Anyone attended a POA Meet & Greet?

CruisnDeb

Are you on your sailing's roll call? Maybe ask them what is scheduled if a M&G has been organized?

I am actually the organizer of the the M&G :eek: lol. I have tried to get info from NCL, but the person I email to set it up only sets up the date and number of attendees (she's in the Corporate office.) She said it is up to ship as to what they do and she has no information.

I am actually the organizer of the the M&G :eek: lol. I have tried to get info from NCL, but the person I email to set it up only sets up the date and number of attendees (she's in the Corporate office.) She said it is up to ship as to what they do and she has no information.

I haven't set one up but there is a sticky at the top of the page if you haven't seen it. My understanding was it was coordinated by the group events coordinator on each ship but maybe things have changed. On the BA the captain didn't attend FWIW.

BTW - have a nice trip on the PoA and if you could ask at the M&G what is all expected at the drydock would be appreciated.

I haven't set one up but there is a sticky at the top of the page if you haven't seen it. My understanding was it was coordinated by the group events coordinator on each ship but maybe things have changed. On the BA the captain didn't attend FWIW.

BTW - have a nice trip on the PoA and if you could ask at the M&G what is all expected at the drydock would be appreciated.

Thanks Dexddd and I will do my best to remember to ask.

To answer your M&G question: on other ships, a date, space, time is provided by the ship for an M&G. Not having been on The POA, not sure how they do things. I have hosted a number of M&G. Usually pastries, coffee, tea and juices are provided. The Senior Hotel Management attends: Hotel Director, Food and Beverage Director, Restaurant Manager, Executive Housekeeper, Beverage Manager and the Cruise Director. I have a couple of Captains attend but that is rare.

I hope this helps.

To answer your M&G question: on other ships, a date, space, time is provided by the ship for an M&G. Not having been on The POA, not sure how they do things. I have hosted a number of M&G. Usually pastries, coffee, tea and juices are provided. The Senior Hotel Management attends: Hotel Director, Food and Beverage Director, Restaurant Manager, Executive Housekeeper, Beverage Manager and the Cruise Director. I have a couple of Captains attend but that is rare.

I hope this helps.

Thanks....it does help. I just wanted to post some info on our roll call before I leave tomorrow morning. I feel at a little bit of a loss not being able to get specific info from the organizer on the POA, but I'm sure it will be fine.

Thanks....it does help. I just wanted to post some info on our roll call before I leave tomorrow morning. I feel at a little bit of a loss not being able to get specific info from the organizer on the POA, but I'm sure it will be fine.

If you are going to post information on your Roll Call, remind people that this considered a private function and therefore it will NOT be listed in The Freestyle Daily as a scheduled event.

Have a great cruise.

Mandy

I did attend a meet and greet on the POA. It was a small roll call, and only 10 people attended the meet and greet. THey had some drinks and some finger desserts. There were a few officers there, the one that stayed the longest was the hotel manager (I am not sure if that is the right title. It was held in the library, I think on the first day. ENjoy your cruise!!!!

I hosted our M&G on the POA a few years back. Our RC was extremely low in numbers (if I remember correctly it was about 14). I really wasn't going to do one but we had several first time cruisers that read about the M&Gs and really "begged" to have one. :)

I had little "reminders" made up for our group and hand delivered them to their rooms. Amazed that everyone showed and what a great group we were!

Since this was done just prior to sail-a-way but after muster (if my memory serves me correctly) only a few of the staff attended. The usual coffee, tea, juice, cookies were put out.

Because we were such a small group, the coordinator at the time, invited all of us to dine with the Officers. We all were invited to the champagne sail-a-way from Kauai as well. What a treat!!!! ;)

Things are done differently on the POA but it turned out to be a memorable Meet & Greet! Enjoy and don't "sweat" it!!! :D

We're on the Dec 5 cruse, and one member of our roll call tried to get something scheduled with the ship. They gave us 11AM on the 1st day in Maui.

Since most of us are going to ashore, we set up our own "unofficial" M&G for before the muster drill. We'll see what happens.

