Bed location on Allure

It looks like the balcony cabin we have booked on the Allure has the bed by the closet. I'd be interested to hear from everyone - bed by closet or balcony? Pros and cons of each? Is it worth changing rooms to get one or the other?

I am a middle of the night balcony sitter (thanks, insomnia!) and think I'd rather not risk waking my daughter in the sofa bed to get to the balcony. Am considering changing rooms, but want to hear what others think. Thanks!

It looks like the balcony cabin we have booked on the Allure has the bed by the closet. I'd be interested to hear from everyone - bed by closet or balcony? Pros and cons of each? Is it worth changing rooms to get one or the other?

I am a middle of the night balcony sitter (thanks, insomnia!) and think I'd rather not risk waking my daughter in the sofa bed to get to the balcony. Am considering changing rooms, but want to hear what others think. Thanks!

Realize that if you have a sofa bed in your room it will most likely be near the balcony while the bed is by the closet. This just seems to be the way they are set up.

We have had both and there are pros and cons to each. Personally we prefer the bed near the closet if it is made into the full size (gives larger living space to us with the cabin and balcony combined, not split up). Yes it is a tight fit to get to the closet but really not bad, just sit on the bed :) to access the closet. If, however, you have the beds split that "ok" space for the closet gets really tight. Therefore if the beds are split we prefer them by the balcony.

We do have a sofa bed, but I thought the set up of the rooms alternated. I had read the " find a connecting room and count from the room on the right" method and was using that to predict our room. I have seen a photo of a room with both the Queen bed and the sofa bed set up for the night and the sofa near the balcony, and it appeared that it pretty much blocked the balcony doors. I was trying to wrap my head around how it works. The sofa beds on RCI look like they open to about the size of a double, while the sofas on Disney do a little flip thing and end up the size of a twin, which leaves the floor space open. Where does the little table go when the bed is open? How much room is there to navigate around?

For me, it depends. We are planning to book the Allure for next November.

If we book the Boardwalk balcony, I'm going for the bed away from the balcony. Hubby likes to lay in bed and watch TV a lot on our cruises, and this setup will help with the privacy issues of these balconies. He'll appreciate being closer to the closet.

However, if we book the Oceanview balcony, I'm going for the bed closest to balcony. No privacy issues here. We can sit up or lay back and see the ocean while laying in bed.

So those are my reasons.

The first time we sailed on Oasis, we did not know about the bed arrangement and we ended up with a bed by the closet. It was my dd and I so our beds were separated and it was quite close in there. I really did not like it. There is a small table in between the beds when they are separated. When we sailed a few months later, I made sure to get the bed by the balcony and not separate them. The cabin was much easier to live in with that arrangement. I found there was enough room to go in and out the balcony since we didn't separate the beds and it was also much easier to use the closet.

How can you determine whether the bed is by the closet or balcony??

Thanks!

Linda

On the Oasis and Allure, find the closest connecting cabin. Now picture yourself standing right in front of the pair of connectors. The cabin on the RIGHT has the bed by the Balcony (think RIGHT is right!). Every other cabin from there will be the bed on by the balcony.

With the bed by the balcony, it gives the cabin a more open feeling when entering. That, and the fact that there is more space by the closet. HOWEVER, I like having the couch by the balcony....almost like an extension of the living room. To each their own.