Seabourn newbie has laundry questions

zelker

Curious how many washers and dryers are on the Quest?

Assume they provide laundry soap but probably not dryer sheets, correct?

Do they offer an unlimited laundry package vs per item or per bag?

Any idea how much they charge to dry clean a men's suit?

And finally, is there a clothesline in the bathroom?

Thanks!

My best recollection is that there are two laundry rooms with two washers and two dryers each. There is powder soap provided. Don't recall there being dryer sheets. No unlimited laundry package but one price (I think $75) for as much as you can fit into one laundry bag which, if you had to pay per item, can come to over $300. One of the perks of frequent cruisers is one free laundry bag every 7 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My best recollection is that there are two laundry rooms with two washers and two dryers each. There is powder soap provided. Don't recall there being dryer sheets. No unlimited laundry package but one price (I think $75) for as much as you can fit into one laundry bag which, if you had to pay per item, can come to over $300. One of the perks of frequent cruisers is one free laundry bag every 7 days.

It was only $50 per stuffed bag on a recent Odyssey cruise, but you must be a better "stuffer" than I am, as I only saved about half the a la carte cost when I put in pants and tops. Might have saved more if I had dozens of underwear items, which are expensive a la carte .

There is a nice retractable clothesline in the bathroom for light laundry too, you can bring Travelwash

The dry cleaning costs were reasonable, not sure exactly but I think about $10 for a suit.

Four washer /dryers for 450+ people. Beats zero for 600+ on the new ships. Versus Crystal with never crowded laundry rooms and Bounce sheets provided.

Even Silversea beats SB in this department.

Laundry is my least important concern while cruising; I prefer to wash my undies in the privacy of my suite. That 's the purpose for the string over the tub!

By the way, Bounce sheets have been found to clog up dryer screens and are NOT recommended as clogged screens can cause fires.

It was only $50 per stuffed bag on a recent Odyssey cruise, but you must be a better "stuffer" than I am, as I only saved about half the a la carte cost when I put in pants and tops. Might have saved more if I had dozens of underwear items, which are expensive a la carte .

There is a nice retractable clothesline in the bathroom for light laundry too, you can bring Travelwash

The dry cleaning costs were reasonable, not sure exactly but I think about $10 for a suit.

I get free laundry so didn't know exact price. I am not a big person so I can squeeze lots into the bag. My husband prefers to dry clean his clothes so it's just my clothes. I hand wash undergarments as they are too delicate for washers.

I am an expert stuffer and get excellent value for my $50 and would much prefer this to standing in any laundry on any cruise or holiday gratis.n it's one of the things I am not looking forward to with SS.... Doing laundry

Tips... Roll every thing and manipulate it into the bag. Fill with outer garments first then slide the little things into the spaces go horizontally and vertically. With pants waist is on the outside.

It all comes back ready to wear.... While you have been enjoying yourself

Take your clothes piece by piece and roll them up tightly. You will be surprised as to how much you can get in a bag!