Diamond Princess around Au/NZ 33 days.

On our Dawn cruise we got off the ship OK in pleasant conditions but a few hours later the tender back was a nightmare. The weather had changed to windy and rainy and the sea had got very choppy. It took about 20 nauseating minutes to get it safely tied up against the boarding platform. We both felt quite seedy for a few hours after that, DH especially. Luckily we had the late dinner sitting and were feeling better by then.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Apparently not all port calls at Geraldton are successful. Once when we cruised one of the first trial tenders ended up with a broken front window, Captain called them up and we waited until the wind and tide was more settled. Rough ride back though.

Last year the Captain took us right down into the basin near the silos for more protection and so it was easier for the tenders.

Nice place with a great museum in the wharf area. Would like more time there to go to the Kalbarri region.

But it is known as WA's windsurfing capital for a reason.

Looks like they have sheltered waters today. I think those must be the silos we are looking at.

8xpkx4.jpg

Yes that's the silos. I think a lot depends on the tides, winds and if there are any cargo ships as to how close you can get. Getting on the Radiance in 12 days at Fremantle - first stop Geraldton!

Looks good today.

In Geraldton today and the tender process seems to have gone smoothly, a little bit lumpy but nothing alarming. We haven't known quite where we've been for the past few days as our TV scan display has been down. They ran out of muesli this morning for the mere mortals, but there was plenty of other substitutes.

A round a head colds is starting to go around the ship, including yours truly. Anyone getting on tomorrow might want to stock up on cold and flu tablets and cough syrup/lozenges. Apparently there are 700 getting on in Fremantle.

They had the Melbourne Cup up on MUTS from early morning on Tuesday, and a barbeque around the pool. I don't know if anyone was running sweeps. What a great result!

Apart from a few minor hiccups, it's all going great. Hard to believe we've been on the ship for 2 weeks already!

Fremantle (Perth) tomorrow, followed by our Margaret River tour organised by Birubi.

In Geraldton today and the tender process seems to have gone smoothly, a little bit lumpy but nothing alarming. We haven't known quite where we've been for the past few days as our TV scan display has been down. They ran out of muesli this morning for the mere mortals, but there was plenty of other substitutes.

A round a head colds is starting to go around the ship, including yours truly. Anyone getting on tomorrow might want to stock up on cold and flu tablets and cough syrup/lozenges. Apparently there are 700 getting on in Fremantle.

They had the Melbourne Cup up on MUTS from early morning on Tuesday, and a barbeque around the pool. I don't know if anyone was running sweeps. What a great result!

Apart from a few minor hiccups, it's all going great. Hard to believe we've been on the ship for 2 weeks already!

Fremantle (Perth) tomorrow, followed by our Margaret River tour organised by Birubi.

DW has had a head cold so stayed in our cabin for a few days.

They also had a BBQ AFOR the cup, well they said it was a BBQ anyway.

One lady was upset about no sweeps, but some seem to get upset about almost anything.

Thanks for the heads up about the head colds! I might just add some more cold and flu medication to the "pharmacy"!!

Regarding Frances's Margaret River Tour, have you made any arrangements to meet and disembark together?

Unfortunately rain and possible thunderstorms are forcast for here tomorrow. Hopefully for those of you planning sight-seeing in Freo and Perth, the weathermen have got it wrong!

Looking forward to finally meeting you all on Sunday at the M & G. I hope those of you who have caught the "lurgy" are feeling better soon!

Regards

Jan

Nanna, Birubi is just the best organiser and you will be given a complete set of instructions at the M&G, if not before.

Problem is, the M & G isn't until Sunday! (Unless it has changed and I missed something!) I have her cabin number though so if I don't hear anything from anyone I can chase her up tomorrow night! :D Happy sailing down the coast!

Regards

Jan

We'll be on the Diamond in January. Could someone check the type of inputs on the tv's for me? HDMI or AV (red, yellow, white). I'll bring a universal remote to change the source. We'll want to hook a portable DVD player to our tv.

Thanks!

Edited by bconley351

We'll be on the Diamond in January. Could someone check the type of inputs on the tv's for me? HDMI or AV (red, yellow, white). I'll bring a universal remote to change the source. We'll want to hook a portable DVD player to our tv.

Thanks!

Sorry bconley, I missed the January bit on the other post when I suggested you post on this thread. I thought you were boarding today and needed an answer quickly! I will certainly have a look this afternoon and get back to you!!

Regards

Jan

Good luck trying to plug anything in though. I have a small hand and I can't squeeze it in behind. 😕

The ele in our cabin swivels a fair way and they're pretty easily accessed so it may vary room type by room type.

at Busselton today

73nmnm.jpg

Lovely day, but a three hour wait for the train a h Jetty.

One of the negatives of th big ships too many people wanting to do so much in a small amount of time.

Edited by GUT2407