Oasis Of The Seas Vs Navigator Of The Seas

debbk

My DH and I are trying to decide between 7 nights on Oasis departing 30th April 2016 or Navigator for 8 nights leaving on the same date. Navigator is coming up a little cheaper and with an additional night. It will just be myself and DH going so not worried and activities for children in fact as it is just the two of us going the less children the better.

If anyone can kindly let me have their opinion which is the better cruise to choose as I'm going round in circles trying to decide.

Thank you

Debbie

My DH and I are trying to decide between 7 nights on Oasis departing 30th April 2016 or Navigator for 8 nights leaving on the same date. Navigator is coming up a little cheaper and with an additional night. It will just be myself and DH going so not worried and activities for children in fact as it is just the two of us going the less children the better.

If anyone can kindly let me have their opinion which is the better cruise to choose as I'm going round in circles trying to decide.

Thank you

Debbie

I would 100% go Navigator because of what I highlighted above.

Edited by Yorkvillain

We generally enjoy sun bathing during the day and a nice dinner followed by watching a show and listening to music in one of the bars in the evening.

I have been on Independence of The Seas last year and had a good cruise and Oasis of the Seas a few years ago although I don't know if I went at the wrong time but I did find it really busy and could hardly find a lounger during sea days so I am a little concerned about Oasis. Like I said it may have just been a busy time and this is not the norm.

Edited by debbk

Thank you

Debbie

There is no wrong answer, well if you cruise on Oasis that week, you would be cruising with me! Coming from England if you have the time the extra day would be nice to be on Navigator. BTW, we usually cruise this time of year because there are less kids. However Oasis is big enough that kids have their areas and there is enough to do that you usually can find a quiet place. I know Oasis is doing the Eastern itinerary that week, where is Navigator going? If you do pick Oasis, come join us in the roll call for that cruise.

Edited by BillOh

I like both ships with each having its own benefits. We go back and forth between Oasis/Allure and which ever ship happens to be doing the 8 night itinerary out of Ft. Lauderdale. We really enjoy the 8 nighters as it is a better itinerary than what Oasis/Allure sail and the extra day seems to make a big difference in the relaxation factor.

We would choose Navigator over Oasis any day.

We preferred the different bars and more seating areas on the Navigator, the fact you don't have to book show tickets/seats apart from ice show.

The windjammer area seemed much more spacious.

Even though there are less pools there was never any shortage of places to sit/lounge.

Loved the window on deck 11 to look into bridge on Navigator.

The Oasis beds were much softer but not sure if they had been changed during drydock as we sailed Transatlantic last year .Plus for Oasis.

Navigator beds were as hard as nails.

I can't comment regarding the Navigator of the Seas. The Oasis class ship can get busy during the holiday season, so it may be the case of give it another try. However, it is a case of which gives you the best experience. As you haven't experienced the shows and live music on the Navigstor, it may be a good option? Judging by your reply, I can only assume the ports are not a priority for you. Would that be a fair comment?

Just coming off Oasis and having been on Navigator, I'd say Navigator hands down for extra night and since you like the pool, I hated Oasis for the smaller pools and fewer loungers on both sides of each pool. Extra day on Navigator, no brainer for me. I didn't find Oasis relaxing at the pool.

t

Edited by depplep

I just feel as though on the biggest newest ships you pay a higher fare for the chance to be offered a bunch of options that incur an up charge. I pay more to be asked to pay more. If you aren't interested in all that extra stuff, and the traditional cruise experience is what you're after, the Navigator is the way to go. It is what I would choose.

The one exception to that is the entertainment. The various shows on the Allure are far and away superior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like both ships with each having its own benefits. We go back and forth between Oasis/Allure and which ever ship happens to be doing the 8 night itinerary out of Ft. Lauderdale. We really enjoy the 8 nighters as it is a better itinerary than what Oasis/Allure sail and the extra day seems to make a big difference in the relaxation factor.

We have cruised Allure and enjoyed it a great deal...but for us the Freedom or Voyager class with the single hull, works just fine and is a wonderful size ship.....I can perfectly enjoy the Promenade on a Freedom or Voyager class, without the need for the Boardwalk or Central Park areas. Give me that extra day, and have it cost a little less, as the OP says....and Navigator it would be.

Our very first cruise was on Navigator and we are finally getting the chance to sail on her again, now that she is returning to Port Everglades, alas only for 6 nights. We have sailed on Independence and Liberty from the Freedom class.

My DH and I returned a week ago from a cruise on Navigator. That ship has some issues. The food was not very good in the dining room and the entertainment was definitely lacking. I heard that the previous Captain that just left was not very good. Most nights there was only one show in the theater and we didn't see any dancers at all. The singers made a couple of appearances. The ice show was fabulous. They are having a lot of personnel transferred on and off the ship and it may be that it will be great by the time you will be cruising. Right now it is rated very low in my opinion. We are Diamonds and have cruised on quite a few RC ships.

• 1 month later...

I agree with skayebs!! We sailed on the Navigator Nov 14th - it was a cluster from the start and will NEVER sail on that ship out of Ft. Lauderdale again! RCL needs to re-think having so many ships in port on the same day that they have to bus passengers to and from the parking garage (they docked the Navigator down by the semi storage container area). While we were on deck for the muster drill, the Oasis was leaving....I told our friends and husband only way I will go out of Ft. Lauderdale again will be on the Oasis or Allure, other than that, I'll stick with Port Canaveral! We are going on the Oasis January 23rd. :-) I just pray that the Oasis didn't get their beds from the bargain basement bed store like the Navigator as their beds were harder than a concrete floor. So glad I brought my own pillow :-) By day 3, we had 3 comforters folded up underneath the sheet just for some type of cushion. BTW, the ice show is wonderful....the other shows, not so much.

Hope others have better luck than we did.

I agree with skayebs!! We sailed on the Navigator Nov 14th - it was a cluster from the start and will NEVER sail on that ship out of Ft. Lauderdale again! RCL needs to re-think having so many ships in port on the same day that they have to bus passengers to and from the parking garage (they docked the Navigator down by the semi storage container area). While we were on deck for the muster drill, the Oasis was leaving....I told our friends and husband only way I will go out of Ft. Lauderdale again will be on the Oasis or Allure, other than that, I'll stick with Port Canaveral! We are going on the Oasis January 23rd. :-) I just pray that the Oasis didn't get their beds from the bargain basement bed store like the Navigator as their beds were harder than a concrete floor. So glad I brought my own pillow :-) By day 3, we had 3 comforters folded up underneath the sheet just for some type of cushion. BTW, the ice show is wonderful....the other shows, not so much.

Hope others have better luck than we did.

We sailed on Navigator on the 6 day itinerary on the Nov 22nd departure. For us it surely was not a cluster from day 1. We park off site at the Park N Fly and they transported us over without any problem. I have heard people complain about the mattresses, but not everyone can be happy. I happen to like a hard mattress and DH like a softer one. It is hard to please both of us on any cruise week. I was happier this time than he was, but it wasn't as if he could not sleep. Most times, I am the one who is sleeping on a less firm mattress than I like. The ice show was terrific and the other shows were typical production shows done by the Royal Caribbean singers and dancers. On our sailing we had a very good comedian and El Gaucho, who is a juggler that we have seen before and had no interest in seeing again. Overall the entertainment was 'cruise typical' -- it entertained. It can't be compared to what you get on Oasis or Allure, because it isn't the same.

The cruise director staff did some very entertaining events in the Royale Promenade and held good trivia games, as well as your typical cruise ship activities around the pool and in various lounges.