Reaching Platinum During Cruise...

landlady1952

Thank you. Was hoping it was like Carnival where you get benefits during cruise if you change tiers during cruise. Oh well.

Probably every Platinum was a few days shy of Platinum on their last gold level cruise. Everyone had to wait. The only that it could happen during a cruise would be on a B2B for the second half if it was booked as two separate cruises.

Edited by drvalo

As stated the points are not normally credited till the cruise has finished. However if you are doing B2B then it is "possible" to get the first points credited at the end of the first part of the cruise. You would have to "sweet talk" the onboard Latitudes person into doing it.

Mike

Used to include a full meal at LaCucina, LeBistro or Moderno. I'm hearing now that Moderno is no longer included. Also hearing you are limited to a starter, entree and dessert. Also hearing the free bottle of wine is no longer included. This is what I'm reading on the boards.

Used to include a full meal at LaCucina, LeBistro or Moderno. I'm hearing now that Moderno is no longer included. Also hearing you are limited to a starter, entree and dessert. Also hearing the free bottle of wine is no longer included. This is what I'm reading on the boards.

MyNCL still has the following as part of the Platinum benefits:-

Complimentary Dinner for Two at Le Bistro with a Bottle of Wine

Complimentary "Behind the Scenes" Ship Tour

Complimentary Sparkling Wine in Your Stateroom

MyNCL has never said LaCucina or Moderno were available, only Le Bistro, but they were both available and on the "docket" <2 months ago. All wine was available then and is still being advertised as above.

Changes may be afoot with the new larger ships that are on "a la carte" especially because of the number of Platinum guests that are aboard.

Mike

MyNCL has never said LaCucina or Moderno were available, only Le Bistro, but they were both available and on the "docket" <2 months ago. All wine was available then and is still being advertised as above.

Changes may be afoot with the new larger ships that are on "a la carte" especially because of the number of Platinum guests that are aboard.

Mike

In the past, our dinner voucher has always said it could be used at either La Cucina or Le Bistro, and we have therefore used it sometimes at La Cucina.

On the Escape, because of a la carte, the Le Bistro Platinum voucher limits to ONE starter (appetizer OR soup OR salad), the entree, and ONE dessert. Anything additional is charged

So far as I know, the bottle of wine is still included.

I think that after January the Platinum Le Bistro meals on all the ships will have those limits. :(

Edited by NMLady

Mike

There have been reports of no behind scenes tour on Epic and Escape. Not sure whether permanent or not.

As stated the points are not normally credited till the cruise has finished. However if you are doing B2B then it is "possible" to get the first points credited at the end of the first part of the cruise. You would have to "sweet talk" the onboard Latitudes person into doing it.

Mike

No sweet talking required,he told me about it, was very easy to do.

That is good to hear. The poster who mentioned the Epic was on the 10/19 sailing.

Where was it mentioned? I was also on the 10/19 sailing and the tour was held on that sailing. I went to talk to the cruise consultant and got into the line for the tour by mistake.

It is so easy to achieve Platinum it is ridiculous.

Can be done in two or three cruises in a suite booked 9 months out using all

the double point factors.

But really getting Platinum is no big deal - every cruise day that goes by there

must be hundreds of cruisers getting that status.

Go to the Latitudes Appreciation parties and over half the people have got to

that plateau. The folks that just got their Bronze credentials are overwhelmed

by this being a minority. And going from Bronze to Gold bypassing Silver is

almost a given.

NCL needs to put in place more measurable steps to award the frequent cruiser.

After 76 points Platinum not much happens until one reaches 250 points

and that is a whole bunch more cruising.

LATITUDES REWARDS PROGRAM:

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards/rewards-points-and-benefits

Agreed that achieving the top tier on NCL Latitudes is by far the easiest of any cruise line loyalty program. Perhaps it is time for NCL to create a higher level, say around 200 credits ('Diamond'?).....and hopefully let Platinum keep what they already have, and add a couple of perks for the new level....

This is absolute nonsense.

I has on the Epic last week. I dined for free at LeBistro and Moderno. I received a bottle of wine at each and also the champagne on boarding.

In addition I had 2 deserts at LeBistro.

This is absolute nonsense.

I has on the Epic last week. I dined for free at LeBistro and Moderno. I received a bottle of wine at each and also the champagne on boarding.

In addition I had 2 deserts at LeBistro.

It is how it is on the Escape now apparently - the a la carte dining etc. (1 starter; 1 main; 1 dessert rule for platinum) is beimg trialled on theEscape and is supposed to be rolled out fleet-wide in January 2016.

BTW that 'stuff in a bottle' they give platinums is not champagne!

Where was it mentioned? I was also on the 10/19 sailing and the tour was held on that sailing. I went to talk to the cruise consultant and got into the line for the tour by mistake.

What was the source of this please? Are you able to confirm the rumour?

Mike

See post 379 of the Epic Refurbishment thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2262317&page=19