Norovirus on Azura

finalstraw

We had THE BUG on aurora for perhaps five days during the cruise

Just returned from. No mention about this, until my report, on the forum.

Red alert, as it is known on board. Clear for the last few days.

Not quite sure I understand your peculiar post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Having a number of cruises under our belt, My wife and I always wash our hands every time We use the toilet, any time We return to my cabin, and We always use the hand gel provided, while using the buffet We re-gel while entering the serving area between courses and on entering the MDR if We don't see a gel unit We ask one of the waiters at the entrance, both my wife and I also carry our own small bottles of hand gel. To date We have had the good luck to escape any infection despite being on two cruises where it occurred, but we have to put things into perspective where you have large numbers of people gathering together there will always be the chance of infection no matter how we try to prevent it. Let's not become paranoid we are on holiday after all.

Hi Staygulf

Thank you for your post, in our case the practice of washing our hands after using the toilet and at other times has always existed, however it would appear this is not the case for others.

As indicated in your post by your remark "Roll Eyes" you obviously found my post boring, I will therefore treat you as the "SmartA**e" you obviously are.

Hi Staygulf

Thank you for your post, in our case the practice of washing our hands after using the toilet and at other times has always existed, however it would appear this is not the case for others.

As indicated in your post by your remark "Roll Eyes" you obviously found my post boring, I will therefore treat you as the "SmartA**e" you obviously are.

I think it was just good humour [emoji53]

Hi Staygulf

No offense was intended. It just struck me as highly amusing that you would make such a statement and preface it the way you did about the number of cruises. It was my attempt at humour and I may have used the wrong emoji.

Sorry if it upset you so much. At least we think along the same lines. My wife and I do the same as you.

Hi Staygulf

Perhaps I didn't phrase my post that well, what I was trying to get across was that by practising good personal hygiene my better half and I had not succumbed to the dreaded virus on any of our cruises including two where it raised it ugly head.

My apology for perceiving offence where none was intended, happy virus free cruising to you and your other half.

We have escaped so far too ... But have seen at least 4 serious outbreaks. Two on Azura. However the worst was probably Queen Mary 2 where cabins either side of us got 'the treatment'. No escaping the ghost busters type of deep clean and the bright laundry bags. We were greeted at the gang way as we waited to board the last segment of the world cruise with 'You know there are two dead in the morgue!' Can think of better ways to start a cruise.

Sad to see people falling over each other to try and get their noses in the compensation trough,

Noro Virus occurs on all cruise lines and on all cruise ships,

it occurs where there are large groups of people and is spread in the main by people picking up the virus on their hands and passing it to their mouths,

Nothing to do with aircon or other ventilation systems which contain virus filters.

I'm not in the least bit bothered about compensation brillo. Maybe I misinterpreted Daddyglove's post, but it seemed to say they received the compensation because they adhered to procedures, which we did and got precisely zilch except some nasty comments. If P&O are going to apply these "rules" it would be nice if they were consistent, but I should know by now that is too much to ask.

I have no idea whether DH caught the bug on board, or whether it was noro, or whether it was something brewing before he boarded. Either way he was very poorly for 2-3 days, missed a port and time with his family (although that may have been a bonus :D).

I'm not in the least bit bothered about compensation brillo. Maybe I misinterpreted Daddyglove's post, but it seemed to say they received the compensation because they adhered to procedures, which we did and got precisely zilch except some nasty comments. If P&O are going to apply these "rules" it would be nice if they were consistent, but I should know by now that is too much to ask.

I have no idea whether DH caught the bug on board, or whether it was noro, or whether it was something brewing before he boarded. Either way he was very poorly for 2-3 days, missed a port and time with his family (although that may have been a bonus :D).

But.....if you google 'norovirus cruise compensation' there are many no win no fee outlets that will take on you cause.

In simple terms, you booked your cruise, you got norovirus, if you were not on the ship you would not have caught the bug therefore the cruise line caused your injury.

My Mum caught Noro on Britannia in April. P&O paid out £800 in compensation. You don't pay the price of a cruise and expect to fall ill.