Next Cruise Certificate

debt

Is it possible to buy the next cruise certificate on embarkation day? I would like to take care of that before I start shopping. And about shopping, does anyone know how much a carton of cigarettes cost in Mexico? No specific brand, just a general average.

Is it possible to buy the next cruise certificate on embarkation day? I would like to take care of that before I start shopping. And about shopping, does anyone know how much a carton of cigarettes cost in Mexico? No specific brand, just a general average.

Check the hours for your cruise consultant in the Freestyle daily. Or just drop your form off in their drop box.

Yes; the Cruise Next Office will probably be open 4pm to 8pm if our last cruise is anything to go by. However the 4pm might be too early depending on the Boat Drill.

Mike

And the CN deposit will not post to your shipboard account until the future cruise rep gets around to processing it. It may not be that day, if they have a backlog from the previous sailing to work through.

Since you mentioned shopping, I think maybe you are hoping to get the OBC for purchasing the deposit and use it for shopping on board? But in fact everything will be charged and credited to the same account throughout the cruise and you don't settle the bill until the end, so it really doesn't matter if you get the OBC sooner or later. So there's no rush to necessarily buy the deposit on the first day, if you have other stuff to do. (Unless you actually want to book another cruise urgently.)

And the CN deposit will not post to your shipboard account until the future cruise rep gets around to processing it. It may not be that day, if they have a backlog from the previous sailing to work through.

Since you mentioned shopping, I think maybe you are hoping to get the OBC for purchasing the deposit and use it for shopping on board? But in fact everything will be charged and credited to the same account throughout the cruise and you don't settle the bill until the end, so it really doesn't matter if you get the OBC sooner or later. So there's no rush to necessarily buy the deposit on the first day, if you have other stuff to do. (Unless you actually want to book another cruise urgently.)

Thanks for the info. I am hoping to get the cost of the certificate off my budget so I can shop without having to worry if I have enough pesos :p

With our last cruise (before Cruise Next), the on board credit could be used to offset the price of the future cruise certificate. But we ended up spending much more than that shopping on board anyway.

Another question -- With Cruise Next, you get a choice of promotions (like UBP, etc.) if you book a specific cruise... but how do you know NCL is giving you a good price? Do you print out current prices for interested cruises before you get on board the ship? Prices seem to change a lot. In Jan. 2015, we booked a cruise for 2016 and that same cruise is now $1700 more total.

Edited by SeaWatcher65

Another question -- With Cruise Next, you get a choice of promotions (like UBP, etc.) if you book a specific cruise... but how do you know NCL is giving you a good price? Do you print out current prices for interested cruises before you get on board the ship? Prices seem to change a lot.

Yes, I think it is always a good idea to monitor prices (and availability) for cruises you are seriously thinking about booking. On board, you can access the NCL site, including the cruise search and booking functions, on the ship's computers (in the internet café) even without paying for internet access. At least it has been like that in the past, I haven't checked on my last couple of cruises.

If you put down a CruiseNext deposit for a future cruise on board, you are allowed one free change. I still haven't seen any detailed terms for this offer, but I think this means you can ask for one price drop (before final payment).

Branded cigs in Mexico are not the same as at home as they use different tobacco, just so you know.

Yes, I think it is always a good idea to monitor prices (and availability) for cruises you are seriously thinking about booking. On board, you can access the NCL site, including the cruise search and booking functions, on the ship's computers (in the internet café) even without paying for internet access. At least it has been like that in the past, I haven't checked on my last couple of cruises.

If you put down a CruiseNext deposit for a future cruise on board, you are allowed one free change. I still haven't seen any detailed terms for this offer, but I think this means you can ask for one price drop (before final payment).

I didn't know about accessing the NCL web site for free, hopefully. I saw the thing about only one change. If the fine print about only one change permitted includes a change in cabin or price drop for the same cruise, that will deter me from doing it.