Are luggage tags by mail automatic--anyway to stop?

JohnBoy in NC

Just a final thought. If you have booked a higher end suite the shore side conceirge could contact you by telephone a week or so before you cruise. If you have booked a suite I suggest you contact the conceirge first!

Have a wonderful cruise!

I am on the same Summit sailing as you and still have not received luggage tags. I have requested them online 4 times now. Going to call Celebrity and ask them to mail them out to me. Seems that is the only way to get them.

When you "requested" them on line did Celebrity ask you for your address?

requested them 39 days out and again 20 days out and still nothing. Called today to request and they did ask me for my address. Agent said they were having difficulties with their website. Wow must be the same designers that did the healthcare exchanges.:eek:

requested them 39 days out and again 20 days out and still nothing. Called today to request and they did ask me for my address. Agent said they were having difficulties with their website. Wow must be the same designers that did the healthcare exchanges.:eek:

I was wondering if the tags are not really "ordered" if they do not ask for your address. It looks like they are ordered, but maybe they are not.

We've never received luggage tags without requesting them. I think the 2 sets were a glitch in their system.

For my upcoming Equinox cruise (Jan 02, 2016) I started ordering luggage tags in late October. NEVER got any so far.

I called Celebrity and they TOLD ME that they ordered tags for me; NEVER got those either. I'm leaving on Wednesday for FLL with tags I had to print for myself; and no explanation from X as to why I never got the pre-printed ones.

Disappointed; but certainly not surprised. The Celebrity website is the most dysfunctional site I have ever encountered.

One more note of caution if this is supposed to be a surprise:

A couple of years ago, Celebrity called to welcome us back onboard about 3 weeks before our trip. Not sure if they are still doing this or what ever prompted them to do this in the first place but it kind of put a damper on nearly a year of planning on my part to keep this a surprise for my husband's 60th birthday. He thought we were attending a seminar for my work down in Orlando until that call from RCCL (the parent company of Celebrity) came in.

Sorry, didn't understand what this charge is about. First time on Celebrity for a TA to Rome.

"If you receive printed cruise documents for $35 per document, your customized set of luggage tags will be included in your printed document book."

It is nothing to be concerned about.

That is an extra option that is available if you want them to mail you the full cruise documents as printed paper documents, instead of just receiving them electronically by email (thus called e-docs) the way that most passengers receive them.

Both the mailed paper documents and the mailed luggage tags are really unnecessary,

since you receive the e-docs by email and can view them online and then print any parts you may want yourself at no charge, if you wish to do so.

Luggage tags are provided at the pier, where your bags are tagged by the porters when you check them in (or you can tag them there yourself if you prefer), so it is not necessary to bother getting luggage tags in advance either.

Both are just options that are offered by Celebrity for anyone who wants them.

Edited by fleckle

Yes, there is a button that says Order Luggage tags and you click on that and then you fill in your name and address and hit submit. I did this no less than 6-7 times and never received them. Had to call the Captains Club number and they manually sent them out to me.

That is exactly what I did, so I guess I will not be receiving my tags either. It has not been too long sent I ordered mine, but they usually arrive in a short time. Therefore I may not get them. I may need to pretend that I am cruising with Princess and print them.

Thanks.

As other have posted I can confirm that the process for ordered luggage tags is broken. I thought I ordered mine some weeks ago as Celbrity asked for my mailing address when I thought I ordered my tags. In the past I have always received them in a short time. After reading this thread I feared that they might not have actually been ordered.

I just called the Captain Club number and Scott told me that the system does not show an order for luggage tags for me. He did place an order and confirmed. Since my cruise leaves on 1/10 I might not receive them on time, but I thought I would try. I know I do not have to have them, but I like the version that is mailed in advance.

It is my recommendation that if you do not receive the tags in a couple of weeks after ordering them that you call the CC to confirm. They were very helpful.

I wonder if Celebrity is in the middle of a process charge requiring everyone to print their own tags. I know this is the process for Princess.