Caribbean cruise voucher??

johnrobert57

I have an employee who is retiring soon. She loves Celebrity. Does anyone know if its possible to purchase from Celebrity 2 vouchers for a future cruise if you don't know the specific dates they will be used? Could I purchase the vouchers and make up any difference later when they choose their specific cruise? Want to pay for it this year for company tax reasons. Thanks

I'm sure this can be done! You would probably need to purchase the vouchers in a certain $$ amount that would then be applied to the specific cruise chosen. Not sure how you would handle the $ difference once a cruise is selected. Why not try calling Captain's Club @ 800-760-0654. I'm sure someone there can help you or at least get an answer for you.

What a nice gesture on your part! Hope it works out.

Edited by gimletgal

Sooooo.......I'm thinking of retiring soon. Any chance you might have an extra certificate you'd like to hand out? [emoji13]

In all seriousness. Good on you. It's nice to see how much you value your employees.

Another way may be just to let her know that you will purchase an x amount of day cruise and for her to pick it out. You can then pay in full.

Don't forget that there is the BBB pricing structure as well to take into account.

What a great gift!! Suggest calling Celebrity and tell them what you want to do. I'm sure they can work with you so that the recipients will get what they want. If nothing else, you can estimate an amount and simply purchase a gift certificate for that amount to be used on any future cruise.

Thanks everyone for the input. I'll give Celebrity a shout. This is complicated because of the tax issue, grossing up her salary to account for the gift, etc. Gotta love the red tape.

She has been a great employee and am happy we are in a position to recognize her efforts. Next step.....I need to try Celebrity. Been a loyal RCCL person and Diamond member. Need to think of branching out!!