Drink package - per day

Never done the drink packages before, but the ultimate one I think $62 a day is what we are doing. We just want it 4 days of the cruise. Now I saw( on another site not CC) that you have to book for the whole cruise.

Does anyone know anything about that?

It is my understanding that there has to be at least 4 days "left" on the cruise to purchase the package. ( assuming you are talking about a 7+ day cruise)

You cannot pick which four days you want.....

Edited by GTO-Girl

You can't pick & choose days to have the drink package and days to not use it. You don't have to do it for the entire cruise, but you do have to do it from the day you decide to purchase it until the end of the cruise. So you could wait until the 3rd day to purchase it but you'd have the drink package from that point until you disembarked and you'd only be charged for the days you had the drink package (no credit for partial days).

Never done the drink packages before, but the ultimate one I think $62 a day is what we are doing. We just want it 4 days of the cruise. Now I saw( on another site not CC) that you have to book for the whole cruise.

Does anyone know anything about that?

If you book online it must be for the whole cruise. If you wait until you are onboard you can get the package on any day as long as there are at least 4 days remaining in the cruise.

You can't pick & choose days to have the drink package and days to not use it. You don't have to do it for the entire cruise, but you do have to do it from the day you decide to purchase it until the end of the cruise. So you could wait until the 3rd day to purchase it but you'd have the drink package from that point until you disembarked and you'd only be charged for the days you had the drink package (no credit for partial days).

Oh, ok. that explains the confusion. I had wanted to do day 2 through 5, and that is where I was being told "no". So based upon your good info, we could place order on-board on 3rd day, and pay for 5 days (remainder of cruise).

So what about disembark day? Do we pay for that also?

Are you limited to the amount of drinks per day on the packages

Not a limit per day, no. There is a time limit of 10 minutes, I believe, between transactions...but we never ran into a problem. So you cannot order two drinks at once...but you ARE allowed to order an alcoholic drink and a bottle of water together. We did that often.

We also waited until Day 4 to purchase our package. It worked out best because our port stops were at the front of our cruise, and our sea days were at the back end of the cruise. We came out ahead doing it this way, as we were off the ship and would not have used the package on port days.

Oh, ok. that explains the confusion. I had wanted to do day 2 through 5, and that is where I was being told "no". So based upon your good info, we could place order on-board on 3rd day, and pay for 5 days (remainder of cruise).

If you are on a 7 day/night cruise and start the drink package on the 3rd day you will pay for 5 days/nights total.

Nope, of course they do have the right to cut you off if you appear overly intoxicated. Have seen them do so.

No you don't pay for disembark day, as that day isn't counted. Day one is embarkation day.

I answered above. No, there is no limit per day. There IS a time limit between transactions, I believe 10 minutes. About enough time to drink a drink, and want another.