When are Guarantee cabins usually allocated?

they wont downgrade you but you can be moved again but if your happy with your cabin location ring your TA and ask not be moved again

But if I do that I won't get a suite! :D:p Gosh it's easy to become greedy....

But seriously - really wondering now if should just leave it to chance (as long as they definitely won't downgrade), or call and ask to stay where I am?

But if I do that I won't get a suite! :D:p Gosh it's easy to become greedy....

But seriously - really wondering now if should just leave it to chance (as long as they definitely won't downgrade), or call and ask to stay where I am?

Hi Cassie, the hump cabins are in a great position and bigger balcony:). I would stay there.

You won't be downgraded so I would leave it and see if they do offer you an upgrade closer to your sailing date.

Have a great time - and have a Martini for me - I'll be there with you in spirit:D

Cheers

Di

Hi Cassie, the hump cabins are in a great position and bigger balcony:). I would stay there.

You won't be downgraded so I would leave it and see if they do offer you an upgrade closer to your sailing date.

Have a great time - and have a Martini for me - I'll be there with you in spirit:D

Cheers

Di

Thanks Di

Pity you're not on this one too, would be lovely to have a Martini WITH you.

Please correct if wrong but it seems from the replies the later the allocation the better the cabin. If this is correct please gives my cabin number as I step aboard the ship lol. Seriously tho can someone confirm what the agent told us when booking...... Obstructed view cabins on Carnival spirit are only obstructed to rail height. We booked this cruise at a cruise expo so didn't use our regular agent and having never cruised on this class before have had to take the agents word.lets face it carnivals promo pics of obstructed views are going to be taken in the least obstructed cabin, commercial sense dictates this.

Please correct if wrong but it seems from the replies the later the allocation the better the cabin. If this is correct please gives my cabin number as I step aboard the ship lol. Seriously tho can someone confirm what the agent told us when booking...... Obstructed view cabins on Carnival spirit are only obstructed to rail height. We booked this cruise at a cruise expo so didn't use our regular agent and having never cruised on this class before have had to take the agents word.lets face it carnivals promo pics of obstructed views are going to be taken in the least obstructed cabin, commercial sense dictates this.

That was my theory too from the replies that I got, but then I suddenly got allocated a fantastic cabin and our cruise is only in April 2016. I booked about 3 weeks ago. So that disproves that theory in my case. From what I've read, they can allocate right up till check in, but it's more likely to be much earlier.

Can't help with your Carnival query but fingers crossed for you for a good allocation too!

Back in July 2014 we booked our Xmas cruise on Explorer for 2015. We received our cabin allocation within 3 weeks.:)

Gosh that's waaay ahead of time. I would have thought they would allocate closer to the cruise once they see what cabins are left but obviously that's not how it works at all. Has your cabin remained the same all this time?

Gosh that's waaay ahead of time. I would have thought they would allocate closer to the cruise once they see what cabins are left but obviously that's not how it works at all. Has your cabin remained the same all this time?

Yes, i was very surprised myself. It was the first time we had booked a guaranteed cabin, so assumed it would take a lot longer. We had booked a guaranteed suite & my sister also booked a guaranteed balcony at the same time & she was also allocated hers at the same time as us. Both of our cabins have remained unchanged.

We got our allocation for our cruise on Carnival Spirit on Monday night, 126 days out - deck 5 aft interior.

We booked three months ago on their last 72-hour sale and another one started yesterday morning so I suspect they were allocating at least their paid-in-full guarantee cabins to see exactly what they had available. For example, I noticed that in the new sale they don't have interior guarantees for our particular sailing.

Really seems to be straight away, close to sailing and everything in between. This is my first time doing guarantee, and I wonder why I've never done it before! I've always booked specific cabins and paid more. But then I got a good allocation this time, I may not feel this way if I hadn't :rolleyes:.

I've been posting on a similar thread on another board, and someone there posted yesterday that they booked an interior guarantee and just got their allocation - a Concierge balcony! Totally lucked out. I guess if you are prepared for the lowest level you've booked it's totally worth doing. Hardest part is waiting.

We got our allocation for our cruise on Carnival Spirit on Monday night, 126 days out - deck 5 aft interior.

We booked three months ago on their last 72-hour sale and another one started yesterday morning so I suspect they were allocating at least their paid-in-full guarantee cabins to see exactly what they had available. For example, I noticed that in the new sale they don't have interior guarantees for our particular sailing.

I booked my daughters January carnival legend cruise in September, she too was allocated on Monday night. Final payment was due Monday. We booked two balcony guarantees (the other for her friends)and received deck 8 forward, two cabins next to each other, on the jut out, very happy, was expecting an obstructed cabin and potentially in two different locations.

I agree I think they allocated because final payment was paid.

Hi. Just home from Golden Princess & were allotted our cabin 3days before, We were 12 from the front on caribe deck port side. It was great. Suexxx

Seems to prove my theory that Princess allocates close to sailing.

How was Golden Princess? Especially in comparison to Radiance of the seas?

Edited by Cassicruiser

G'ty interior worst can be a Q cabin that have the double bed jammed up against the wall on one side (not enough room for 2 bedside tables) This happebed to us on RCCL....nothing worse than climbing over SWIMBO, or trying to get out from under and then shuffle down the bed on your bum to get up.

If you can get your TA to guarantee a cat.N inside G'ty. ..would be a good idea...we have one booked on Explorer next April. ..booked 2 mths ago with no allocation yet.

G'ty interior worst can be a Q cabin that have the double bed jammed up against the wall on one side (not enough room for 2 bedside tables) This happebed to us on RCCL....nothing worse than climbing over SWIMBO, or trying to get out from under and then shuffle down the bed on your bum to get up.

If you can get your TA to guarantee a cat.N inside G'ty. ..would be a good idea...we have one booked on Explorer next April. ..booked 2 mths ago with no allocation yet.

I think it's only Royal that have those Q grade cabins - your description is very entertaining :D but I agree, I wouldn't be happy! I have to ask - SWIMBO?

My New Zealand cruise is booked for Feb 11th 2016' I paid for the trip in full 2 months ago, I'm in an interior room deck 11 Baja deck on the Golden Princess

Going on my own,but the cost was basically double

Wondering if I would have a good chance of an upgrade??

Wondering how they pick which people to upgrade etc..

And do you get an email saying they have upgraded you, or do you get told on the ship!?

My New Zealand cruise is booked for Feb 11th 2016' I paid for the trip in full 2 months ago, I'm in an interior room deck 11 Baja deck on the Golden Princess

Going on my own,but the cost was basically double

Wondering if I would have a good chance of an upgrade??

Wondering how they pick which people to upgrade etc..

And do you get an email saying they have upgraded you, or do you get told on the ship!?

with upgrades anything is possible but remember if you leave yourself open for upgrades you can end up anywhere and you may not know until you check in....if you like your cabin location now you can ring your booking agent and say no upgrades but that is only a request because any one can be moved for operational reasons

if you booked with a TA they could email you about any upgrades but you would find out thru the personalizer