Flights To Barcelona

Delta, non-stop.

I'll book DCA to JFK later, in case Delta makes any schedule changes.

Not expert on travel to Europe but I think it's a good price, but it is for April which is before most start traveling there. I would of loved to get that fare on Delta since I am a sky miles member.

Not expert on travel to Europe but I think it's a good price, but it is for April which is before most start traveling there. I would of loved to get that fare on Delta since I am a sky miles member.

We paid $512/person one way to Barcelona from Baltimore for our October 2016 cruise... That was booked with Air2Sea

I thought it looked good, too. I watched prices for four months before starting to book.

For us April/ May is the best time to travel. Work is a little less busy. Fewer kids on the ship. Good weather. Better prices.

We paid $512/person one way to Barcelona from Baltimore for our October 2016 cruise... That was booked with Air2Sea

The Fall has the better pricing than the Spring and Summer.

I thought it looked good' date=' too. I watched prices for four months before starting to book.

For us April/ May is the best time to travel. Work is a little less busy. Fewer kids on the ship. Good weather. Better prices.[/quote']

Don't fret I think you still got a good price.

• 4 weeks later...
You are aware that you can do sample bookings with Air2Sea.

I do this by entering my reservation and clicking on the Air2Sea link. You just enter your dates as the reservation is then linked.

While many will suggest booking early is best, you can get great fares close in as well.

I booked a United flight from Fort Myers to Houston connecting to London Heathrow for my Quantum TA last year for just $359 total. I booked it while I was onboard the Oasis TA just 10 days prior to the cruise on Quantum.

I see those are for certain Cruise lines. I am sailing with Norwegian. Can I still use them? They had some very nice prices.

I see those are for certain Cruise lines. I am sailing with Norwegian. Can I still use them? They had some very nice prices.

For booking with RCL Air2Sea you must have a booked and deposited RCI, Celebrity or Azamara sailing.

The Air/Sea department at NCL should be able to book similar fares. They do not seem to have a web driven site but require a call.

Not always just for one-ways, I got a great deal on a roundtrip, just have to do your homework.

I just bought my one way tickets through RCCL ChoiceAir, Tampa to Barcelona for Sept 19, 2016. I first went to the web site, found great tickets for under $550. on British Airways with one stop. I then went to my bank website to see if my check had been deposited and when I went back to ChoiceAir, the published prices had DOUBLED!!! I called, they gave me the doubled price and when I said what happened, she said prices do change, and I said, In 5 minutes?. We are on a B2B2B, so I went back to ChoiceAir, put in the reservation number for the second B and got the tickets for less then $500. Go figure. So...if you find the ticket you want, don't wait to buy it.

I just bought my one way tickets through RCCL ChoiceAir, Tampa to Barcelona for Sept 19, 2016. I first went to the web site, found great tickets for under $550. on British Airways with one stop. I then went to my bank website to see if my check had been deposited and when I went back to ChoiceAir, the published prices had DOUBLED!!! I called, they gave me the doubled price and when I said what happened, she said prices do change, and I said, In 5 minutes?. We are on a B2B2B, so I went back to ChoiceAir, put in the reservation number for the second B and got the tickets for less then $500. Go figure. So...if you find the ticket you want, don't wait to buy it.

I have booked flights in the past that when I clicked on purchase the price went up at the purchase end!

I have booked flights in the past that when I clicked on purchase the price went up at the purchase end!

Yep. There are some airlines that when you search prices it will say how many seats are left at that price - usually if there are 5 or less. If there is 1 left, I book as quickly as I can, but hold my breath until I see the final price.

On the flip side, last year I booked a flight back to NYC from Orlando on United and the price was coach according to everything - except the seating chart. The seats offered were all first class. I went ahead and selected, figuring when I saw the price before putting in my card info I could just NOT book, and call them if necessary. The price remained the same AND I had a first class seat. I guess it was one of those glitches I happened to score off of. I definitely wasn't complaining.

In 2011, we were coming from the West Coast, so changed in Philadelphia then direct to Barcelona. I believe our cost 1 way was around $600 pp.

Yeah, that was four years ago. Even two years ago international flights were cheaper for us. Our closest airport is El Paso TX. I'm still researching airfare from Barcelona to El Paso for May. Cruising on NCL so ChoiceAir is not an option. Neither is air through NCL unless we pay deviation fees and higher fare since we want to stay post-cruise days in Barcelona. So far, roundtrip air is significantly cheaper than one-way so we are thinking of flying BCN-ELP after the cruise ends and then using return ELP-BCN in October and doing the return transatlantic. :)

There's a cheap Turkish air one-way flight but it changes planes in Istanbul and with the current political situation, we don't want to be in Istanbul.

Edited by NMLady

There's a cheap Turkish air one-way flight but it changes planes in Istanbul and with the current political situation, we don't want to be in Istanbul.

That's a shame, because TK is a fine airline, and I can't see any trouble occurring at IST airport (the only airport I've ever been, BTW, where every single person entering the terminal passes thru security). And I say this as a person who has a YUL-IST-BCN flight booked on TK for next July.

