Reaching Platinum During Cruise...

landlady1952

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardex View Post

Where was it mentioned? I was also on the 10/19 sailing and the tour was held on that sailing. I went to talk to the cruise consultant and got into the line for the tour by mistake.

Quote:

Originally Posted by casofilia View Post

What was the source of this please? Are you able to confirm the rumour?

Mike

See post 379 of the Epic Refurbishment thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...262317&page=19

The statement there is hardly "cancelling" all behind the scenes tours, it is quite specific about why that specific tour was cancelled.

On the 19 Oct voyage, they cancelled the Latitudes and ShoreEx paid behind the scenes tours. they said that there was still refurbishment work going on and lots of materials in the crew areas and for safety reasons they were not running tours (despite the advertisements).

Mike

I heard 250 points earns a world atlas.

A coffee table size book ?

Something Rand McNally gives out as a promo ?

A small softball globe size bronze piece like a little statue of Liberty ?

I would suppose that it is a bit early to request accommodations at the Captain's table oh with the Captain of course ?

To get to 250 points may take 10 or more cruises in a suite booked 9 months

out with Latitudes award points.

Still that is a significant investment in travel to be rewarded so richly ! TiC (Tongue in Cheek)

To get to 250 points may take 10 or more cruises in a suite booked 9 months

out with Latitudes award points.

Still that is a significant investment in travel to be rewarded so richly ! TiC (Tongue in Cheek)

Only 3 cruises!! 250 points/3 points/night =84 nights. 1 point per night; 1 point per night paid 9m in advance; 1 point per night in a suite or Haven. And don't forget Insider Offers.

Had you booked early enough then this could have been #1.

34 days South America & Mexico from Buenos Aires (Mar 2016) {OR #1 35 days as a B2B in April 2017.}

#2 could have been a B2B for 41 days from Istanbul to Singapore via Dubai. (Oct 2016)

That would just have left 8 or 9 days for a #3; there are plenty of those!!

Even more TiC

Mike

This is absolute nonsense.

I has on the Epic last week. I dined for free at LeBistro and Moderno. I received a bottle of wine at each and also the champagne on boarding.

In addition I had 2 deserts at LeBistro.

Before you say the one starter-one entree-one dessert is absolute nonsense, read the posts from people on Escape now. That is their experience for the Platinum dinner because of a la carte menu.

Since Le Bistro a la carte is going fleet wide in January, it is probable that this will be the new scenario for Platinum perk.

However, wine IS still part of the perk.

There is a lot of "hearsay" of what is going to happen to the Platinum Meal Perk after 1 January. I "know" some changes have been made already with the introduction of the new large ships and the "a la carte" change.

As I presume that NCL monitors these boards and will have seen the "hearsay" it would have been nice for them to have done a press release telling of the actual changes that WILL take place after 1 Jan.

Surely NCL is rich enough to employ someone to monitor the boards and give feedback that accurately covers any "hearsay".

So in addition to accurate feedback to this "hearsay" they could have accurately answered questions that appeared in another post; "How many did miss the Sun in San Diego?"

Mike

As I presume that NCL monitors these boards and will have seen the "hearsay" it would have been nice for them to have done a press release telling of the actual changes that WILL take place after 1 Jan.

They already did a press release about à la carte dining. They aren't going to do another one to explain to the world how the Platinum free dinner perk is going to work come January.

Surely NCL is rich enough to employ someone to monitor the boards and give feedback that accurately covers any "hearsay".

I don't know… remember how they fired their PR team last March? And I don't think they were ever very "hands on" about interacting with CC.

Only 3 cruises!! 250 points/3 points/night =84 nights. 1 point per night; 1 point per night paid 9m in advance; 1 point per night in a suite or Haven. And don't forget Insider Offers.

Had you booked early enough then this could have been #1.

34 days South America & Mexico from Buenos Aires (Mar 2016) {OR #1 35 days as a B2B in April 2017.}

#2 could have been a B2B for 41 days from Istanbul to Singapore via Dubai. (Oct 2016)

That would just have left 8 or 9 days for a #3; there are plenty of those!!

Even more TiC

Mike

Mike - point taken.

There are lots of mathematical ways to how this could be put together.

My thoughts were taking the average 7 day cruise for a base of 7 points

then a suite for 7 more and booked 9 months out for 7 more a total of 21.

Oh another 7 points could be added with a Latitudes offer provided you are

interested in what NCL offers. So go with 21 as an average. Starting at zero

it would take 11+ of these cruises to get to 250 or 8+ from platinum - 76.

Plus or minus a day here or there (not all cruises are 7 days).

Not booking a suite would mean more cruises to achieve the 250 point level.

Adding Latitudes Reward offerings would mean fewer.

Theoretically one could get to Platinum after the first cruise of 19 days booked

9 months out - in a suite - with a Latitudes offer and a base of 19.

19+19+19+19=76 *

* But one must have at least one cruise prior to this to initiate the Latitudes

Program.

Doing a B2B TA with a Baltic or Mediterranean extension or ship positioning

cruise plus a South America voyage are ways to fast track this to get to the

next level of Platinum recognition with 250 points (+/-) 76+174=250.

Another way is B2B Panama Canal 14 base 14 booking 14 suite = 42 x 2 = 84

8 points over Platinum.

All this to get a bottle of bubbly - chocolate strawberries an invitation to

a Captain's Latitudes cocktail party and a specialty dinner with wine on the house.

Oh and priority boarding tendering and disembarking.

Enjoy the Platinum Quest !

Edited by don't-use-real-name

• 3 months later...
As stated the points are not normally credited till the cruise has finished. However if you are doing B2B then it is "possible" to get the first points credited at the end of the first part of the cruise. You would have to "sweet talk" the onboard Latitudes person into doing it.

Mike

We became platinum on a B2B. We had been given two different booking numbers, one for each 7-day segment. Became platinum on first 7-day segment, and received platinum benefits on the next 7 days. Actually, it was a nice surprise.

We just got off the Star and are Platinum Latitudes and at both Le Bistro and LaCinina we could only pick one app, one entre, and one dessert. Of course if we wanted to pay extra we could have had more choices. Wine was still included and the wine list looked the same at befodre