Getaway Question

woopuppy

For those who have been on the Getaway I have a cabin question. We have a aft ocean view room. I am thinking of upgrading to a balcony as a surprise for my husband. Total would be an additional $320. Is there much difference between to 2 cabins with the exception of having the balcony?

I would say go for it!! We always have a balcony on our cruises. We utilize it as part of our room space. It's always nice to have your morning coffee out there or even drinks in the evenings. Sure the balcony may not be huge, but I always feel like it's worth it. Now the next person will probably tell you no, and it is a matter of personal preference :) As far as room size, I think they may be around the same size of square footage. Surprise him....go for it!

Absolutely, do it. The Getaway balconies are not very big...but still big enough to give you your own private outdoor space to sit and enjoy. It will add soo much more to the enjoyment of the cruise, and for the two of you to enjoy relaxing time with each other. The ship is wonderful. But sometimes you like to escape to your own outdoor privacy. Here is a posting of way too many and unedited pictures of the Getaway. If you dig through them far enough, you will see our balcony cabin and the balcony.

http://s241.photobucket.com/user/roganderson60/media/Getaway1/DSCN5596_zps8f68ea0b.jpg.html?sort=2&o=0

Thanks for all the YES votes! I really want to do this. I am just afraid I will upgrade and then get an obstructed balcony view. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks for the pics!!!

There are no obstructed balconies on the Getaway! You will be fine! Go for it if you can!

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I called to upgrade to a balcony and the nice lady I got told me to wait to closer to my sail date. She said this is a slow week and the boat isn't even half full yet. She stated that I might be able to upgrade for a lot less. I decided to wait. I figure if she is lying I just saved money that can be spent on the cruise (not a bad thing! LOL) or if she is telling the truth maybe I can upgrade to a mini suite for about the same price as the balcony. Either way I know we will have a great time!

OK, I have the opposite view: we have done everything from inside to mini suites: we would not do inside again (3 times was enough) but as for the others: there is no or almost no different in size, the balconies are pretty small and we do not use them all that much. When we can upgrade to a balcony for $100 a person or less we do, otherwise we are very happy with just an outside cabin. Hubby does enjoy reading on the balcony in the afternoon if we are not busy doing something out of the cabin and we will have our coffee outside some mornings, but rarely do we even take out nightcap out. Of course part of this might be, I am afraid of heights so though I will go out I am not terribly comfortable spending much time on the balcony. It is simply a matter of what one enjoys, but I can guarantee you, we have never felt a huge need to have the balcony.

We enjoy the balcony even though it isn't huge on the Getaway. We have also been in a Mini-suite on the Getaway. Unless it is a huge deal, a mini isn't that much more to enjoy than a balcony but it does have a better shower and sink. The Getaway is one of our favorite ships! Enjoy your cruise:D

Getaway has many angled balconies that give you even more room. We just had 9244 and loved the extra room and no extra cost! If you look at the floor plan for each floor you can see which balconies are angled.