Norovirus on Azura

finalstraw

Hi hope all passengers are ok and they can contain it...we are on her on Friday

So far passengers are taking it pretty seriously with the hand wash. Out on a coach tour today and we even have hand sanitizer with us.

Before today I've had people barge past me at the buffet in order to avoid washing hands.

Yes we had it a year ago on Oriana. No self-service in the buffet.

On our last cruise, we were standing behind someone we actually knew at the cheese bit of the buffet and the lady kept dropping the biscuits, so she picked them up with her hand, then the next bloke did the same. He also picked up a piece of cheese with his fingers. I am ashamed that I didn't say anything.

On our last cruise, we were standing behind someone we actually knew at the cheese bit of the buffet and the lady kept dropping the biscuits, so she picked them up with her hand, then the next bloke did the same. He also picked up a piece of cheese with his fingers. I am ashamed that I didn't say anything.

Quite often pick things up with my own cutlery. you never know where those tongs have been :eek:

The 4 cruises this year have resulted in two illnesses. P&O Britannia was proper Noro and Thomson Majesty was not but still confined to cabin for 36 hours. In both cases there were no medical charges. actually I was charged £50.25 on Thomson but it was immediately refunded. I got refunds for 2 excursions as well.

It is difficult with people like that. If they are too stupid or selfish etc to be considerate to others then you do put yourself in an awkward situation if you say anything. I always do but my wife never would say anything.

I will next time. We also saw a bloke filling his water bottle from the water dispenser, right underneath the sign that says DONT

how about this. The water dispenser has a notice saying don't fill empty water bottles. So someone fills their bottle but as it had some water in it when they started they say it does not apply to them :eek::eek:

"I don't need to wash my hands I've just washed them in the cabin" so annoying to hear this, what about all the door handles and stair rails they have touched in the meantime? I just assume they have a lack of intelligence I'm afraid, with no concept of courtesy when it comes to hygiene.

how about this. The water dispenser has a notice saying don't fill empty water bottles. So someone fills their bottle but as it had some water in it when they started they say it does not apply to them :eek::eek:

What a plonker.

Edit - not you Dave [emoji12]

Edited by Florry

I have to admit when I saw someone picking up a slice of toast then put it back I did say something to them. Well actually I sort of snapped at them saying you can't do that! I saw someone in Morrisons one day "testing" the rolls for freshness they got the same treatment!

I have to admit when I saw someone picking up a slice of toast then put it back I did say something to them. Well actually I sort of snapped at them saying you can't do that! I saw someone in Morrisons one day "testing" the rolls for freshness they got the same treatment!

Good on you. Everyone should do the same.

Bit difficult to say anything sometimes: on Oriana last January (prime norovirus season) we watched an officer pick up a chip with his fingers:eek:.

Yes but that only puts him at risk, not others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

what's the view on filling up water bottles from a glass filled up from the dispenser? I have seen this done but not done myself for fear of being told off!!!d

I've seen someone doing that as well. If the glass hasn't been drank from then I can't see a problem.

Hi hope all passengers are ok and they can contain it...we are on her on Friday

Be prepared for a long wait before your embarkation.

We were on Azura earlier this year, right after an outbreak of Norovirus. P&O carried out a deep clean on return to Southampton. This resulted in delayed embarkation. I think we sat in the terminal for about 3 hours, and the queue was out to the drop off area.

Having said that, they must have done a fantastic job as there were no new cases during our cruise. Totally worth the 3 hour delay, to avoid 36 hours in your room feeling ill.

When we were on Fred Olsen people were advised to stay in their cabin if you thought you had Noro and call the medics who didn't charge for their services. Is P&O the same? Never had it on any P&O ship - so far!!

Well my mum got Noro on Britannia in April. Boy did they charge! £800 for about 40 mins of care. We complained afterwards and got it refunded but it felt like a money making exercise. At one point she was in a room in the medical centre and vomiting and they couldn't find any sick trays so she vomited over herself and the bed. The staff were less than friendly and not attentive given she was an 80 year old. She was shivering and cold and just said we can't give you anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Filling bottles it is still frowned on, not just the hygiene risk but it is selfish if passengers have watch and wait while they do it. Just fill a glass and drink it.

Having been on the cruise dubbed 'holiday from hell' on the 'plague ship'

dailyecho

telegraph

I know the consequences of getting norovirus and try and minimise the risk as much as possible.

I was in the theatre when the passenger was struck down with norovirus so badly crew responded as a suspected heart attack. The medical bill was in the £1,000s.

Best not to touch any food you or someone else is going to eat. On my last cruise I even avoided touching my bread roll at dinner. Using my knife and fork to cut it up and fork to eat it. Funnily my table companions just looked on and did not say anything. :mad:

Why take a chance getting ill. Follow the washing your hands advise given onboard at all times. It is not that hard and does not take that long.

I suspect people who have not experienced norovirus are more likely to be laissez faire. :(

:) I am puzzled why people want to mess about filling from a dispenser when it is the same water in the tap in the Cabin. Fill from the tap & place in fridge- sorted!
Water in the taps always smells of chlorine and sadly no fridges in the Majesty cabins :rolleyes::rolleyes:

When we were on Fred Olsen people were advised to stay in their cabin if you thought you had Noro and call the medics who didn't charge for their services. Is P&O the same? Never had it on any P&O ship - so far!!

I was ill on Oriana - certainly a tummy bug if not Noro. I spoke to Medical staff on the phone several times and was told that if I required a visit, it would be chargeable. A man in a bio suit and mask came and sterilised the cabin several times in the 24 hours I was confined.