Is royal caribbean too much a party boat cruise?

I don't feel it's a party ship at all, I've been on different rccl ships and I've never really seen that many people walking around drunk, I feel it's more of a family type cruise, I also feel it's hard to go overboard on these ships, the railing are pretty high, you'd have to crawl over and jump, also I've never been pushed by rccl to drink, etc.

Edited by hollon

We just came off a 12 day transatlantic and did not find they pushed anything hard. Granted, we were usually in for the night around 10 so I don't know what happened later than that. I do know that a large part of the time is taken up with sales of a lot of junk brought in for the occasion! We had a good cruise.

They have like a billion ships with itineraries all over the world. Generalizing in this situation is not valuable.

All lines in this class push booze packages.

All lines can end up as a party cruse during spring break.

I've never even sailed RCCL and don't particularly intend to, but you got even me to respond, so if this was a troll post, well done. :)

Keep seeing reports of people drinking way to much, falling overboard, violence with a younger cruise group and wonder if social media has Royal as the cruise line of choice for party down. I do know rccl pushes the booze hard when aboard.

With all due respect, have you ever been on a RCCL cruise? Because they are no way classified as a "party down" ship. I have never seen them "push the booze hard". When you say you "know" they do, how do you know this?

I've been cruising RCI for years an never seen them push booze. Maybe your think of Carnival

Carnival doesn't push it anymore than RCI does. While we prefer RCI, we have been on 5 Carnival cruises and have seen no more partying than on RCI. In fact, the only time I've ever seen someone falling down drunk/sick was on RCI.

Keep seeing reports of people drinking way to much, falling overboard, violence with a younger cruise group and wonder if social media has Royal as the cruise line of choice for party down. I do know rccl pushes the booze hard when aboard.

If you feel that way, don't sail on Royal. Easy.

When you say "keep seeing them" - what frequency are you talking about? Once a week, once a month, once a year? And compare that with the number of cruises there are.

I think we cruise quite a bit more frequently than the overboard reports- so I don't see what you are implying. Nor do I see masses of drunk people even on the short trip.

But that is based on our experiences- not on "reports". Sorry that I believe my eyes so much.:D

Trolling troll is trolling.

Other then the man overboard incident on Oasis the other day, I haven't heard many of "your" reports. The incident on Oasis has nothing to do with the cruise line. Anyone can drink too much, have a fight with their family/friend, and go overboard. Haven't seen Royal push alcohol more than any other lines.

Stupid thread...Why am I even responding?

RCCL goes out of their way to market themselves as a family cruise line. They have teamed up with Dreamworks and Universal Studios. Your conclusions, based on whatever articles you've found, do not represent the RCCL cruises I've been on over the last 15 years.

With regards to pushing alcohol, they do push the drink packages but not all packages contain alcohol. Drink packages are a trend that I'm not sure you'll see go away. They give the cruise lines good data and money whether it be coffee, tea, soda or alcohol drinkers.

If you've never sailed RCCL I think you should go. We have a 7 & 10 year old and they've both sailed multiple times. I think you will be very impressed with how family oriented they are.

Carnival doesn't push it anymore than RCI does. While we prefer RCI, we have been on 5 Carnival cruises and have seen no more partying than on RCI. In fact, the only time I've ever seen someone falling down drunk/sick was on RCI.

I have to agree the only time was on the explorer he was so drunk he wasn't able to walk a straight line but he kept getting served.

And I have to say call rccl now ask a question about your cruise and the last thing they do is try to sell you a drink package!!!!!.

The only thing they're guilty of is successful marketing which brings people onboard from all walks of life. They're catering to the masses and unfortunately a very, very small percentage of those people make more noise than the thousands who find cruising one of the most relaxing ways to travel.

I haven't experienced any of this.

Falling overboard :confused: You can't just fall overboard... it's more like stupiding overboard.

Well if you keep seeing multiple reports, how about filling the rest of us in with links so we can read too.

Seriously! I've been on Disney, Celebrity and RCI. The only time I witness drunk, unruly guests was on Disney. It was a Spring Break cruise with a preponderance of families. The combination of bad weather, missed ports and angry guests, plus free drinks from Disney in an effort to appease the angry masses. Never give angry, lightweights free drinks. I was literally sidelined and laid flat by a drunken frat-like family guy. I can laugh about it now.

Of course, I wouldn't call Disney a party boat, but true story.

Koohiichan