I set up our meet & greet on POA this past April. When I arranged it I requested to have it on embarkation day at 3:30 because there were no sea days this was right before the muster drill. There were only 10 in our group and I worried that several would not show up but everyone did. We were asked to sign in with our cabin number. I also received a invitation to the champagne sail-away of the Kauai coast and some goodies were delivered to our cabin. All the officers with the exception of the captain attended along with the cruise director, there was coffee, tea, juices and several different kinds of cookies. For such a small group I think they did a fabulous job

We're on the Dec 5 cruse, and one member of our roll call tried to get something scheduled with the ship. They gave us 11AM on the 1st day in Maui.

Since most of us are going to ashore, we set up our own "unofficial" M&G for before the muster drill. We'll see what happens.

Did you email the event coordinator and ask that the date/time be changed to before the muster drill? They might make the change.

I checked out your roll call I see you have it all under control. Have a wonderful cruise!

Edited by Lorey2007

On our POA trip, we had an excursion the Saturday morning of embarkation, so did not get on the ship until after 2pm. The M&G was called for 3:30pm in the card room. We rushed our way through lunch at the buffet instead of a nice relaxed one in the MDR. We just managed to make it on time and were only the second couple there out of about 20 people who said they would come. Even the arranger of the M&G was late. It was embarrassing having the officers standing there with hardly anyone present. Eventually maybe 10 people showed up. I remember them having only juice and cookies.

I organized a M & G on the POA several years ago. The Group Services Coordinator on board called me in the afternoon (after lunch) to confirm and let me know the location had changed. We had a really good turn out so they moved us to a larger space. The Captain and key officers were all there. As others have noted, there were cookies and juice/tea/coffee/water set out. Ours was held after the muster drill and before sail away and dinner reservations. We also received the invitation to the bow sail away from Kauai. Don't miss it if you receive an invitation.

Have a great cruise.

I organized a M & G on the POA several years ago. The Group Services Coordinator on board called me in the afternoon (after lunch) to confirm and let me know the location had changed. We had a really good turn out so they moved us to a larger space. The Captain and key officers were all there. As others have noted, there were cookies and juice/tea/coffee/water set out. Ours was held after the muster drill and before sail away and dinner reservations. We also received the invitation to the bow sail away from Kauai. Don't miss it if you receive an invitation.

Have a great cruise.

We were there for that, you did a great job. The location was changed a couple of times due to the large number. We even got a couple of free drinks.

The sail away from Kauai was great. There was a veteran on shore who saluted the ship with a bugle and the Captain returned the salute with the ships horn.

We were there for that, you did a great job. The location was changed a couple of times due to the large number. We even got a couple of free drinks.

The sail away from Kauai was great. There was a veteran on shore who saluted the ship with a bugle and the Captain returned the salute with the ships horn.

Thanks Bryan. That was a fun one and the only NCL Meet & Greet I've been to that served free drinks. That bar has since been replaced with suites I've heard and the POA is scheduled for another dry dock in San Francisco this March. The cruise back to Hawaii would be great, but we like you are South America bound at that time.

Thanks Bryan. That was a fun one and the only NCL Meet & Greet I've been to that served free drinks. That bar has since been replaced with suites I've heard and the POA is scheduled for another dry dock in San Francisco this March. The cruise back to Hawaii would be great, but we like you are South America bound at that time.

Too bad the bar is gone but I guess its the way it had to be. I do not think the observation lounge on the Sun will be replaced but who knows, it is a relatively small space and would not create a lot of suites.

We are looking forward to South America, some of the tours are a little pricey, cannot travel all that way and not see the country though, may never be back.

We have been checking out the Galapagos Island for the last few years but have not made any decisions.

Bryan

On our 2013 Pride of America cruise, everyone who showed up at our January Meet 'n Greet had Chocolate Covered Strawberries sent to their cabin by NCL. What a nice show of appreciation! On the last full day of the cruise, our roll call had a debriefing with NCL officers. They were anxious to get feed back on the cruise. Is it still like that on the POA?

• 2 weeks later...
On our 2013 Pride of America cruise, everyone who showed up at our January Meet 'n Greet had Chocolate Covered Strawberries sent to their cabin by NCL. What a nice show of appreciation! On the last full day of the cruise, our roll call had a debriefing with NCL officers. They were anxious to get feed back on the cruise. Is it still like that on the POA?

MSUcruisers--I can't speak for everyone who attended our M&G, but as the organizer, I did receive chocolate covered strawberries/pineapple on 2 occasions, a bottle of wine, and we also were invited to dinner with the Hotel Director and some other staff. There was no post M&G invitation to get our feedback.