option with RCCL out of curiosity... In my case, they are offering a seat in regular economy for $100 over what I paid for my dead in Comfort+ - and that was booked less than a month ago, so it's not like the prices have gone up THAT much even on Delta's site.

Definitely worth checking all ways. I booked through Delta directly - got my window seat in Delta Comfort+, so I'm happy. (I have issues with third-party bookings as when I took a trip to Florence a few years ago everything was booked through Expedia, and in spite of my preference for window seats being stated (and this was booked pretty soon after the flight schedules were released) I ended up on the going over leg on the aisle of the middle section.)

I just looked at the air option with RCCL out of curiosity... In my case, they are offering a seat in regular economy for $100 over what I paid for my dead in Comfort+ - and that was booked less than a month ago, so it's not like the prices have gone up THAT much even on Delta's site.

I just checked our flights are now $310 per person more for a total of $620.

What is the best side of the plane to sit on if you want to get pictures of the city from the air? I will be flying in from JFK.

The air traffic pattern changes depending on the flight so there is really no way to know where you will be coming in from for a landing. There are different landing patterns.

Just booked business class air through American Airlines from Charlotte to Barcelona next May with return from Madrid. Two tickets cost than half of what we usually pay for one ticket! Great deal right now! Maybe because some people don't want to travel right now to Europe.