HIMSELF will be on Zuiderdam on Nov. 9, 2015

Himself

Saturday was a nice peaceful day at Sea. Captain Turner gave a nice presentation in the Crows Nest and kindly answered all questions from the audience-there were many. Vigil Mass at 5:00 PM drew about 175. We arrived in Cartagena early this morning and are docked next to the MSC Divina. We will leave here at 12:30PM so the stay will be brief and it is on to the Partial Canal in the morning.

Keep Smiling!

We were delayed in leaving sunny and hot Cartagena due to traffic and some of the tour buses being delayed. Then we hightailed it to the Panama Canal. We were into the Gatun Locks before 7:30 and after Mass we were in the top lock and anchored by 9:15. Then the rains came and it rained all day. It slowed down our going back through the locks and we arrived at Colon City about 3:45 rather than 3:00 PM It is now 7:35 and we are still tied down at Colon. We should be off to Porto Limon in a while. We are due to be docked there at 6:30 AM and I think we leave by 3:30PM for the two plus day journey back to Fort Lauderdale. That is all for now.

Himself

We are now at our last Port of Call. We are in Limon Costa Rica until 3:30PM when all are scheduled to be back on board. The ship is nice and cool the way I like it and I am a bit diffident about walking down to the port shops in all the heat and sun. I am a bit nervous about getting skin cancer in the sun. We are in with the MSC Divina.

We were delayed in leaving sunny and hot Cartagena due to traffic and some of the tour buses being delayed. Then we hightailed it to the Panama Canal. We were into the Gatun Locks before 7:30 and after Mass we were in the top lock and anchored by 9:15. Then the rains came and it rained all day. It slowed down our going back through the locks and we arrived at Colon City about 3:45 rather than 3:00 PM It is now 7:35 and we are still tied down at Colon. We should be off to Porto Limon in a while. We are due to be docked there at 6:30 AM and I think we leave by 3:30PM for the two plus day journey back to Fort Lauderdale. That is all for now.

Himself

Sorry to hear that Panama day was a rainy one.

We are now at our last Port of Call. We are in Limon Costa Rica until 3:30PM when all are scheduled to be back on board. The ship is nice and cool the way I like it and I am a bit diffident about walking down to the port shops in all the heat and sun. I am a bit nervous about getting skin cancer in the sun. We are in with the MSC Divina.

Thanks for checking in about Costa Limon.

Best to stay on board and avoid the heat.

Sorry to hear that Panama day was a rainy one.

Actually, the Gatun Lake is at 82 feet when it should be at 85 feet so I think the rain was a blessing in disguise. They need a lot of rain there to keep the lake level up.

This has been an interesting cruise. The day before we went to Aruba, a noon we pushed the clock ahead one hour. The night before Cartagena we went back to Eastern time. Last night we pushed the clock back to central time and tomorrow at 11:59 AM we will move the clock ahead one hour to eastern time.

Thank you very much, Himself. I have really enjoyed your comments and information about your cruise. I felt like I have been there with on the cruise, maybe one day we will be able to cruise together and enjoy the sights and sounds together. Thank you for taking your time to share your experiences on your cruise.

David

Hi Father, I have been off the boards of late. It was great to not only see your post, but to realize my son and inlaws will be on this same cruise starting on Friday. Too bad they missed you. Just yesterday I was telling them about you and the priest program on Holland America.

My son is wondering how the Zuiderdam is handling Gala Nights. Are they allowing men into the dining room on Gala Nights with just a button down, collared shirt? I have been reading conflicting information on the new dress code. If you see this I would appreciate an update on how the Zuiderdam is handling the Gala nights.

Have a safe journey home and enjoy your last few days.

Edited by vbmom87

This has been an interesting cruise. The day before we went to Aruba, a noon we pushed the clock ahead one hour. The night before Cartagena we went back to Eastern time. Last night we pushed the clock back to central time and tomorrow at 11:59 AM we will move the clock ahead one hour to eastern time.

Goodness father you must feel like you just keep going back and forth !!!:D

Thanks for taking the time to do your postings, I enjoyed reading of your adventures.

Helen

Hi Father, I have been off the boards of late. It was great to not only see your post, but to realize my son and inlaws will be on this same cruise starting on Friday. Too bad they missed you. Just yesterday I was telling them about you and the priest program on Holland America.

My son is wondering how the Zuiderdam is handling Gala Nights. Are they allowing men into the dining room on Gala Nights with just a button down, collared shirt? I have been reading conflicting information on the new dress code. If you see this I would appreciate an update on how the Zuiderdam is handling the Gala nights.

Have a safe journey home and enjoy your last few days.

Tell your son to wear a suit coat or sport coat on the Gala Nights. There are two of them.

The first Sea Day between HMC and Aruba and the second one is the day after Porto Lemon or the second last day at Sea.

Thank you very much, Himself. I have really enjoyed your comments and information about your cruise. I felt like I have been there with on the cruise, maybe one day we will be able to cruise together and enjoy the sights and sounds together. Thank you for taking your time to share your experiences on your cruise.

David

I would like that very much. Give my best to your dear wife.

Himself

Tell your son to wear a suit coat or sport coat on the Gala Nights. There are two of them.

The first Sea Day between HMC and Aruba and the second one is the day after Porto Lemon or the second last day at Sea.

Thanks for the info!! I will pass it on to my son. He is busy packing tonight. This was a last minute trip.

I hope you had a great cruise. Hopefully someday we can meet on one of the cruises you are on.

Evening Father; any idea when your next assignment is?

Next April! I will leave the Sunday after Easter for a week in the Western Caribbean on the Nieuw Amsterdam. When I get off on April 10, the NA sails for her inaugural season in Alaska.

Good morning friends:

This is my last Day at Sea. We are coming into the Gulf of Alaska and we will soon be heading East, North East and will be having the coast of Cuba on our starboard side of the ship. We had 48 at Mass this morning. The sun is out and the sea is not as rough as it was yesterday. Having a great cruise. I wish all were with me.

So long every one!

Good morning friends:

This is my last Day at Sea. We are coming into the Gulf of Alaska and we will soon be heading East, North East and will be having the coast of Cuba on our starboard side of the ship. We had 48 at Mass this morning. The sun is out and the sea is not as rough as it was yesterday. Having a great cruise. I wish all were with me.

So long every one!

Captain been drinking and driving again :confused: :D

The Captain--Chris Turner--is a fine man and does not drink when driving. He is doing a fine job in bringing us back to Ft. Lauderdale. Cuba is visible off the starboard side of the Zuiderdam. We will come within a few miles of Havana tonight but we are not docking to say hello to Fidel the infidel.