Bed & Breakfast suggestions

oceanlovinmama

Next August I am in need of a couple of nights lodging. There are 6 of us and we would prefer to stay in a B & B only because of friendliness, breakfasts, usually location is better...etc. 1st night I'm thinking of Turnagain Arm, just a bit south of Anchorage. 2nd night we are staying in Cooper Landing at Princess Wilderness Lodge (cool setting & fair price) the 3rd and 4th night I would like to be more in the Seward area. Saw Bell in the Wood and Bear Lake....both have pros and cons. Anybody with other suggestions or validations please help me figure this out!

Girdwood and Cooper Landing are only an hour apart. What are you doing there? Only significant reason to be there is for fishing. You have no interest in Homer? Do you have activities chosen, know what you are doing in these locations?

We stayed at Bear's Den B&B in Seward for two nights in July. Clean and comfortable accommodations, three different units, lovely owner and long-time resident (Shari). Located near a Safeway with Starbucks and super close to town.

We had Den 1, which is the upstairs unit and the only one with any kind of view. There were only two of us, but the unit could sleep up to six.

They don't do hot breakfast but they stock the units with muffins, bagels, coffee, juice, etc.

http://www.bearsdenalaska.com

Getting into Anchorage later the first day that's why the turnagain area. Was going to do the tram and walk on a glacier at Alyeska before heading to Cooper Landing. Hanging there the evening and doing a river float the next day. Would like Homer but seemed farther to go, and drive back to Seward would be long, plus I thought it was all just fishing area as well. There seemed to be a lot to do in the Seward area and we would be closer to getting in the ship.

For the Girdwood area, we'd recommend the Hidden Creek B&B. It is a lovely private home - with the guest rooms (only three, I think) being on the ground floor with a comfortable common area (fire place, sofa, chairs, Alaskan memorabilia/library) along with a pantry/microwave/mini fridge stocked with a Kuerig machine and a selection of coffes/teas, microwave popcorn, snacks, etc. There is also a laundry room for guest use, and a patio with a hot tub set in a forested area. The individual guest rooms are luxorious, with thick, fluffy robes and slippers for your use, heated floors, comfortable beds, a seating area, table and chairs, internet access, large closets, and a spa-like bathroom to die for. Breakfast is upstairs in the host's private quarters with printed menus that have a large selection of your made-to-order breakfast items. The hosts are personable and friendly, while being unobtrusive. Over breakfast, where they waited on us hand and food, they shared their stories of life in Alaska, and we enjoyed spending time with their sweet dog, as we were mising our own furry daughter by this point in the trip.

We are not normally B&B people, we prefer renting cabins for our stays when in Alaska. But we really enjoyed this place for the privacy it offered, and a bit of luxury in the midst of our busy travels from the Denali and Matsu area on our way to Homer where we had rented a cabin for a week. This B&B provided a nice one night respite from the hustle bustle and we felt the price was fair.

Thanks. Hidden Creek looks great but they have a 2 night minimum and we only need one night for that area. We are looking for 2 nights a little south of there though.

We booked one night with them, due to it being during the week. They are very responsive to email, if you want to check. [emoji4]