Current Concierges continued discussion

Just received this email from RCI yesterday.

Dear Linda:

As a Diamond Plus member, you'll receive exclusive benefits and privileges on your upcoming voyage, including:

• Priority Check In & Complimentary Water: Enjoy priority boarding & two bottles of complimentary water in your stateroom upon arrival.

• Onboard Offers: Be sure to reference the Welcome Letter in your stateroom on embarkation day to view the great onboard offers for shopping; VitalitySM Day Spa, Internet Café, and other activities.

Lounge Access: Enjoy exclusive access to the Diamond Club where you can relax and mingle with other Crown & Anchor Society members.

• Nightly Happy Hour: Enjoy three complimentary drink vouchers during the nightly happy hour (times vary by ship).

Not saying it's not true, but I'm curious if the onboard experience will be different. I've seen too many inaccurate and poorly worded communications from Royal.

On board IOS now. There still is CL and we (D+) do have access. I forgot how small and dark it is. Diamond lounge door sign reads d and D+, no children allowed after 5 pm.

This a four day cruise, we have 8 bottles of complimentary water. Wow. We had the 2 snack packs. My daughter had her gift, coke but missing my beer.

We made our D+ free dinner in giovannis for 2nd night with no problem.

It was the quickest and smoothest checkin ever. So quick we could barely keep up. We arrive at port at noon. Wj was very crowded. Best food on rci we've had in years. Even their honey stung chicken is good again.

On board IOS now. There still is CL and we (D+) do have access. I forgot how small and dark it is. Diamond lounge door sign reads d and D+, no children allowed after 5 pm.

This a four day cruise, we have 8 bottles of complimentary water. Wow. We had the 2 snack packs. My daughter had her gift, coke but missing my beer.

It was the quickest and smoothest checkin ever. So quick we could barely keep up. We arrive at port at noon. Wj was very crowded. Best food on rci we've had in years. Even their honey stung chicken is good again.

Wow, they had HS Chicken in WJ? Now that is something we have not seen in a while.

On board the Explorer now and after some mix up, JD is actually the Diamond Concierge at the moment, not Suite Concierge. I will keep you posted.

BIG news is JD will be returning to the Radiance on 7th July :D:D:D

When we got to our room there was a letter saying:

Our exclusive lounge is open to guests 18 years of age and older only, no minors are allowed in the lounge.. This was enforced on night one:)

Cheers

Di

On board the Explorer now and after some mix up, JD is actually the Diamond Concierge at the moment, not Suite Concierge. I will keep you posted.

BIG news is JD will be returning to the Radiance on 7th July :D:D:D

When we got to our room there was a letter saying:

Our exclusive lounge is open to guests 18 years of age and older only, no minors are allowed in the lounge.. This was enforced on night one:)

Cheers

Di

Was it the CL or the DL that the letter restricted access to by age?

If you get a chance, can you ask JD if he will be on the Radiance for the Hawaii to Vancouver run in May of '17?

I will do but I don't think he knows just yet.

I will say that JD loves doing the Crossing;):).

We are on board until 16 May so hopefully things will become clearer by then but I will let you know.

Cheers

Di

On Freedom in Feb the honey stung chicken was only on the room service menu. Same setup with the DL & CL. Do you mean the buy 1 get 1 at Giovanni?

On board Anthem and Dionne Sara Jolly is in the CL and joined the ship on March 27th and will be here until August. Filip Mirkovic is also in the CL and will try to find out when he goes on vacation.

Dionne has the best functioning coffee machine! She really takes care of them.:)

On board Anthem and Dionne Sara Jolly is in the CL and joined the ship on March 27th and will be here until August. Filip Mirkovic is also in the CL and will try to find out when he goes on vacation.

Any talk about the CL becoming a SL?

I also saw the Honey Stung Chicken in the Windjammer on the Indy. It is nothing like they used to have though, and the Indy is the only ship I have seen it on.

I agree, I don't think they make it on the ship anymore. It tastes like it was frozen and just heated up. Not worth it anymore.

I agree, I don't think they make it on the ship anymore. It tastes like it was frozen and just heated up. Not worth it anymore.

We ordered it from room service on RH and the crust was dark and granular. Not even what I remember.

It's been years since I've been on the Brilliance (And I'm on next week). How are Charmaine and Rafael as concierges? either one more helpful then the other?

Haven't heard much about either in the last several posts.

Hi, just come back from BR today, and Charmaine and Rafael are doing a great job!!!

We knew both from previous cruises and very happy about their services!!

Someone else will be on the Diamond Lounge, for the crossing! Rafael's going home!!!

Hope this help!!!

We just got back from the Serenade of the Seas 10 night sailing. We went to the Diamond lounge 3 or 4 times and never once saw the concierge. I believe his name was Francis. It was pretty crowded, so we didn't go there too often.