LIVE from Regal Princess, sailing November 3rd!

BugsyCruiser

Okay friends I have some time here so let's start with the food. Quality was excellent. The food was delicious. The word is out on Alfredo's for lunch on embarkation day as the place was packed on both the beginning of the 5 night and 7 night sailing. The pizza is outstanding there and far outshines what is offered at Prego up on the pool deck.

Very impressed with the Horizon Court buffet. Quality, selection, and service was great. I ate there a few times which says a lot since I am not a buffet person typically. I like the idea of going to the Mongolian BBQ station and you tell the chef what you want and how you want it prepared and you are given a ticket to give to your waiter who then brings it to your table, this also applies at breakfast when ordering an omelette. Plus your waiter takes and brings you your drink order. This eliminates crowding. I wish more buffets did this.

Crab Shack dinner: best value for a "specialty" dinner. An absolute steal for 20 dollars but remember to go hungry! The amount of food given was unbelievable.

Sabatini's and Crown Grill both very good. Steaks are excellent at Crown Grill.

Main Dining Room. Anytime dining seemed to work very well for me. I did not dine in the MDR every night but when I did I didn't experience a long wait for a table. Only night I would not go is Italian night as I found the choices rather bland. Just wasn't impressed.

One place I would not go to again is Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar. My meal was good there but when I read about sushi I was expecting a huge selection of rolls. It was disappointing to see such a small selection. Just again my opinion but I wouldn't go there again

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk

Edited by Bugsy4271

One place I would not go to again is Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar. My meal was good there but when I read about sushi I was expecting a huge selection of rolls. It was disappointing to see such a small selection. Just again my opinion but I wouldn't go there again

That's a shame. I've seen pictures showing what you described but I always just thought maybe they had a bigger selection not shown in the pictures. Oh well, sounds like there were plenty of other options to choose from that more than satisfied your needs.

I'm not surprised by your statement about Alfredo's during Embarkation. Every review I read someone says "you have to try Alfredo's on Embarkation day". I knew sooner or later that would be the situation (packed on the first day) maybe we will try the MDR instead.

Three weeks and we get to see for ourselves.

Thanks Chris for the effort you put into this live review.

Does anyone have the menu for Italian night in Athens MDR as I can't recall what was on the menu.

Thanks

Sea ya

Chris,

Didn't want to quote all the pictures of the menu that you posted but I LOVE that you posted the desserts first! :D

Priorities!!!! :D

You are evil Chris ---- desserts first!!!! Then I see they had Penne Arrabbriata - a favorite choice for me in Italian restaurants. Not a fan of the mild versions. If it's on a menu - it should be 'spicy'. :)

Edited by jaspercat

Too bad the word is out on Alfredos for embarkation day lunch. On both of our cruises on the Royal and the Regal we dined at Alfredos for lunch and both times there were many tables available. Oh well, word travels, blame cruise critic!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Chris

We always order most the sides ask for the Chilean sea bass as an aptz

Enjoy we always go on our last night of our cruise

Enjoy your dinner

Rick g

Did you know that there really is no fish called a Chilean Sea Bass? It is actually called the Pategonian Toothfish and is not fished in sustainable ways.

Did you know that there really is no fish called a Chilean Sea Bass? It is actually called the Pategonian Toothfish and is not fished in sustainable ways.

Your info is faulty. Check link below. If making such statements please provide supporting data.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patagonian_toothfish

Edited by Sturmin

Hello friends! I have my second load of laundry in so I thought I would reflect and grade a little more:

ENTERTAINMENT

Entertainment is great and I did not see every show. Princess Live is a great venue and has fun audience participation shows(The Marriage Match Game show is not to be missed). The main theater has plenty of seating but watch where you sit in the first few rows... some seats at the end do not have good views of the stage.

The comedians were great although I was rather disappointed by Phil Tag's late show on Friday in the Vista Lounge. It was rather tired and almost like he rehashed his stuff from the clean version and just made it sound a little dirtier.

The Piazza provides lots of great entertainment but use caution... if you book a cabin near the elevators(especially interior) and go to bed early the band that plays till midnight will be rather loud.

The fountain show is nice up on the pool deck but not very long. Maybe 25 minutes each night.

Believe it or not one of the most entertaining shows during the day is the juggling act the bartenders put on at the Sea View Bar. It is a lot of fun and not to be missed.

Good morning friends! Trying to finish this review up... who knew one could have so much laundry to do after a cruise :p :eek:

BARS AND BAR SERVICE

I did not visit every bar on this ship but at the ones I did I found very nice selection of drinks and reasonable(for a cruise) pricing.

Sea View and Crooners were my top two. They also had the best service in my opinion. If Miguel, Franz, and Manu are working at Sea View, you will not be disappointed. They are the best bartenders on the ship IMHO.

Crooners has a excellent selection of martinis, especially in the chocolate category :D

Hi Chris,

Thanks so much for taking the time on your cruise for the "Live Review". All your pictures were great, as were your commentaries. We haven't sailed on Princess in quite a while, but after reading this review, I may look into a future sailing more seriously.

Hope you enjoyed yourself on your 12 days aboard Regal Princess, you certainly deserve it.

Well, my friend, you take care & hope to see you on the high seas somewhere down the road!!

Barbara