Dinning attire on pride

Michie78

Hi

I have been on many cruises just haven't been on carnival in awhile. We always are dressed presentable for dinner just don't do Dress clothes on formal nights. With our two kids it's just hard for us. I was reading something and saw on formal nights jeans aren't allowed. Is this enforced? Thanks

Hi

I have been on many cruises just haven't been on carnival in awhile. We always are dressed presentable for dinner just don't do Dress clothes on formal nights. With our two kids it's just hard for us. I was reading something and saw on formal nights jeans aren't allowed. Is this enforced? Thanks

I have seen it enforced, and also seen where it was not.. You can certainly try it, but just be prepared to eat up on the lido deck if they turn you down. Carnival does not always enforce their dress code.

I've been on the Pride three times in the last two years and I've seen jeans to tuxedos. To be on the safe side a pair of long non Jean pants(don't have to be dress pants, khakis will do) and a shirt with buttons. Unlike RC, Princess and Celebrity where most men wear suits, on Carnival there are more with just pants and a button down shirt. For some cargo pants and a Hawaiin shirt constitutes elegant.

It's changed over the years. Many years ago I've seen the MaîtreD turn guests aware for their clothing attire except for the first night of the cruise as sometimes some guests wouldn't get their bags until after dinner. In the last few years...I've not seen it enforced.

Wear whatever you like. It's a free for all.

Although I can't address the issue of jeans for Formal Night, I can say that this is not entirely true. While on the Pride in July, we did see a man turned away from Formal night wearing long shorts and a shirt. He was told that if he wanted to dine there, he would need to change into long pants and that was the end of the story. We were right behind him in line and heard the conversation, but at that point he got upset and started yelling and caused quite the spectacle. Not sure what happened after that, as he stormed away and we were then seated but we did see him after dinner, still in shorts near the Martini Bar.

Would your boys wear Dockers (or similar)? A tad dressier and just as comfortable as jeans. Khakis are cooler than jeans.

DH wears Dockers the entire cruise. He wears his nicest Hawaiian shirt for Formal night.

Edited by SadieN

Just off of the Conquest. I would be surprised to see anyone turned away for anything on any night. The maître d' is a slob, although his assistants were not.

Not that I really care too much, but the dress code has become more relaxed over the years. I still tend to dress "up", but many do not. Many (too many?) t-shirts and ball caps at dinner. Not so many ties and jackets at formal night.

One pair of khaki's will last a kid the week.... :)

Speaking for the Pride, the Maitre D is an cordial gentleman but he will enforce the dress code if the attire is inappropriate.

If it's too much trouble to dress the family appropriately for dinner, there are several alternative dining options where you can freely dress as you feel comfortable.

Was on the Pride 7 day to nowhere a few weeks back, and I will readily admit, I hate playing dress up, so my first Formal Night attire was Docker Cargo Pants slip on shoes, a white button down with a tie and a jacket. And if it had been up to me I would have subtracted the tie and jacket, but 'if mamma ain't happy...', anyway I was comfortable, and didn't feel out of place, my girls, 5 and 9 years old, were dressed for photos, as was my wife, but I just don't see the point. My second Cruise Elegant night was Chinos and a golf polo, no one turned me away. Can't remember seeing Jeans on a formal night, but I doubt they would turn you away. I would say as long as you don't show up in a tee shirt, jean shorts and flip flops, you will be okay. I know this will offend some people, but remember you are on vacation, with kids no less, I wear a suit every day for work, I really don't see a need to get dressed up to eat dinner, but I also don't want to offend anyone who really wants to make it a fashion show. Just my $.02

It did just dawn on me that we were second seating, so that may or may not play into if they are enforcing the dress code more early seating than later. Just a thought.

Would your boys wear Dockers (or similar)? A tad dressier and just as comfortable as jeans. Khakis are cooler than jeans.

DH wears Dockers the entire cruise. He wears his nicest Hawaiian shirt for Formal night.

Kids don't think dockers are as cool as jeans. That's why they don't market dockers to kids. A Hawaiian shirt doesn't look good on anybody.

Was on the Pride 7 day to nowhere a few weeks back, and I will readily admit, I hate playing dress up, so my first Formal Night attire was Docker Cargo Pants slip on shoes, a white button down with a tie and a jacket. And if it had been up to me I would have subtracted the tie and jacket, but 'if mamma ain't happy...', anyway I was comfortable, and didn't feel out of place, my girls, 5 and 9 years old, were dressed for photos, as was my wife, but I just don't see the point. My second Cruise Elegant night was Chinos and a golf polo, no one turned me away. Can't remember seeing Jeans on a formal night, but I doubt they would turn you away. I would say as long as you don't show up in a tee shirt, jean shorts and flip flops, you will be okay. I know this will offend some people, but remember you are on vacation, with kids no less, I wear a suit every day for work, I really don't see a need to get dressed up to eat dinner, but I also don't want to offend anyone who really wants to make it a fashion show. Just my $.02

It did just dawn on me that we were second seating, so that may or may not play into if they are enforcing the dress code more early seating than later. Just a thought.

Thank you I feel the same way. We have cruised a lot. And the last couple of years we stopped doing the formal thing. We still are presentable and wouldn't be going in shorts or flip flops. I have two kids one with special needs so we try to make our vacations had less stressful as possible. My son however usually wears shorts but they are long kHaki shorts with a nice shirt but he is 4.

We were on the same pride seven day cruise to nowhere and we saw just about everything. And yes we saw jeans on formal night flip-flops T-shirt and a baseball hat in the dining room. We tend to dress up for dinner but you see just about everything so I think you're pretty safe to wear just about almost anything you want.

I think the poster meant khakis were cooler as in being lighter in weight. Jeans can feel heavy in the carribean. Weigh more in your suitcase too. I have only ever brought them to Alaska.

Ken the MD on the Pride didn't seem to enforce the dress code on the non-formal nights. On my last three cruises on the Pride I saw plenty of short cut offs, flip flops and baseball caps. I thought grown men knew you are to take off your hat in a nice restaurant. They were enforcing long pants in the steak house.

Kids don't think dockers are as cool as jeans. That's why they don't market dockers to kids. A Hawaiian shirt doesn't look good on anybody.

Fashion Police Alert

Tom Selleck sure looked great in a Hawaiian shirt, as does my hudband!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app