Booked early saver- charged in full?

JJ823

I booked "early saver" for a 5 day on the Sunshine for 10/2016. When I go into my booking (immediately after booking the cruise) it says it is "paid in full". Shouldn't it just be the deposit?

I booked "early saver" for a 5 day on the Sunshine for 10/2016. When I go into my booking (immediately after booking the cruise) it says it is "paid in full". Shouldn't it just be the deposit?

Same thing happened to me...well, I guess I let it happen by not reading everything on the screen before I hit enter/select/return or whatever. In fairness only to myself, I did it late at night just before going to bed, so I likely just missed that check box or whatever was displayed.

But even so , not a big deal to me as you have to pay for it eventually anyways. And should absolute disaster strike and we someone cannot go, forget to cancel or whatever, and I lose it all...again not a big deal in the bigger game of life. Actually right now I feel pretty good that our cruise is all paid for 7 months early!

Oh yeah I could have put the money in the bank and could have netted $10 or so in interest...again not a big deal.

Same thing happened to me...well, I guess I let it happen by not reading everything on the screen before I hit enter/select/return or whatever. In fairness only to myself, I did it late at night just before going to bed, so I likely just missed that check box or whatever was displayed.

But even so , not a big deal to me as you have to pay for it eventually anyways. And should absolute disaster strike and we someone cannot go, forget to cancel or whatever, and I lose it all...again not a big deal in the bigger game of life. Actually right now I feel pretty good that our cruise is all paid for 7 months early!

Oh yeah I could have put the money in the bank and could have netted $10 or so in interest...again not a big deal.

Where are you banking that you could make $10 in interest in 7 months on an amount for a 5 day cruise. Even in the Captain's suite, $10 in interest is a lot nowadays.

Where are you banking that you could make $10 in interest in 7 months on an amount for a 5 day cruise. Even in the Captain's suite, $10 in interest is a lot nowadays.

7 day cruise.

Summer prices (i.e. no bargain)

2 Cloud 9 Spa rooms

I was figuring 0.5% APR for nine months...less 25% income taxes.

You can do the math to figured what I paid.

Actually I bank at a Federal Credit Union and I get 1.49% interest on my checking account so I would I earn more than $10 in interest in 7 months time on the price of a 5 day cruise.

Edited by Jana60

Did you book online? By default, "pay full amount" is selected when it's time to enter your credit card.

It got me once also! I said "Hold up..wait a minute!" I do not like that default feature. I'm sure they get more calls than necessary from people who missed that default. They also fixed it when I called. Now when I book, I always remember to change it. :)

Thanks, everyone! I just got off the phone with Carnival, they fixed it without a hitch. I blame myself for being too excited to read all the fine print. :)

I think Carnival should fix that issue. I'm sure they get a lot of calls to reverse it when someone clicks too fast.

I also paid in full by mistake. I realized it the next day and called Carnival right away. The Carnival agent took care of it right away and processed an immediate credit card credit. I would imagine this happens a lot because the website does default to pay in full.

I hope I remember to check this the next time I book a cruise.