Butler questions

motleyfan

I had a specific question but I thought this would be a cool thread for anybody who has any Butler related questions. People say room service is free if you're in the haven, is it free if you use the room service line or just if your butler gets it for you? I have read that the butler is available 24 hours a day, obviously its not the same Butler right? So you get one during the day and one during the night?

Even if you call room service they will see that you are in a suite and have your butler deliver you order.

You might get a mild scolding for not calling him in the first place.

Ha ha yep, happened to us our first cruise, we ordered a pizza and the butler came to remind us to call him next time we needed anything. Lesson learned :)

Our butler brought us two free bottles of Veuve Clicquot, delivered 8 free shrimp cocktails from Cagney's, a free sitting with the ship's photographer, a private cocktail with the captain in his quarter's, a scale model of the Gem for my grandson, a tour of the women's dressing room during the entertainment dress rehearsals for myself, a $1,000 gift certificate for my wife at Columbia Emeralds, and roped off 4 seats at every bar for us to use for the week. And that was just during the sail away.

Please correct me if I am wrong but isn't the room service food still free but just with a small service charge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Norwegian Cruise Line now charging for room service?

Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced an enhanced room service menu. The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast, in addition to a wider variety of options available 24 hours. Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge of up to $7.95 will be added to each order placed (Morning coffee, continental breakfast and orders placed by guests sailing in The Haven will not attract a charge)*. Room service is one of up to 29 dining options offered across the fleet, and guests continue to be able to enjoy a wide array of complimentary choices onboard 24 hours a day.

*Prices subject to change.

Is Norwegian Cruise Line now charging for room service?

Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced an enhanced room service menu. The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast, in addition to a wider variety of options available 24 hours. Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge of up to $7.95 will be added to each order placed (Morning coffee, continental breakfast and orders placed by guests sailing in The Haven will not attract a charge)*. Room service is one of up to 29 dining options offered across the fleet, and guests continue to be able to enjoy a wide array of complimentary choices onboard 24 hours a day.

*Prices subject to change.

So that's a yes to food is free with a small service charge. Thanks for clarifying.

Please correct me if I am wrong but isn't the room service food still free but just with a small service charge?

No service charge for those staying in a suite, which I believe that is where Motleyfan is staying since he asked about the Butler and yes the food is free, Edited by NLH Arizona

What would be the proper tipping range for butler / concierge? I read on one of the threads 10 per day / butler and 5 per day / concierge or accordingly to whom deal with more?

Depends on what you feel..... some say a lot more than your $10 per person per day.

We (four gals) just got off the Dawn to Bermuda & our Butler Roland was amazing....we tipped him $350. We gave our room Steward Alfredo $150 and our Concierge Karabi $60.

We had discussed & agreed upon the total amount of cash we might need to 'tip out' so this amount was already in our budget. It was just a matter of dividing it up.

Our Butler was truly amazing..I would book another cruise just based on him being there.

At the end of the day...it's whatever feels comfy for you.

Cheers,

Sandy (and Marilyn & Sue & Mel)

Our butler brought us two free bottles of Veuve Clicquot, delivered 8 free shrimp cocktails from Cagney's, a free sitting with the ship's photographer, a private cocktail with the captain in his quarter's, a scale model of the Gem for my grandson, a tour of the women's dressing room during the entertainment dress rehearsals for myself, a $1,000 gift certificate for my wife at Columbia Emeralds, and roped off 4 seats at every bar for us to use for the week. And that was just during the sail away.

I want your butler:D

Non suite: aside from continental breakfast you can order room service items only for a fee.

Suite and Haven: you can order with no fee from the regular room service menu, a suite room service menu, any free dining room, such as O'Sheehan's, MDR, Asian and buffet. You may also order from any of the specialty restaurants to be served ensuite. You incur the fee, but can enjoy the meal in the comfort of your suite. In addition you can have the upgraded breakfast and lunch (and dinner if your ship has a dedicated suite venue), at no additional charge. Crab cake Benedict and French press coffee for breakfast, hearts of Palm salad with that awesome dressing for lunch with kosher chicken or a seafood risotto.

One of my favorite suite perks is coming home from a long day in port or physical excursion, take a bubble bath, slip into my pjs just in time to answer the door for the butler with dinner from Le Bistro.

Non suite: aside from continental breakfast you can order room service items only for a fee.

Suite and Haven: you can order with no fee from the regular room service menu, a suite room service menu, any free dining room, such as O'Sheehan's, MDR, Asian and buffet. You may also order from any of the specialty restaurants to be served ensuite. You incur the fee, but can enjoy the meal in the comfort of your suite. In addition you can have the upgraded breakfast and lunch (and dinner if your ship has a dedicated suite venue), at no additional charge. Crab cake Benedict and French press coffee for breakfast, hearts of Palm salad with that awesome dressing for lunch with kosher chicken or a seafood risotto.

One of my favorite suite perks is coming home from a long day in port or physical excursion, take a bubble bath, slip into my pjs just in time to answer the door for the butler with dinner from Le Bistro.

My point was (for non suite) that the food items are free. There is no prices per item. There is only the small service charge.

Motleyfan, I think this is a great idea. Hope to get a lot of suggestions. When the butler brings dinner does he bring all of the courses at once? Do you tip him then or at the end of the cruise?

I will give him 60 dollars the first day