Would This Happen On Celebrity??????

JNLROSE

:eek: Over on the RCCL board is a thread for a "slightly upset" mother about having her 7 day cruise extended to 10 by RCCL due to Rita! Definitely worth a read Celebrity fans! :D

Do you really think this happened & would it happen on one of "our" ships??? ;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=236734

Just read the post you refer to - I wasn't aware that psychiatric hospitals periodically release their most dangerous patients for purposes of allowing them to cruise.

That crazy lady would perform a great public service if she were to post her plans for all future cruises on which she and her children will be sailing. That way the rest of us who still have a hold on our sanity will be able to book elsewhere!

Just read the post you refer to - I wasn't aware that psychiatric hospitals periodically release their most dangerous patients for purposes of allowing them to cruise.

That crazy lady would perform a great public service if she were to post her plans for all future cruises on which she and her children will be sailing. That way the rest of us who still have a hold on our sanity will be able to book elsewhere!

That would keep the ships sailing empty.

WOW!!!

I would jump at a chance to get 3 free days - but I'm not sure what happened there -

reminds me of the "old days" when Ann Landers talked about the letters she received that were from college sororoties / fraternities - way too much time on their hands.:rolleyes:

too many days to cruise heaven:cool:

Some sailings were extended. It has happened before.

I would love to have my cruises extended!! for free!!!!

Slightly off topic here, but I was on Century last September when Jeanne hit and our cruise was extended by 2 extra nights. We were thrilled, but there were a lot of people complaining & demanding compensation!:eek:

Terri

Hi Everyone !

One of the perks of being a Host, is that I still have access to the thread. I must tell you, that I havent stopped laughing yet. It is classic :)

To the original poster on this thread, who asked if it could happen.... of course, the answer is yes. There can always be reasons (mostly weather related) as to why a Cruise is extended.

I am sure there can be reasons why people may not want extra Cruise days... perhaps you have to get back to work, or to family.... but I surely am not one of them. If any Cruise line wanted to extend MY Cruise for a few days, I would be VERY happy about it.

Can you imagine someone wanting to be compensated for EXTRA Cruise days... that they arent paying for ? Unbelieveable.

We managed to get her banned pretty quickly after she started using words that my mother taught me not to use in polite company.

She wasn't complaining about the 3 extra days. She was talking about setting up revenge websites against other passengers on her sailing. And questioning the parenting skills of everybody on the thread. It got really interesting when she started asking where other posters lived so she could go beat them up, this after referring to all of us on the boards as trailer trash.

Hi Everyone !

One of the perks of being a Host, is that I still have access to the thread. I must tell you, that I havent stopped laughing yet. It is classic :)

To the original poster on this thread, who asked if it could happen.... of course, the answer is yes. There can always be reasons (mostly weather related) as to why a Cruise is extended.

I am sure there can be reasons why people may not want extra Cruise days... perhaps you have to get back to work, or to family.... but I surely am not one of them. If any Cruise line wanted to extend MY Cruise for a few days, I would be VERY happy about it.

Can you imagine someone wanting to be compensated for EXTRA Cruise days... that they arent paying for ? Unbelieveable.

That's not fare. How do I become a host so I can read threads that get poofed? I guess I missed some fun.

Hi Everyone !

Maybe you Hosts should put together a CD of collected classics. You could call it "Poof!" Sell it on this site and donate the proceeds to hurricane relief. We'll have enough to rebuild NO in a hurry.

I read the storm area on Celebrity's and RCCL's websites (they pop up on the main page during periods of foul weather) and there was a ship that returned to port three days late due to Rita. I immediately sent the post to my partner with a "wouldn't it be great if this happened to us" sort of tone.

My feeling is, you cruise in hurricane season, you get a cheaper rate and you take the chance that your dates might be upset. I just hope that our cruise on Freedom of the Seas next year is extended due to weather and not shortened!

Host Andy, I am the original poster here & what I wondered about happening on Celebrity wasn't that a cruise could be extended---THAT would be wonderful IMHO---but the revenge sites, vomit-spewing kids with a mother like THAT on board!!! THAT would scare the pants of anyone I would think! :D

Archived