Murphey

I think people have a misconception of SHARE. The way he described it is; let's say it's just you and your DW/DH/SO. You each order your 3 course meal. It comes on 6 plates, so you are "sharing" with whoever you are dining with, not strangers. The assumption is you are ordering different things, Maybe I'm wrong, but I got the impression on these boards is that was like a communal meal. (That's what I thought).

Perhaps there is a misconception but if so that comes from the videos that have been posted of long tables with 12-20 people sitting elbow to elbow.

Another thing, the whole SHARE concept will work better for larger groups since they can order a more diverse selection.

We will certainly take a look on our next Princess cruise, but if it's anything like the videos, we will not dine there.

I think people have a misconception of SHARE.

Good Thread that addresses the misconception issue. There really is a big misconception of what SHARE will be like.

We will keep an open mind and give SHARE a try on Emerald in January! :)

Good Thread that addresses the misconception issue. There really is a big misconception of what SHARE will be like.

We will keep an open mind and give SHARE a try on Emerald in January! :)

Please report back when you return. We are on the Emerald in Feb. so would appreciate first hand information. ( gave up school diners 70 years ago ). Thanks;)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the video of the launch of the Share launch event? It's wasn't held in a Share dining venue because, well...none have been built yet! They show people eating at banquet tables as they are simply trying the different types of food Share is going to offer. In fact in the video they show several concept images of what Share will look like which clearly shows many smaller tables available - you can see these images in the photo gallery on the Princess website as well. As mentioned many times, no one (outside of Princess) knows exactly what the final design will look like, but I highly doubt they are going to force you to share with strangers.

Chef's stated concept is communal family dining but in reality may play out differently...not everyone is with a group...or wants to eat what another diner orders...even if just two are together...

the long banquettes and small plate style remind us of crowded noisy urban lunch spots....rather than cozy...prefer our own chair!

Guess we'll learn more as they are rolled out....about concept, menu and service style

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the video of the launch of the Share launch event? It's wasn't held in a Share dining venue because, well...none have been built yet! They show people eating at banquet tables as they are simply trying the different types of food Share is going to offer. In fact in the video they show several concept images of what Share will look like which clearly shows many smaller tables available - you can see these images in the photo gallery on the Princess website as well. As mentioned many times, no one (outside of Princess) knows exactly what the final design will look like, but I highly doubt they are going to force you to share with strangers.

Bravo. I was going to post something very similar to this yesterday but never got around to it. There is a huge difference between the "Roll Out conception Video" and what we will actually have available to us on each ship. ;)

Chef's stated concept is communal family dining but in reality may play out differently...not everyone is with a group...or wants to eat what another diner orders...even if just two are together...

the long banquettes and small plate style remind us of crowded noisy urban lunch spots....rather than cozy...prefer our own chair!

Guess we'll learn more as they are rolled out....about concept, menu and service style

Actually some have commented that this concept is designed to appeal to a younger demographic. Part of that concept is a more active experience. The decor (hard tables with no table clothes and limited carpeting) is designed to enhance rather than absorb noise increasing the excitement of the experience. The communal dining fits right in.

Will it be popular? Don't ask me, I'm not in the demographic that prefers loud, active, communal experiences. I would much prefer a softer more romantic experience. Guess we'll be substituting an UBD for Sabatini's.

Bravo. I was going to post something very similar to this yesterday but never got around to it. There is a huge difference between the "Roll Out conception Video" and what we will actually have available to us on each ship. ;)

Of course, there can be a significant difference between a video about a concept and how it is actually implemented. Or, there may not be any difference. My point, and the point of many others, is that if the video is an accurate depiction of the concept, then we're not interested. When we want to join a large table sitting elbow to elbow, then we will dine in the MDR.

Sabatini's was a wonderful place to have a quiet romantic dinner for two undisturbed by someone sitting next to you. I have yet to see anything that would indicate Share provides this same experience.

SHARE reminds me a little of the Qsine line on Celebrity, where the idea is to order a number of plates (small and not so small) and share around the table, sort of like we often do in a Chinese restaurant here at home. It's very popular with a lot of Celebrity cruisers but we didn't care for it, especially DH. We'd much rather have a more traditional experience of an appetizer (or two or three...) followed by a clear entree and then dessert.

The video is of the launch event where people are sampling the food, they aren't in an actual Share restaurant since there isn't one yet. The video also shows the still photos I attached here in it - in fact you can see people in the video looking at these same photos showing the smaller tables as well.

The video is of the launch event where people are sampling the food, they aren't in an actual Share restaurant since there isn't one yet. The video also shows the still photos I attached here in it - in fact you can see people in the video looking at these same photos showing the smaller tables as well.

No one is disputing that there are depictions of small tables and videos of large tables. But, as you say, the restaurants have not been built yet and different ships will have different implementations. So videos and pictures are less than convincing evidence of how concepts will be implemented.

BTW, I don't remember Sabatini's overlooking a deck below. Do you know what ship those concepts were supposed to represent? It looks more like Bellini's over looking the atrium on Regal???