Mary Kay we were advised to make our connections via a US City. Others flew into Madrid and took the train in. At the time we went, coming out of Palm Springs, we flew PSP---> PHX ---> Phil ---> BCN. About 90 from our Roll Call stayed at the Barcelona Universal. I would love to go back to Barcelona and see the sights we missed due to a Group Tour to Montserrat the day before boarding so we missed a lot of key sights in Barcelona.

We got our one-way flights from STL->BCN for around $510pp, using Choice Air. The only Northeast airports that have non-stop flights to BCN are JFK, PHL, and EWR.

Thanks for the info! We are doing the Harmony Southampton to Barcelona in May. I am not a huge fan of flying, so non-stop is how I try to book. We like outside of Baltimore, so I will start looking at PHL. Amtrak to PHL is only $35 from Baltimore and around 1.5 hours.

Mary Kay we were advised to make our connections via a US City. Others flew into Madrid and took the train in. At the time we went, coming out of Palm Springs, we flew PSP---> PHX ---> Phil ---> BCN. About 90 from our Roll Call stayed at the Barcelona Universal. I would love to go back to Barcelona and see the sights we missed due to a Group Tour to Montserrat the day before boarding so we missed a lot of key sights in Barcelona.

In the past we have made connections in foreign cities such as Amsterdam, Madrid, Copenhagen but as we grow older (74 &. 84) we feel more comfortable with a connection in US city so that is what we are looking for. Might do Atlanta, even with the long layover.

We love Barcelona and are looking forward to time there again.

That's a shame, because TK is a fine airline, and I can't see any trouble occurring at IST airport (the only airport I've ever been, BTW, where every single person entering the terminal passes thru security). And I say this as a person who has a YUL-IST-BCN flight booked on TK for next July.

We booked TK for our summer cruise using their new route from Atlanta (ATL-BCN & FCO-ATL). We saved a bundle and I am not worried about transiting via IST.

We do have to drive 275 miles to/from the airport and pay for gas, parking and a hotel on return but even with that cost added and the flight we booked ATH-FCO as part of our trip we are still under $1000 per person. Just the flights from our local airport have been hovering between $1700-$1900 per person. With 4 of us that is a huge savings.

I just looked at this for the same route, but it looks like you stay overnight in Istanbul.....at least for Feb. date. Does the July travel window avoid this?

I just looked at this for the same route, but it looks like you stay overnight in Istanbul.....at least for Feb. date. Does the July travel window avoid this?

We've got a same-day connection arriving at BCN at 11 pm, and the same connecting flight is available in February, except that departure/arrival is 1 hour later - maybe a daylight savings/timezone thing? Anyways, if you don't mind arriving at BCN at midnight, you don't have to overnight in Istanbul. Of course, there are worse things than overnighting in Istanbul (actually did it a couple of summers ago - wonderful city).

Mary Kay we were advised to make our connections via a US City. ... At the time we went, coming out of Palm Springs, we flew PSP---> PHX ---> Phil ---> BCN. ... .

I've booked our flights. It came down to choosing between American and Delta since they had best departure, arrival, connections. Both were about same cost. American had two interim stops whereas Delta only had one. Roundtrip was significantly cheaper than one-way on both so we'll return to Barcelona in October for the return transatlantic cruise. We fly BCN-ATL-ELP in April, then the reverse in October.

Edited by NMLady

could someone please clarify…we'll be disembarking Carnival Vista on a Saturday catching a cab back to BCN. Is it apprx 25 minutes or so from cruise port to airport?

Once we arrive at the airport what will the process be? check-in, security, customs, etc? We'll be returning to states (we are US citizens) from BCN via ATL or JFK. At what point we'll we go thru US Customs?

Apologize for redundant questions however this will be our first European travel and want to understand clearly. TIA:)

Just booked my flights with 800 Fly Europe. I got a one way from Sarasota Fl to Barcelona business class for $1650. I am excited. All on American Airlines. Their website was giving strange prices so I called them and spent a hour on the phone and got what I think is a great deal.

We live near Detroit and ALWAYS find international flights cheaper out of Canada. The savings are even more with the current exchange rates.

OneStop (there are no nonstop flights) round trip from Detroit to Barcelona is over $1500 for the first week of July. NONstop round trip from Toronto is $850 US. There are 3 of us traveling, so a 3.5 hour drive from Detroit to Toronto for a savings of $2k is a no brainer.

Windsor has a small commuter for $200 pp...we have done that on the past. Actually sometimes is actually cheaper to connect from Windsor...weird, but yeah. Plus, the security is WAAAAAY easier from there...it is so tiny.

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to check airfares after hearing the news reporting lower fares due to lower fuel cost.

For the April/May dates I booked two months ago ($725 pp r/t on Delta and not the $925 I miss-posted), Delta is back down to $767, and others are in the $900's. Couple to few hundred less than two weeks ago.

Don't know if it is temporary or the new normal.

edit - JFK to BCN non-stop

Edited by cc_rider